LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 224 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-26: Mariners (Carasiti) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 4-2]

Offline  Re: 2019-06-26: Mariners (Carasiti) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 27, 2019, 7:03 AM Post
Bulldogboy said:
The shame of this collapse is the Cubs are still in neutral and so are the Cards. Brewers with component roster management and a couple of decent arms could be putting some distance between themselves.

Cubs fans must be echoing this right now too. IMO we are damn lucky the rest of the division is slumping or we'd be in real trouble. This cannot continue the rest of the season even tho it feels like we'll never win another game. This offense shouldn't be struggling to score. It isn't helping that our best player can't find a hit in 2 games for the first time this season either. [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-26: Mariners (Carasiti) at Brewers (Houser) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 27, 2019, 7:17 AM Post
turborickey said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Eye Black said:
Please excuse me while I beat a dead horse for a moment...

This is exactly the type of night where having Hiura’s right-handed power bat in the lineup, even somewhere in the #5-#7 spots, would be very helpful. LHP Wade LeBlanc went 5 innings, and now they are going to face the Mariners closer, LHP Roenis Elías for 2 innings. The bottom half of the Brewers order isn’t intimidating whatsoever and they only have lefty hitters on the bench.

I fear opponents are going to continue adjusting their staffs to trot out every lefty they can find as long as the Brewers keep up with this odd roster construction. I may not have agreed with every roster move this team has made over the last couple years, but most can be easily explained. Keeping Hiura in the minors simply cannot.

It's all about placating Shaw.

The blind loyalty to a guy who was good the past two years is sickening. I don't think anyone wants to give up on Shaw entirely, but he needs to go down to AAA, figure some things out, and then and only then should he be allowed to come back up. I highly doubt Shaw's career is over, but he does need to figure things out, and the stubbornness that DS and company are showing in this particular situation is maddening.

Is it really just Shaw tho? Last year Aguilar was an All-Star and now he's a liability who has no clue what he doing at the plate. Cain's hand is killing him so he can't hit either. Hopefully the treatment he received in CA will help. All of these hitting issues must be contagious because even Yelich is striking out lately.

Our starting pitching is a mess right now. We were counting on Peralta, Burnes and eventually Nelson to be in the rotation but all 3 of them lost their starting jobs and are now in the pen. Chacin isn't the same guy as last year and Davies has looked bad the past couple of outings. Anderson has been no better. The only guy worth a damn right now is Woody.

Yes, Shaw is struggling but the issues go much deeper than just one player. [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-26: Mariners (Carasiti) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
Posted: June 27, 2019, 9:13 AM Post
but Shaw has options left, he can go down and it won't hurt us, in fact, replacing him with Hiura will only make us better.

There is nothing we can do about Jesus but either dump him, trade him, or live with his uselessness.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-26: Mariners (Carasiti) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers lose, 4-2]
Posted: June 27, 2019, 10:17 AM Post
turborickey said:
but Shaw has options left, he can go down and it won't hurt us, in fact, replacing him with Hiura will only make us better.

There is nothing we can do about Jesus but either dump him, trade him, or live with his uselessness.

I agree, Shaw should be replaced by Hiura and sent down to AAA to figure out what is wrong with him right now. I can't see anyone trading for Jesus so our options there are pretty darn limited. [sad]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  [ 224 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply