LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next  [ 369 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 7-6 in 10 innings -- Bullpen blows 5-run lead in the 9th, offense answers in the 10th]

Author Message
Online  2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 7-6 in 10 innings -- Bullpen blows 5-run lead in the 9th, offense answers in the 10th]
#1

Posted: July 05, 2019, 6:07 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5930
Image
Image


Zach Davies: Batter (Pirates) vs Pitching Stats

Steven Brault: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#2

Posted: July 05, 2019, 7:43 AM Post
Posts: 1978
Is there anyone else sick of the unbalanced schedule? Facing the Pirates what, 13 times in the last month and a half is ridiculous. I could do without the cubbies in MP 8 or 9 times a year. It gets old, same teams, same starters. I could do without watching Hurdle destroy his jaw, chomping on that gum, over and over again. Besides, just it being more fair and balanced, it would be less monotonous, like it used to be, when the schedule was balanced.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#3

Posted: July 05, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
Posts: 398
I wish we played the pirates 162 games. It’s the only team we can beat

And the only reason our head is above water at this point.

Scrolling through last night it seemed like people were enjoying their holiday too much.

This team is the definition of mediocre. They are below league average in runs given up and runs scored per game. The have a negative run differential. And they are four games over. They are probably lucky to be even that good. And we can’t make an excuse about the schedule anymore. It’s pretty bad right now

And then screaming about hiura? He has over 200 points ops better than the guy he replaced. That’s why people wanted him here. If we could replace everyone of our starters with someone 200 ops better we’d be in damn good shape

Considering the competition this team has played beyond crap for a month and now it’s trickling over into July. You can only play the pirates so much


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#4

Posted: July 05, 2019, 8:44 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2205
willie key said:
This team is the definition of mediocre. They are below league average in runs given up and runs scored per game. The have a negative run differential. And they are four games over. They are probably lucky to be even that good. And we can’t make an excuse about the schedule anymore. It’s pretty bad right now.


The Dodgers & Braves have been the only better than mediocre teams in the NL to this point.

The Mets, Marlins & Giants have been worse than mediocre.

That means three of the remaining ten mediocre teams will make the postseason.

Hopefully the Brewers will be one of them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#5

Posted: July 05, 2019, 9:16 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7326
If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#6

Posted: July 05, 2019, 9:22 AM Post
Posts: 398
sveumrules said:
willie key said:
This team is the definition of mediocre. They are below league average in runs given up and runs scored per game. The have a negative run differential. And they are four games over. They are probably lucky to be even that good. And we can’t make an excuse about the schedule anymore. It’s pretty bad right now.


The Dodgers & Braves have been the only better than mediocre teams in the NL to this point.

The Mets, Marlins & Giants have been worse than mediocre.

That means three of the remaining ten mediocre teams will make the postseason.

Hopefully the Brewers will be one of them.


That’s true. And why there is hope. It can be turned around. It’s not trending that way but who knows

I was just making the comment that it’s not out of line to call it what it is. Taking everything into context the brewers are playing bad baseball. I don’t think that vitriolic or over exaggeration.

The part I get aggravated with is that I don’t see a lot of reasons for this to change other than counting on other teams to lose. That probably won’t last


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#7

Posted: July 05, 2019, 9:32 AM Post
Posts: 398
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.



Winning two out of three or one out of three doesn’t change their outlook. They have to play 6 over .500 to make 86 wins. Will that make the playoffs? That will be tough. They have to play 14 over .500 to make 90 wins which is usually on the edge of playoffs most years

The way they were scoring runs at the beginning of the year was unsustainable and now it’s biting them in the ass when they finally get some pitching.

I’m just holding out hope the cardinals and cubs are fricking terrible. We have a lot of games against those two and that will probably decide who’s still playing


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#8

Posted: July 05, 2019, 9:48 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7326
willie key said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.



Winning two out of three or one out of three doesn’t change their outlook. They have to play 6 over .500 to make 86 wins. Will that make the playoffs? That will be tough. They have to play 14 over .500 to make 90 wins which is usually on the edge of playoffs most years

The way they were scoring runs at the beginning of the year was unsustainable and now it’s biting them in the ass when they finally get some pitching.

I’m just holding out hope the cardinals and cubs are fricking terrible. We have a lot of games against those two and that will probably decide who’s still playing


That may be. Obviously three games is not going to matter much in the whole scheme of things. But the optics would be nice to go into the break on a high. The good thing is, even though they are not playing well right now, they have played well enough in the first half to keep themselves in prime contention for a playoff spot. I guess I'm just going to continue to hold out hope that this rough stretch is just that ... a stretch ... and not a true representation of what this team is and what they can do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#9

Posted: July 05, 2019, 9:55 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1588
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
If the Brewers can play well this weekend going into the break, it will curb a lot of this "mediocre" and "this team is bad" talk. Davies will hopefully pitch another gem today. The fact is the whole devision isn't played super great, so the opportunity is prime for the Brewers to step up and take control.


I'm truly not worried about the pitching. It is the HITTING that has me concerned. When we don't hit homers we really struggle to score runs. I question the approach our hitters take and this has been a concern of mine for a while.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#10

Posted: July 05, 2019, 2:04 PM Post
Posts: 1259
I touched on this in another thread...but part of the problem with the LU right now(in my opinion) is exactly what you see in today's LU :

Cain
Yelich
Grandal
Moose
Hiura
Aguilar
Saladino
Arcia
Davies

This is the problem, he has the WORST bats all stacked together, you can't do that and expect to be successful. When I was Coaching an Amateur team a few years ago, I made the decision to try and "hide" my lessor bats between some of my better bats rather than stack them up 7-8-9 and basically give the opposing teams "free" 1-2-3 innings every time the bottom of my order came up..Tonights LU you can't really make it work the way I would like to see it optimally but against RHP's and with Thames and either Braun or Gamel in the Lineup it works much better, and I would lead Thames off. His other problem is, he worries too much about playing match ups and puts Aguilar in against LHP's(like tonight). Sometimes you have to ignore the splits and just run your best hitters out there regardless of match up. Aguilar should never be in the LU ahead of Thames even against a LHP. Thames is a better hitter...period. You're just giving up outs that way.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#11

Posted: July 05, 2019, 2:33 PM Post
Posts: 17369
Brewcrewin07 said:
I touched on this in another thread...but part of the problem with the LU right now(in my opinion) is exactly what you see in today's LU :

Cain
Yelich
Grandal
Moose
Hiura
Aguilar
Saladino
Arcia
Davies

This is the problem, he has the WORST bats all stacked together, you can't do that and expect to be successful. When I was Coaching an Amateur team a few years ago, I made the decision to try and "hide" my lessor bats between some of my better bats rather than stack them up 7-8-9 and basically give the opposing teams "free" 1-2-3 innings every time the bottom of my order came up..Tonights LU you can't really make it work the way I would like to see it optimally but against RHP's and with Thames and either Braun or Gamel in the Lineup it works much better, and I would lead Thames off. His other problem is, he worries too much about playing match ups and puts Aguilar in against LHP's(like tonight). Sometimes you have to ignore the splits and just run your best hitters out there regardless of match up. Aguilar should never be in the LU ahead of Thames even against a LHP. Thames is a better hitter...period. You're just giving up outs that way.


It seems like you really know your stuff. I wonder if there is anyone who can get you in touch with Counsell and DS to share your insights and wisdom and thus fix the problems with this team right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#12

Posted: July 05, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
Posts: 6474
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 47104?s=21


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#13

Posted: July 05, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
Posts: 17369
markedman5 said:
https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/1147246899424047104?s=21


So rather than IL him and call someone up with the AS break coming up anyway, they are going to roll with a man down in two consecutive series just to ensure he is available on the 12th and 13th?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#14

Posted: July 05, 2019, 3:15 PM Post
Posts: 1259
adambr2 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
I touched on this in another thread...but part of the problem with the LU right now(in my opinion) is exactly what you see in today's LU :

Cain
Yelich
Grandal
Moose
Hiura
Aguilar
Saladino
Arcia
Davies

This is the problem, he has the WORST bats all stacked together, you can't do that and expect to be successful. When I was Coaching an Amateur team a few years ago, I made the decision to try and "hide" my lessor bats between some of my better bats rather than stack them up 7-8-9 and basically give the opposing teams "free" 1-2-3 innings every time the bottom of my order came up..Tonights LU you can't really make it work the way I would like to see it optimally but against RHP's and with Thames and either Braun or Gamel in the Lineup it works much better, and I would lead Thames off. His other problem is, he worries too much about playing match ups and puts Aguilar in against LHP's(like tonight). Sometimes you have to ignore the splits and just run your best hitters out there regardless of match up. Aguilar should never be in the LU ahead of Thames even against a LHP. Thames is a better hitter...period. You're just giving up outs that way.


It seems like you really know your stuff. I wonder if there is anyone who can get you in touch with Counsell and DS to share your insights and wisdom and thus fix the problems with this team right now.


I don't know why you had to make such a condescending comment, but ok. You do you.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#15

Posted: July 05, 2019, 3:45 PM Post
Posts: 17369
Sorry, was meant more as more of a tongue in cheek jab than condensation. I feel like when you're criticizing our MLB manager's strategies, telling us his strategies won't work to be successful, and speaking of the strategies you employed as an amateur manager, you kind of open yourself up to that kind of thing. Are you really suggesting we slap Saladino in the lineup around #3 and Arcia around #6 just to split up the weak bats?

I also totally disagree with you that Thames should ever start vs. LHP, and if Aguilar can't go against lefties he has no business on the roster.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#16

Posted: July 05, 2019, 4:38 PM Post
Posts: 17369
If our OF situation is this dire, I would rather give Carlos Gomez a call than continue to see Tyler Saladino out there every day. Really.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#17

Posted: July 05, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
Posts: 10
Location: Far Away
Shoot. Why not just put Gamel out there. IL Braun until he's better.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#18

Posted: July 05, 2019, 5:08 PM Post
Posts: 3670
I would say the bottom of the order looks pretty terrible but the fact is the entire lineup has been pretty terrible.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#19

Posted: July 05, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
Posts: 3670
Predictable pop up.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-05: Brewers (Davies) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#20

Posted: July 05, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
Posts: 3670
Is it possible to post a scoreless inning counter on here?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next  [ 369 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TexasCheesehead and 4 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test