LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 160 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Chacín provides quality start; offense strikes out 13 times]

Online  Re: 2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Chacín provides quality start; offense strikes out 13 times]
Posted: July 03, 2019, 8:37 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
willie key said:
Eye Black said:
Blown save for Kimbrel with the Pirates still batting in the bottom of the 9th inning. Runners at the corners, one out.

Lol at kimbrel. This would be so great if he stinks for three years

That blown save falls on the Cubs defense. I just tuned in in the 9th inning and have no idea why Contreras was playing right field. But he butchered a simple fly ball that should have been the second out but instead put runners on second and third. Then the second baseman threw home trying to cut down the tying run at the plate and the winning run scored on a sac fly. So, Kimbrel gave up a walk and got 4 outs but it wasn’t good enough.

I think he started in the outfield

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Chacín provides quality start; offense strikes out 13 times]
Posted: July 03, 2019, 8:38 PM Post
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
willie key said:
Eye Black said:
Blown save for Kimbrel with the Pirates still batting in the bottom of the 9th inning. Runners at the corners, one out.

Lol at kimbrel. This would be so great if he stinks for three years

That blown save falls on the Cubs defense. I just tuned in in the 9th inning and have no idea why Contreras was playing right field. But he butchered a simple fly ball that should have been the second out but instead put runners on second and third. Then the second baseman threw home trying to cut down the tying run at the plate and the winning run scored on a sac fly. So, Kimbrel gave up a walk and got 4 outs but it wasn’t good enough.

Kimbrel walked the second batter of the inning and the ball Contreras didn’t get had a 40% catch probability according to Statcast. He got to the ball and probably should have caught it, but it wasn’t a routine catch for where the outfield was positioned.

Kimbrel also got away with a 94-mph center cut fastball to Diaz. Either way, Kimbrel has looked a little more hittable in his first few outings.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Chacín provides quality start; offense strikes out 13 times]
Posted: July 03, 2019, 8:42 PM Post
This is what frustrates me so badly...if the Brewers were playing even .500 ball lately, they would have a commanding lead in the division right now.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) [Brewers lose, 3-0 -- Chacín provides quality start; offense strikes out 13 times]
Posted: July 03, 2019, 8:45 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
This is what frustrates me so badly...if the Brewers were playing even .500 ball lately, they would have a commanding lead in the division right now.

If they screw around this month around .500 again than I don’t like their chances at all

And that’s with everyone else being horrible

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 8:46 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

They're 6-5 in their last 11.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

[laughing] this was good.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:03 PM Post
Why are we scoreboard watching in the first week of July? And why is it the Cubs we're watching? Right now I'd be more worried about the Cards and Reds.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
PinaMadness said:
Why are we scoreboard watching in the first week of July? And why is it the Cubs we're watching? Right now I'd be more worried about the Cards and Reds.

I enjoy watching baseball. Especially the late innings of close games.

Also, regardless of where the Brewers are in the standings I always find a heartbreaking Cubs loss therapeutic.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
PinaMadness said:

Uh, because as we all have learned from a year ago, all games matter.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:12 PM Post
PinaMadness said:

It’s not a matter of being worried about the Cubs. It’s a matter of enjoying watching them lose.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

And 7-12 in their last 19, all of which have been against teams with losing records. Anyone who would have said before this stretch of games that the Brewers would go 10-9 would have been branded a hopeless pessimist. But just 10-9 would give them a 4 game lead over the Cubs and a nice cushion over the rest of the division.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

And 7-12 in their last 19, all of which have been against teams with losing records. Anyone who would have said before this stretch of games that the Brewers would go 10-9 would have been branded a hopeless pessimist. But just 10-9 would give them a 4 game lead over the Cubs and a nice cushion over the rest of the division.

Not the point I was making but okay.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
trwi7 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

+1000, exactly my point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 9:43 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
+1000, exactly my point.

No it wasn't. You said "if they were playing even .500 ball lately" and I would say 11 games qualifies as "lately", they would have a commanding lead in the division. That's clearly not true because they have been playing .500 ball lately and do not have a commanding lead in the division.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-03: Brewers (Chacín) at Reds (Gray) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: July 03, 2019, 10:30 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
I can't believe Counsell trotted this crap lineup out there. Yelich and Grandal need breaks, i get it, but both in the same game?? That's just dumb. They better get to Gray next inning, or it's Garrett and Iglesias and goodnight.

I too don't understand why Counsell had both of them out of the lineup. And it was dumb of CC to have Chacin - who pitched a nice game - come out in the 7th with almost 100 pitches already. smh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 10:37 PM Post
Eye Black said:
Pirates walk-off Kimbrel!!! Cubs lose.

Good. [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 03, 2019, 11:23 PM Post
Its time to worry about the Brewers and not worry about the Cubs . The Brewers have some big issues the crazy amount of K'S is very concerning. Getting shut out in that band box is really frustrating.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 04, 2019, 5:56 AM Post
brewmann04 said:
Its time to worry about the Brewers and not worry about the Cubs . The Brewers have some big issues the crazy amount of K'S is very concerning. Getting shut out in that band box is really frustrating.

Frustrating Yes, but did you really think they’d score with that lineup?

How can Stearns watch this game and not know this offense needs lots of help. Yelich is a great hitter but not the 30 war offensive hitter he’d need to be to overcome this offense.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 04, 2019, 6:55 AM Post
brewmann04 said:

How is this year any different than last? Last season we struck out 1458 times as a team. As a comparison last year the Cubs struck out 785 times and the Cards 711 but we ended up winning the division. For some reason CC doesn't seem to wring his hands over this but it sure is frustrating to watch as a fan...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 04, 2019, 6:57 AM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
brewmann04 said:

Frustrating Yes, but did you really think they’d score with that lineup?

How can Stearns watch this game and not know this offense needs lots of help. Yelich is a great hitter but not the 30 war offensive hitter he’d need to be to overcome this offense.

I understand Yelich needs days off but it was foolish for CC to also have Grandal sit and expect this bunch to score any runs. [tongue]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 160 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply