LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Braves (Foltynewicz) [Brewers win, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Solo HRs from Yelich, Hiura, Gamel; Woodruff lasts 8 IP]

Offline  Re: 2019-05-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Braves (Foltynewicz) 12:20 PM CDT

Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:53 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Let’s see how long Murph leaves woody in today, the way he’s pitching I hope it’s til it’s over.

61 pitches through 6 innings - could easily happen.

As long as it is close I would leave him in, all of the key relievers pitched last night and he is cruising right now. Give him a shot to finish it, it's not like you need to PH for him.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-19: Brewers (Woodruff) at Braves (Foltynewicz) 12:20 PM CDT

Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:53 PM Post
With the talk about Hiura struggling with fastballs right now....

What is the difference between the average MPH on fastballs from MLB to AAA? Gotta be a way to look it up, but I have no idea how. I wouldn't think there would be a drastic difference. The AAA bullpens obviously won't have 5 guys throwing 98+ like some MLB pens do, but you'd think the starters velocity would be pretty close.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:56 PM Post
Hirua up to 260 with a couple knocks today. Kid is going to be ok I think. Hope they stick with him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:58 PM Post
wildcat83 said:

What is the difference between the average MPH on fastballs from MLB to AAA? Gotta be a way to look it up, but I have no idea how. I wouldn't think there would be a drastic difference. The AAA bullpens obviously won't have 5 guys throwing 98+ like some MLB pens do, but you'd think the starters velocity would be pretty close.

I really think it's more about the secondary stuff. Guys at this level have much better secondary pitches and locate them much more consistently. Could be a matter of him just guessing up there not knowing what's coming.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 12:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'd say it would have more to do with movement and location of fastballs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:00 PM Post
No close up replay shown yet, but slo mo on DVR looked safe. Hope we didn't just pass up a chance to overturn a bad call that would have meant bases loaded.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:03 PM Post
valpocrewsader said:
No close up replay shown yet, but slo mo on DVR looked safe. Hope we didn't just pass up a chance to overturn a bad call that would have meant bases loaded.

Us getting a replay call in our favor? Yelich could hit a 500 foot home run to dead center and New York would say foul ball.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
wildcat83 said:

Hiura had a 2 hit night in his debut against a starter throwing 90-91 mph. Since then he's faced pretty much nothing but guys throwing mid to upper 90s. The batspeed is there, the timing isn't yet with that legkick against velocity - the fact he's punished offspeed pitches in the zone the handful of times he's seen them is a good sign. I'd look for them to try and get the legkick just a bit less pronounced to give him the extra milliseconds needed to catch up to the increased velo.

I'd rather have Hiura needing to make this adjustment than looking ok on fastballs but being completely off balance and getting fooled against offspeed consistently.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
valpocrewsader said:

Why on earth wouldn't Murph challenge that anyway? Even if you lose, at this point late in the game they will go look at anything on an umpire review if you ask them to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
wildcat83 said:

I just went and counted. Guess how many 95.5+ mph pitches Hiura has swung through so far in his lengthy MLB career, which has given rise to this narrative?

A grand total of 4 [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:08 PM Post
Saw that comin. And I’m not psychic.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:11 PM Post
The Brewers offense has really laid an egg this weekend. Shut out for 6 innings on Friday and only scored a bunch of consolation runs, several of them unearned, until the game was out of reach. 2 runs in the first inning yesterday and then nothing until the two Baltimore chop hits in the 9th while twice squandering golden opportunities. 2 solo HRs today and nothing else and now staring a sweep in the face unless they can generate something soon.

Pretty big disappointment after looking like they were getting something going in Philadelphia.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:12 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
wildcat83 said:

Hiura had a 2 hit night in his debut against a starter throwing 90-91 mph. Since then he's faced pretty much nothing but guys throwing mid to upper 90s. The batspeed is there, the timing isn't yet with that legkick against velocity - the fact he's punished offspeed pitches in the zone the handful of times he's seen them is a good sign. I'd look for them to try and get the legkick just a bit less pronounced to give him the extra milliseconds needed to catch up to the increased velo.

I'd rather have Hiura needing to make this adjustment than looking ok on fastballs but being completely off balance and getting fooled against offspeed consistently.

Agree.
Timing is off on good FBs. I like that he can hit breaking balls, ala Ryan Braun.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:28 PM Post
Woody taking the next step going deep into a game, he is really on a nice run. Sucks he gave up the Freeman dinger to tie it but we may have something here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:36 PM Post
Big spot for Hiura here. Just get it in play kid!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:38 PM Post
Dangit.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:38 PM Post
wildcat83 said:

Well, he did. [sad]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2019, 1:39 PM Post
This offense is a complete embarrassment trying to execute in any man on 3rd and less than 2 out situation.

Quote   Reply 

adambr2 said:
wildcat83 said:

Well, he did. [sad]

My bad, should have been more specific...

Quote   Reply 

adambr2 said:
This offense is a complete embarrassment trying to execute in any man on 3rd and less than 2 out situation.

No kidding.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply