LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-7 -- 5th loss in a row, but Yelich and Moustakas each hit more dingers]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1044
Are we nearing an overhaul where Chase, Nelson, Perez, Aguilar, Shaw, Pina, and Claudio get demoted or let go?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3255
Location: California
nate82 said:
Warning Track Power said:
Ok so your thought is that the players were simply not that good to begin with? As Cincinnati has gone on to become one of the best staffs in baseball since Johnson’s arrival. Or as Aguilar and Shaw have become lesser hitters than Woodruff. There’s only one difference.


No, this is exactly the same team from last year with all of the same flaws just without a good bullpen to mask the starting pitching problem.

The Brewers offense is about as good as it was last year maybe a bit better with the addition of Grandal. Losing Coles has had no impact on the Brewers offense. Though some on here had the opinion of losing Cole and replacing him with anyone would improve the Brewers offense. Reality is that Aguilar, Shaw and others are the same players as they were last year no difference.

We obviously have a difference of opinion there. I think the stats back my opinion


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4309
Bulldogboy said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
Bulldogboy said:
True but we still don't have an explanation for why the braves and cubs were able to find a way to bring in the two free agent arms that were available for cash. That was a mistake


the explanation is the Braves and Cubs have more resources than the Brewers. I know that's not an explanation people want to hear, but that's the explanation.

It is amazing to me how quick Brewer fans are to bail out management by saying they don't have any money, you can't expect them to compete with the Atlanta Braves!! We are a small market team. Draft and develop. Man, I want to own a team in a market where the fans are like we just can't afford anybody. It's unbelievable.


What always been more amazing to me actually is how people act like singing someone like Kimbrel is like flicking on light switch and purely a matter of will. Like if you really want him, you can just get him and nobody else is trying to do it.

I'm not directing this at you, but I'm frankly exhausted of the Mark A is a cheapo vs. Milwaukee is small debate. Just totally exhausted and bored by it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
Posts: 977
Sports is supposed to be fair. They don't raise the hoop for certain teams. They don't make the bases farther apart for certain teams. They don't make some teams have to get 20 yards each time for a first down. The strike zone is the same size for each team.

But when it comes to the ability to acquire "stars" or retain "stars," all of a sudden the MLB plays by different rules for certain teams.

Not cool! Not fair! That's not the ethics of true sports and competition!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:40 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Bulldogboy said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
Bulldogboy said:
True but we still don't have an explanation for why the braves and cubs were able to find a way to bring in the two free agent arms that were available for cash. That was a mistake


the explanation is the Braves and Cubs have more resources than the Brewers. I know that's not an explanation people want to hear, but that's the explanation.

It is amazing to me how quick Brewer fans are to bail out management by saying they don't have any money, you can't expect them to compete with the Atlanta Braves!! We are a small market team. Draft and develop. Man, I want to own a team in a market where the fans are like we just can't afford anybody. It's unbelievable.


We’ve been bad at draft and develop for a long time. That’s the issue. We’re doing just fine adding supplemental free agents- although one who pitches might have been nice this year (outside of a basically free Gonzalez)

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:42 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4309
treego14 said:
Sports is supposed to be fair. They don't raise the hoop for certain teams. They don't make the bases farther apart for certain teams. They don't make some teams have to get 20 yards each time for a first down. The strike zone is the same size for each team.

But when it comes to the ability to acquire "stars" or retain "stars," all of a sudden the MLB plays by different rules for certain teams.

Not cool! Not fair! That's not the ethics of true sports and competition!


In a sport where the field is literally a different size in every stadium I'm not sure this is strongest argument.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2449
If the divide between the rich and poor was really that severe, why didn’t a couple of rich teams sign Kimbrel and Kuechel to dumb contracts before the beginning of the season?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4309
phnxcrew said:

We’ve been bad at draft and develop for a long time. That’s the issue. We’re doing just fine adding supplemental free agents- although one who pitches might have been nice this year (outside of a basically free Gonzalez)


This is just it, but it requires more than a knee jerk reaction so nobody really brings it up. Our problem is Corbin Burnes and Jimmy Nelson, it's not Yasmani Grandal.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
Posts: 977
OldSchoolSnapper said:
treego14 said:
Sports is supposed to be fair. They don't raise the hoop for certain teams. They don't make the bases farther apart for certain teams. They don't make some teams have to get 20 yards each time for a first down. The strike zone is the same size for each team.

But when it comes to the ability to acquire "stars" or retain "stars," all of a sudden the MLB plays by different rules for certain teams.

Not cool! Not fair! That's not the ethics of true sports and competition!


In a sport where the field is literally a different size in every stadium I'm not sure this is strongest argument.


Oh, good grief! Both teams in a game play on that same field! You will have to do better than that! [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 987
Bulldogboy said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
Bulldogboy said:
True but we still don't have an explanation for why the braves and cubs were able to find a way to bring in the two free agent arms that were available for cash. That was a mistake


the explanation is the Braves and Cubs have more resources than the Brewers. I know that's not an explanation people want to hear, but that's the explanation.

It is amazing to me how quick Brewer fans are to bail out management by saying they don't have any money, you can't expect them to compete with the Atlanta Braves!! We are a small market team. Draft and develop. Man, I want to own a team in a market where the fans are like we just can't afford anybody. It's unbelievable.


It’s not that they can’t afford anyone, it’s that their margin of error is so much smaller. They can’t swing and miss on huge contracts like Jason Hayward, Yu Darvish, and Tyler Chatwood...then go sign Craig Kimbrel anyway.

The Brewers absolutely can afford anyone. They just absolutely can’t afford to miss on them.

I am not Shea Vucinich


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:45 PM Post
Posts: 18985
NYChez said:
Are we nearing an overhaul where Chase, Nelson, Perez, Aguilar, Shaw, Pina, and Claudio get demoted or let go?


Chase: No. Maybe to the pen

Nelson: I've beaten this to death but they really screwed up not optioning him earlier and now they can't. They are in a tough spot with him but he's not getting let go. Maybe to the pen

Perez: No. Not a very good player but versatility and all that. All paid for for 2019 anyway.

Aguilar: Maybe

Shaw: Should be in AAA like 10 years ago

Pina: No

Claudio: Could be optioned but any other option to bring up has sucked equally.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:46 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4309
Really? Which team plays 81 games in Miller Park besides the Brewers? Half the league doesn't bat pitchers. I'm with whoever said they don't want a cap. Small teams have won consistently. We have to be better.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:46 PM Post
Posts: 283
This team has so many guys who have no business being on a Major League roster at the moment- Shaw, Aguilar, Burnes, Claudio, Nelson, Peralta.. The sad part is most of them were expected to be key cogs this year and in the future.

What a disaster.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4309
buckybrewer232 said:
This team has so many guys who have no business being on a Major League roster at the moment- Shaw, Aguilar, Burnes, Claudio, Nelson, Peralta.. The sad part is most of them were expected to be key cogs this year and in the future.

What a disaster.


Hard to argue with any of that.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
Posts: 18985
It doesn't really matter if we want a cap or not, it's never coming.

We've made a lot of strides in improving competitive balance over the years. Revenue sharing. The 6 years of club control is huge for small markets. The addition of the international spending cap was huge, and the competitive balance draft has helped.

Hopefully the new CBA doesn't set us back.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
Posts: 5116
Location: New Berlin, WI
OldSchoolSnapper said:
buckybrewer232 said:
This team has so many guys who have no business being on a Major League roster at the moment- Shaw, Aguilar, Burnes, Claudio, Nelson, Peralta.. The sad part is most of them were expected to be key cogs this year and in the future.

What a disaster.


Hard to argue with any of that.


I'll agree as well, but keyword is at the moment. I would actually be in favor of moving pretty much every one of those guys off the active roster and to the minors immediately(aguilar DFA). We do have alternatives. I don't think you can do it all at once, but this team can be made better immediately just by giving some other guys a chance.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
Posts: 977
bucks2281 said:
If the divide between the rich and poor was really that severe, why didn’t a couple of rich teams sign Kimbrel and Kuechel to dumb contracts before the beginning of the season?

Bye bye CC Sabathia!
Bye bye Prince Fielder!
Bye bye Zack Greinke!

Catch lightning in a bottle or forget it ... if you're small-market. Royals caught lightning in a bottle for two years and those two years have been surrounded by many years of miserable teams.

Same is true with the Brewers ... same is true of many similar-sized-market teams ... meanwhile, the Cubs, Yankees, Astros, Red Sox, Dodgers can ride the wave for very long periods because they can retain and acquire "stars" so much more easily. Anybody and everybody who knows anything about the MLB knows this. Some of gotten so used to it, they simply accept it, but it's not fair.

In some way the small-market teams are a sort of minor-league developmental system for the big-market teams to acquire their stars when they become too expensive.

It's a joke! A bad joke! Ask Bud Selig! In his heart, he knows this is true!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:51 PM Post
Posts: 18985
You have to take a shot with Grandal here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:52 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6522
So they have a little life. I’ll take my chances with Grandal taking a shot at a big fly.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:53 PM Post
Posts: 18985
What a joke of a 1-0 strike call.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test