LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 112 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-20: Reds (Roark) at Brewers (Nelson) [Brewers lose, 7-1 -- Yelich hitting 28th HR is lone bright spot]

Offline  Re: 2019-06-20: Reds (Roark) at Brewers (Nelson) 7:10 PM CDT

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:31 PM Post
You wonder what Yelich thinks when watching the Arcia of the world hit. He has to from time to time think dude you just have to watch the ball and hit it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:31 PM Post
Of course I’m serious. Nelson didn’t simply tear his labrum; he tore everything in his shoulder around the joint, front and back. You don’t have to take my word for it, it was reported in substantial detail that he was in uncharted area with his injury.

Pitchers get dropped all the time after suffering a major injury. Drew Smyly and Mike Minor come to mind as a couple examples.

All I’m saying is for a ‘small market club’ to sink significant bucks into an injured pitcher with no idea on how he’ll perform post injury was a dumb risk. Maybe Nelson makes me eat crow, then again maybe I’m right

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:32 PM Post
treego14 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
If the Cubs win tonight(and they were up last time I looked), they will be a game and half up...and you just kind of get the feeling they will start to separate a bit.

Of course they will ... as long as we stand pat with our season-long-under-performers.

Yup, season's over! One day after falling out of first place by half a game...despite having two of our middle of the order bats struggle badly and having an incredibly tough schedule to start the season, the Brewers are clearly done for.

And we all know Stearns is scared to make a move. He won't do anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's trying to lose.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:35 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
treego14 said:
The team needs a shakeup in the roster very quickly.

This aloof false confidence is not gonna' cut it.

Shaw ... you're outta' here.
Aguilar ... take a seat for awhile.
Arcia ... take a seat for awhile.
Nelson ... try to get ready at AAA.

Braun/Grandal/Thames at 1B only. Aguilar only pinch-hits.
Saladino at SS for a week while Arcia pinch-hits occasionally.
Hiura at 2B. No brainer. (Moose back at 3rd)
Houser/Peralta take Nelson's spot in the rotation.

Let's do this yesterday!!!

Let's be proactive ... not very slowly reactive. Small market teams gotta' be smarter! Come on, Stearns!

You don't just dump a guy who's produced ~8.5 WAR for you the past two years.

Arcia has to stay. He's hit the ball real hard right at people during this little slump, but his defense is too good. Aguilar got here in a pinch hitting role, so fine, he can move to the bench. Send Shaw back down and give him a few weeks/month. But he's been too productive to just get rid of.

You are a lot higher on Arcia than me.

I just don't think he's that good. We're in his 4th season now and it just seems like he is what he is. His defense is good, but overrated to an extent, IMO.

I don't think he absolutely needs to be replaced but if they were to send him down and give his starts to Dubon or Saladino for awhile I wouldn't have any issue with it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:35 PM Post
We are wasting a legendary year from yelich

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thus far 19 of Yelich’s 28 home runs have been solo shots. It would be nice to have Yelich hit more often with runners on base this year, anecdotally that doesn’t seem to be happening as often as it should.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:37 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Of course I’m serious. Nelson didn’t simply tear his labrum; he tore everything in his shoulder around the joint, front and back. You don’t have to take my word for it, it was reported in substantial detail that he was in uncharted area with his injury.

Pitchers get dropped all the time after suffering a major injury. Drew Smyly and Mike Minor come to mind as a couple examples.

All I’m saying is for a ‘small market club’ to sink significant bucks into an injured pitcher with no idea on how he’ll perform post injury was a dumb risk. Maybe Nelson makes me eat crow, then again maybe I’m right

That makes it all the worse. To suggest that the Brewers should have just dumped their young ace.

And I'm certainly not taking your word for it. Pitchers have absolutely come back from injuries similar to Nelson's.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:38 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
treego14 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
If the Cubs win tonight(and they were up last time I looked), they will be a game and half up...and you just kind of get the feeling they will start to separate a bit.

Of course they will ... as long as we stand pat with our season-long-under-performers.

Yup, season's over! One day after falling out of first place by half a game...despite having two of our middle of the order bats struggle badly and having an incredibly tough schedule to start the season, the Brewers are clearly done for.

And we all know Stearns is scared to make a move. He won't do anything. In fact, I'm pretty sure he's trying to lose.

Oh my ... I wish you would read my posts more carefully ... [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:39 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Thus far 19 of Yelich’s 28 home runs have been solo shots. It would be nice to have Yelich hit more often with runners on base this year, anecdotally that doesn’t seem to be happening as often as it should.

Unfortunately no real surprise there as he bats after a pitcher and a guy with a .308 OBP.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:41 PM Post
I'm a big fan of David Stearns, but between Nelson, Shaw, and Hiura, June 2019 has not been his finest month.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:42 PM Post
I’m really starting to hate this team

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:46 PM Post
Shaw got a hit ... that will buy him another week, maybe. [wink]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:46 PM Post
adambr2 said:

I just don't think he's that good. We're in his 4th season now and it just seems like he is what he is. His defense is good, but overrated to an extent, IMO.

I don't think he absolutely needs to be replaced but if they were to send him down and give his starts to Dubon or Saladino for awhile I wouldn't have any issue with it.

I don't think he's special, but I do think his current struggles are being exaggerated. He's hammered some balls to straightaway center that have been right at guys. He's already a streaky hitter, then you add in some bad luck and sure, he'll look bad. I don't think his defense is overrated, but I think that's more a matter of opinion now because I just don't trust most defensive metrics on IF'ers anymore with the shifting.

If you want to bring up Dubon, he's hot, that'd be fine. Saladino you know what you have and it's not much. But two main things. 1-I am realizing why I don't post in IGT's, the reactionary stuff is absurd(not referring to you, just the whole, "we're down 3-0, the sky is falling" stuff and then my reason for not wanting to send him down, I don't think he's really earned a demotion at this point. He's had a really bad June, but he's also had a .163 BABIP and it's not like he's striking out 40 pct of the time.

I'm on board with sending Shaw down. I don't know that sending Arcia down accomplishes anything. He's a glove first defensive SS with a .680 OPS after a really bad month. And with that, I'm gonna just leave the IGT. It's too reactionary/sky is falling as I said. I get as annoyed with all the bashing of the Brewers organization and what Stearns should have done type hindsight as I do with the Brewers struggling.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I'm a big fan of David Stearns, but between Nelson, Shaw, and Hiura, June 2019 has not been his finest month.

What do you mean? You think playing players who are not the best players to help you win is a problem? Hmm.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:47 PM Post
I'd like to know what the average length of start is for our starters in June, or for the year for that matter.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:49 PM Post
Young Ace? Now you’re the one who’s talking crazy. He had a great 2017 but Nelson has a career ERA over 4, a career whip over 1.30, a career FIP over 4 and had just enough service time to start getting expensive when he was injured. Not bad, but outside of 2017 he was text book mediocre.

He also tore both his rotator cuff and labrum.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:51 PM Post
treego14 said:
Oh my ... I wish you would read my posts more carefully ... [laughing]

I've seen SOOO many of your posts, I read it carefully. If they do the things you want them to do they'll be fine, yeah, I get it. What happens when Hiura struggles up here? Which WILL happen. He struck out in 1/3rd of his PA's and that's when he was doing well. I mean, I already know, you'll say he's overrated and to trade him before his stock drops, so it's a hypothetical.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:52 PM Post
I’m perfectly fine with an aguilar DFA at this time. Good lord

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:54 PM Post
HiAndTight said:
adambr2 said:

I don't think he's special, but I do think his current struggles are being exaggerated. He's hammered some balls to straightaway center that have been right at guys. He's already a streaky hitter, then you add in some bad luck and sure, he'll look bad. I don't think his defense is overrated, but I think that's more a matter of opinion now because I just don't trust most defensive metrics on IF'ers anymore with the shifting.

If you want to bring up Dubon, he's hot, that'd be fine. Saladino you know what you have and it's not much. But two main things. 1-I am realizing why I don't post in IGT's, the reactionary stuff is absurd(not referring to you, just the whole, "we're down 3-0, the sky is falling" stuff and then my reason for not wanting to send him down, I don't think he's really earned a demotion at this point. He's had a really bad June, but he's also had a .163 BABIP and it's not like he's striking out 40 pct of the time.

I'm on board with sending Shaw down. I don't know that sending Arcia down accomplishes anything. He's a glove first defensive SS with a .680 OPS after a really bad month. And with that, I'm gonna just leave the IGT. It's too reactionary/sky is falling as I said. I get as annoyed with all the bashing of the Brewers organization and what Stearns should have done type hindsight as I do with the Brewers struggling.

I get annoyed by all the fans burying their heads in the sand. Even the night the brewers lost to the Marlins 16-0 guys are on here saying why so negative? How can you RIP this team? When they play bad it's fair game. When they play well give them props. Fan is short for fanatic but it doesn't mean blind fanatic. Call like you see it should be everyone's motto.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 20, 2019, 7:55 PM Post
Random stats
Brett Phillips batting 220 in 60 games for AAA club
Luis Ortiz has a 10.80 era for mlb team, 7.00 for AAA club

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 112 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply