LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 248 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-01: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) [Brewers win, 8-6 -- After just one hit through 6 innings the Brewers bat around in a 5-run 7th inning]

Offline  Re: 2019-07-01: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: July 01, 2019, 9:52 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
sveumrules said:
Bulldogboy said:
Obviously? Because you say so?? Again the fact that you don't agree doesn't make the other point of view wrong but I think you know that since I have to correct you just about every day.

Not because anyone says so, because the objective data seems to support Hader not being overused based on his ranks relative to other relievers in appearances/IP & the rarity with which he throws on consecutive days.

I do not disagree with what the stats say but I do believe that if no moves are made and the stress level of the second half continues to grow the chances of having to push Hader to a level that may wear on him increase. Does anyone not agree that the Brewers need an additional high leverage option or we all good with a closer pitching twice a week and winging it the rest of the week??

I’m confused... didn’t he literally open his post with “I also don't disagree that they could use another back end arm.”? And don’t the stats back up that the overuse/misuse narrative is false?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-01: Brewers (Houser) at Reds (Mahle) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: July 01, 2019, 9:56 PM Post
willie key said:
People really love Corbin

He should be starting. He should be a second closer. He should be only a high leverage guy

Man. I don’t know yet about him. He needs to just put some decent appearances together.

Considering how rare it is that this team drafts and develops high-end arms, I get the excitement. Burnes has everything you're looking for in a big league starter. If he can continue looking as good as he did tonight, it won't be long before he's pitching very high leverage innings again. But I agree that he needs to string together at least a few weeks of good outings before he's handed a huge pen role.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 01, 2019, 9:58 PM Post
areacodes said:
I’m confused... didn’t he literally open his post with “I also don't disagree that they could use another back end arm.”? And don’t the stats back up that the overuse/misuse narrative is false?

It's ok ... he was just getting in his daily correction [rolling eyes]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 01, 2019, 10:01 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
areacodes said:

wasn't my post but you already know you are wrong again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 01, 2019, 10:09 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
areacodes said:

wasn't my post but you already know you are wrong again.

LOL what? What am I wrong about? I literally agreed fully with you that this team can use another pen arm. I disagreed on your idea that Hader is being overused, and that was backed by numbers and several other posters. Others are seeing through your crap here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 01, 2019, 11:25 PM Post
willie key said:
Btw. Brewers were a rare underdog tonight. Only slightly

Favorites with my guy. -115

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 02, 2019, 6:58 AM Post
jjfanec said:
I miss knebel

Me too. It would be nice if we had him to use when Hader is unavailable. Josh didn't have his best stuff last night but fortunately we scored enough to cover that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 02, 2019, 7:07 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:
I do not disagree with what the stats say but I do believe that if no moves are made and the stress level of the second half continues to grow the chances of having to push Hader to a level that may wear on him increase. Does anyone not agree that the Brewers need an additional high leverage option or we all good with a closer pitching twice a week and winging it the rest of the week??

That wasn't the part of your post that people were calling you on. I think most every fan here sees a need in the pen. I'm sure there is an urge at times to use Hader more often, but I give them credit to sticking to the plan regarding his usage. The Brewers really haven't done anything wrong Hader-wise, and after almost two full seasons of use, I doubt they are suddenly going to start misusing him now.

It wouldn't hurt to have another starter either.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  [ 248 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply