LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-7 -- 5th loss in a row, but Yelich and Moustakas each hit more dingers]

Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 21, 2019, 10:23 PM Post

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 22, 2019, 5:39 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:
For all of the Johnson envy going on tonight, his coaching has really come up short in the last 3 innings.

I knew someone would go there. [rolling eyes]

No one was touting DJ based on a 1 game sample size.

But less than half a season is appropriate?

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 22, 2019, 5:59 AM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
adambr2 said:
Oxy said:
For all of the Johnson envy going on tonight, his coaching has really come up short in the last 3 innings.

I knew someone would go there. [rolling eyes]

No one was touting DJ based on a 1 game sample size.

But less than half a season is appropriate?

What about his 2 seasons with the Brewers?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:23 AM Post
Oxy said:
I hope we get a nice 12 run lead so we can plunk Dietrich with confidence.

It almost seems like those guys are coached to throw their elbows out and get plunked...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
Eye Black said:
I mean just put Perez in for Shaw already. It doesn’t take a hitting expert to see how poorly his hand-eye coordination is on his swings right now.

Edit: Thank you.

Right about now I'm not all that crazy about watching Perez at the plate either...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:30 AM Post
adambr2 said:

Fall guys happen when an entire unit isn't getting the job done. You think Dom Capers was 100% of the reason the Packer' defense couldn't stop anyone for years? Just the way professional sports is. You can't go out and replace an entire pitching corps.

True, but I'll take one decent starter instead right about now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:35 AM Post
nate82 said:
Warning Track Power said:
Ok so your thought is that the players were simply not that good to begin with? As Cincinnati has gone on to become one of the best staffs in baseball since Johnson’s arrival. Or as Aguilar and Shaw have become lesser hitters than Woodruff. There’s only one difference.

No, this is exactly the same team from last year with all of the same flaws just without a good bullpen to mask the starting pitching problem.

The Brewers offense is about as good as it was last year maybe a bit better with the addition of Grandal. Losing Coles has had no impact on the Brewers offense. Though some on here had the opinion of losing Cole and replacing him with anyone would improve the Brewers offense. Reality is that Aguilar, Shaw and others are the same players as they were last year no difference.

This offense might be the same save Grandal but Shaw and Aguilar both are lost at the plate and show no signs of breaking out any time soon. [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:38 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Maybe it's the fan in me but I still have this feeling the Brewers have a 15-5 stretch in them at some point this season. I just see to much talent and an inability to hit their stride. Sometimes that occurs for an entire season. But I still have hope they can get this thing going.

We did have a really bad stretch like this last year before the All Star Break. It just feels like we'll never win another game with the way things are going right now. [ohwell]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:41 AM Post
treego14 said:
Sports is supposed to be fair. They don't raise the hoop for certain teams. They don't make the bases farther apart for certain teams. They don't make some teams have to get 20 yards each time for a first down. The strike zone is the same size for each team.

But when it comes to the ability to acquire "stars" or retain "stars," all of a sudden the MLB plays by different rules for certain teams.

Not cool! Not fair! That's not the ethics of true sports and competition!

I agree with everything you said except the strike zone. Every ump has his own 'strike zone' and not every ball park's dimensions outside of the diamond are the same.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2019, 7:43 AM Post
treego14 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
treego14 said:
Sports is supposed to be fair. They don't raise the hoop for certain teams. They don't make the bases farther apart for certain teams. They don't make some teams have to get 20 yards each time for a first down. The strike zone is the same size for each team.

But when it comes to the ability to acquire "stars" or retain "stars," all of a sudden the MLB plays by different rules for certain teams.

Not cool! Not fair! That's not the ethics of true sports and competition!

In a sport where the field is literally a different size in every stadium I'm not sure this is strongest argument.

Oh, good grief! Both teams in a game play on that same field! You will have to do better than that! [laughing]

Wrigley Field and Petco Park are the same? [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-21: Reds (Gray) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 11-7 -- 5th loss in a row, but Yelich and Moustakas each hit more dingers]
Posted: June 22, 2019, 9:48 AM Post
I wish we could play a game at the Polo Grounds.

"Yelich....lazy pop up to right. And it's gone."

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 251 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply