LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 200 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-05-31: Brewers (Chacín) at Pirates (Archer) [Brewers lose, 9-4 -- Chacín issues three walks with the bases loaded; Hiura goes 3-for-4 with a HR and 3 RBIs]

Online  Re: 2019-05-31: Brewers (Chacín) at Pirates (Archer) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:14 PM Post
That doesn't help.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-05-31: Brewers (Chacín) at Pirates (Archer) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:14 PM Post
young guns said:
Heck, for how bad chachin was pitching he might have been trying to grove the pitches right down the middle, but because of how bad he was tonight he might just have been missing badly but luckily still hitting the zone.

I'm pretty sure that is close to what was happening.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:15 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
jason21nl said:
bigredrobbo said:
Gahd, Plesac, shut yer piehole!

He makes me laugh

Is it really worse than Bill?

I actually prefer Bill.

How long is he gone, or where is he?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:17 PM Post
Ugly

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:17 PM Post
Well, that's enough for me tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:18 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Well, that's enough for me tonight.

What, and miss Claudio coming in against a right hander.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:19 PM Post
Game over. Wow. This team is tough to watch night to night. You never know what you are going to get pitching wise. Hitting wise. Defense. Base running is horrendous. Frustrating team. Oakland wins 10 straight. Brewers lucky to win 3 in a row with this crew.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:20 PM Post
jason21nl said:
Ugly

And awfully unfortunate.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:21 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Game over. Wow. This team is tough to watch night to night. You never know what you are going to get pitching wise. Hitting wise. Defense. Base running is horrendous. Frustrating team. Oakland wins 10 straight. Brewers lucky to win 3 in a row with this crew.

10 straight to get 2 games above .500 and still have a worse record than the crew

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:22 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

I don't think the issue is the offense. I think you could visit a board for just about any team and they would complain about offensive consistency. The offense scores enough runs most every night. We just don't have the arm talent to sustain success.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:25 PM Post
Hiura giveth, Hiura taketh away. The scouting reports on him are pretty much right on. He can hit, but is not, and likely never will be a gifted defender. The shifts and having Arcia next to him mitigate it some, but they can't on plays like that. It's just something we're going to have to deal with as Brewer fans from him ... until the DH comes to the NL.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:27 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Hiura giveth, Hiura taketh away. The scouting reports on him are pretty much right on. He can hit, but is not, and likely never will be a gifted defender. The shifts and having Arcia next to him mitigate it some, but they can't on plays like that. It's just something we're going to have to deal with as Brewer fans from him ... until the DH comes to the NL.

Most of his mistakes, like the throw tonight, are a product of a rookie trying to rush or make something happen that isn't there. He's made some pretty good plays as well. He isn't going to win a gold glove but he will be a solid 2B.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:28 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

It seems like he has the most issues when he feels his throw needs to be rushed.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:29 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
Bulldogboy said:

I don't think the issue is the offense. I think you could visit a board for just about any team and they would complain about offensive consistency. The offense scores enough runs most every night. We just don't have the arm talent to sustain success.

I agree with you on this. Consistency begins and ends with the pitching. We don't have enough.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
Some ugly numbers for the top of the lineup tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
Bulldogboy said:

Of course it’s the offense, just like it was the offense last year. Home runs or nothing. The story of this team. Another non-massive K hitter or two will change that. Maybe Shaw will mash again. Then it’s just one.

Pitching is stronger, not great but good, with the potential to get better. Chacín is the only horrible starter, soon to be replaced by Nelson. Bullpen can hold a lead, and will get better.

But a team that can’t move runners, sac fly to get run in from third, that the only way they score is from the home run, will die in the playoffs from good pitching shutting them down again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
Well, it's a good thing it's only June 1. They have time to get things figured out before the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:44 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Bulldogboy said:

Of course it’s the offense, just like it was the offense last year. Home runs or nothing. The story of this team. Another non-massive K hitter or two will change that. Maybe Shaw will mash again. Then it’s just one.

Pitching is stronger, not great but good, with the potential to get better. Chacín is the only horrible starter, soon to be replaced by Nelson. Bullpen can hold a lead, and will get better.

But a team that can’t move runners, sac fly to get run in from third, that the only way they score is from the home run, will die in the playoffs from good pitching shutting them down again.

There is literally nothing about that post that I agree with but you're entitled to your opinion.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
That was a ball

Quote   Reply 
Posted: May 31, 2019, 7:49 PM Post
Then you probably shouldn't acquire situational pitchers, Dan.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 200 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply