LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9697
Thames again gave this team a boost and maybe he will see the most time @1b.
Pina proved his worth with his defense and same with Ben today.Big game also from Albers who has been very good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
Posts: 636
Location: Wisconsin
brewmann04 said:
Thames again gave this team a boost and maybe he will see the most time @1b.
Pina proved his worth with his defense and same with Ben today.Big game also from Albers who has been very good.


Facing four righties against the Reds I think it’s safe to say he’ll be starting the next 4 days in a park where he has had success.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2213
mtrebs said:
I always find it interesting that people base record or ranking with how well a team is. True, the Brewers are only a game back and are a few games over .500, but this team has been awful the last few weeks. Nothing is really going well and they are fortunate to be in their position at this point. They are by no means playing like a contending team.


The Brewers currently are one of the top 5 teams in the NL, if they finish the season in the same position maybe we can petition the league to let a team that looks more contender-y to take our postseason spot.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:16 PM Post
Posts: 494
Nice to see a few decent starts in a row.
Keep it rolling.

Now need to fix the 6 for 45 with RISP


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:44 PM Post
Posts: 414
sveumrules said:
mtrebs said:
I always find it interesting that people base record or ranking with how well a team is. True, the Brewers are only a game back and are a few games over .500, but this team has been awful the last few weeks. Nothing is really going well and they are fortunate to be in their position at this point. They are by no means playing like a contending team.


The Brewers currently are one of the top 5 teams in the NL, if they finish the season in the same position maybe we can petition the league to let a team that looks more contender-y to take our postseason spot.


Snide remarks aside. If the brewers continue down this path they won’t be. Other than that is blind optimism or typical I told you so message board BS

The brewers won’t make the playoffs with a negative run differential. Period. The cubs outlook going forward is considerably better than the brewers. Trade deadlines change that though

When the brewers made it through the first two months gauntlet in good shape I really liked their chances and then they went on to completely crap the bed this month against the dregs of baseball. With the cubs struggling they will probably rue the chance to build up a lead. July is a big month for them. They continue to play under .500 teams. If they screw around then I think it’s over

The brewers are conundrum going forward. I could easily see moose, Yelich and Grandal not performing as well. Davies too. Thames could fall off a cliff like he’s done in the past

But maybe hiura in for Shaw and Aguilar will help. Maybe chacin will get better. I wonder what people’s opinions on that will be. I bet it’s all over the board

But I don’t think it’s out of line that people are pessimistic about the brewers chances at all. That being said the cubs have kept us in it. Because if we were in any other division we’d be 8-9-10 games back already. But we still got a chance.

The brewers need to get their act together. It isn’t all candy canes and unicorns at Miller park


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12114
Location: Milwaukee, WI
The Brewers win to push back into first place and this is the discussion? My god people. Ridiculous.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 5:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1830
I'm curious but what is the difference in table position between overperforming against good teams and underperforming against bad teams, versus the opposite? Seems like we'd be right where we are, no?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 6:04 PM Post
Posts: 414
bigredrobbo said:
I'm curious but what is the difference in table position between overperforming against good teams and underperforming against bad teams, versus the opposite? Seems like we'd be right where we are, no?



Yep. That’s pretty much it


That’s why personally I can’t tell if the brewers are a playoff team or not yet

Last year I could tell the brewers were good. This year not so much. But I wouldn’t give up on them yet

July will be a big month for them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 30, 2019, 6:18 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1375
Brew crew 92 said:
markedman5 said:
So who else can we bring up to cure the ailing offense?


Freitas
Grisham
Dubon


Freitas intrigues me. The numbers are so ridiculous over 200 ABs that it's difficult to see him being a sub-.600 OPS player like his (smaller) MLB career to date. The bonus there is he's able to be a replacement for Aguilar and Pina, giving a bonus roster spot for someone else.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 6:26 PM Post
Posts: 10836
162 games there are ups and downs. Some you play like a 100 win team and some a 100 loss team

Shocking, I know.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: June 30, 2019, 6:30 PM Post
Posts: 1989
folly412 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
markedman5 said:
So who else can we bring up to cure the ailing offense?


Freitas
Grisham
Dubon


Freitas intrigues me. The numbers are so ridiculous over 200 ABs that it's difficult to see him being a sub-.600 OPS player like his (smaller) MLB career to date. The bonus there is he's able to be a replacement for Aguilar and Pina, giving a bonus roster spot for someone else.


Exactly.
He’s a good D catcher, that can hit better than Pina. But Stearns preserves his Organizational depth to the detriment of the 25, imo.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 7:38 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7343
I didn't watch the game as I was camping all weekend. Checked the score and saw that they won, and was happy. Then I read the IGT from the game today, and got depressed ...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-06-30: Pirates (Brault) at Brewers (Davies) [Brewers win, 2-1 -- Thames HR in 8th inning breaks the tie and proves the difference]
Posted: June 30, 2019, 8:15 PM Post
Posts: 3573
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I didn't watch the game as I was camping all weekend. Checked the score and saw that they won, and was happy. Then I read the IGT from the game today, and got depressed ...



I stopped reading in game threads. I watched the game, they looked alright. Still a bit sluggish, but they were hitting into some hard outs and Davies pitches well. It's a step back to where they were.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pitchleague and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test