LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-7 -- 5th loss in a row, but Yelich and Moustakas each hit more dingers]

Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
Frustrating that this should be a 3-0 pitch to Grandal. That was a rough call on the high strike.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:55 PM Post
The problem as I see it is allocation of resources. The Brewers need better payroll balance between the pitching staff and the hitting side. I don't know where the Brewers rank but they have to have a very low percentage of it's payroll on the pitching side of things. This would be interesting to see. You get what you pay for and the Brewers don't seem to be spending a ton of the 118 million on the pitching side of things.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:55 PM Post
Grandal should have walked on 4 pitches with us having the go ahead run coming up. Again, a run costing call by the "human element".

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:56 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Frustrating that this should be a 3-0 pitch to Grandal. That was a rough call on the high strike.

Not even really close.

Attachment:
Screenshot_20190621-225550_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20190621-225550_Chrome.jpg [ 110.2 KiB | Viewed 389 times ]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:57 PM Post
In the moment, I was thinking Grandal should take 3-1 no matter what...then I remembered Aguilar was due up next. I'm good with taking a hack there. But agreed...should have been a 4 pitch walk. Amazing what a difference one bad call can make...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:58 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
In the moment, I was thinking Grandal should take 3-1 no matter what...then I remembered Aguilar was due up next. I'm good with taking a hack there. But agreed...should have been a 4 pitch walk. Amazing what a difference one bad call can make...

Just like the missed strike 3 on Winker. These guys affect the outcome all the time, because they are terrible at it. Oh well. The Brewers havent pitched well enough to win today anyways.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
KeithStone53151 said:

Just like the missed strike 3 on Winker. These guys affect the outcome all the time, because they are terrible at it. Oh well. The Brewers havent pitched well enough to win today anyways.

Amazing how 2 ball/strike calls being correct is the difference in this game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
NYChez said:
Are we nearing an overhaul where Chase, Nelson, Perez, Aguilar, Shaw, Pina, and Claudio get demoted or let go?

Chase: No. Maybe to the pen

Nelson: I've beaten this to death but they really screwed up not optioning him earlier and now they can't. They are in a tough spot with him but he's not getting let go. Maybe to the pen

Perez: No. Not a very good player but versatility and all that. All paid for for 2019 anyway.

Aguilar: Maybe

Shaw: Should be in AAA like 10 years ago

Pina: No

Claudio: Could be optioned but any other option to bring up has sucked equally.

One of the roster construction hallmarks the Brewers were accused of practicing during the Doug Melvin era was a “Stars and Scrubs” approach (2013 Brewers Stars and Scrubs Article Link). I didn’t always think it was fair, but it was also tough to argue at times.

I don’t think it would be an accurate assessment of the current roster building approach, but based on the fact so many players have really dropped off while a small handful have shined brightly this roster has very much taken on the look of a Stars and Scrubs club.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:01 PM Post
So another missed run for Milw and I have at least 2 accountable for Cincy only checking two of the innings they scored. It'd be 9-8 bases loaded for Aguilar at minimum

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:02 PM Post
Yelich will be due up 5th this inning. If we can get him an atbat, he may have a chance to tie the game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:03 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
The problem as I see it is allocation of resources. The Brewers need better payroll balance between the pitching staff and the hitting side. I don't know where the Brewers rank but they have to have a very low percentage of it's payroll on the pitching side of things. This would be interesting to see. You get what you pay for and the Brewers don't seem to be spending a ton of the 118 million on the pitching side of things.

It’s not as simple as you get what you pay for. Josh Hader is barely making $1M over the past two seasons. Total.

The Brewers, and many others here, felt they had a number of young, cheap pitchers that they expected would be key contributors, so felt their money was better spent elsewhere. And that money was quite well spent, on 2 of the best 4 players on this team (Moose/Grandal). But the pitchers simply haven’t produced anywhere near expectations.

I am not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:05 PM Post
Sometimes I really wonder what we are even arguing.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Yeah, it's close to bedtime! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:09 PM Post
Brew4U said:

But you also have probably been drunk since the 4th and grabbed 2 more just before they cut off sales in the 7th!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:13 PM Post
For all of the Johnson envy going on tonight, his coaching has really come up short in the last 3 innings.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
For all of the Johnson envy going on tonight, his coaching has really come up short in the last 3 innings.

I think he just felt sorry for his ol’ ball club.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:15 PM Post
Oxy said:

I knew someone would go there. [rolling eyes]

No one was touting DJ based on a 1 game sample size.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:19 PM Post
treego14 said:
TexasCheesehead said:
I say we convince Dave Duncan to come out of retirement and take over as our pitching coach. One can dream.

How about Jeff Suppan
or Ben Sheets
or Dave Bush
or Graeme Lloyd
or Pete Ladd
or Rollie Fingers
or Chris Bosio
or Jerry Augustine
or Craig Coshun?

As I've previously mentioned, one of my best friends, Brett, knows Rollie. He coached his 12 year old daughter's softball team year before last. Maybe I should call him, and ask to see if Rollie would be interested in the job.

Then again, I doubt Rollie would be happy working with a less talented staff.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:22 PM Post
Yellich is OPSing 1.201 with a .349 AVG, 29 home runs, 62 RBI and has swiped 17 bases in 18 tries.

In not even a half season. My God.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:22 PM Post
The 'stache said:
treego14 said:
TexasCheesehead said:
I say we convince Dave Duncan to come out of retirement and take over as our pitching coach. One can dream.

How about Jeff Suppan
or Ben Sheets
or Dave Bush
or Graeme Lloyd
or Pete Ladd
or Rollie Fingers
or Chris Bosio
or Jerry Augustine
or Craig Coshun?

As I've previously mentioned, one of my best friends, Brett, knows Rollie. He coached his 12 year old daughter's softball team year before last. Maybe I should call him, and ask to see if Rollie would be interested in the job.

Then again, I doubt Rollie would be happy working with a less talented staff.

I would call Brett tomorrow! Maybe Rollie could be the bullpen coach if CC is hooked on Hook, yet. I would like to see all the Brewers pitchers adopt the handlebar mustache in the meantime. It could be the kind of group therapy thing that would get them all going!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply