LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]

Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 06, 2019, 8:16 PM Post
treego14 said:
Don't you like it that Aaron Rodgers stays in Green Bay? Don't you like it like it that little ole' Green Bay (barely over 100,000 in population) can compete with New York, Chicago, and LA every year and sign and retain players on a level-playing-field with them?

Sure you do!

The NFL gets it!

I think the unbalance that exists in MLB is a big reason baseball is shrinking in the US.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 8:17 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
The Stearns mantra of pitching depth is a failure. If you have alot of scrubs and AAAA pitching you don't have enough. Go get somebody anybody before they come back from the break. This team needs a spark.

Imagine this being a GM's philosophy to building a team.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Bulldogboy said:
The Stearns mantra of pitching depth is a failure. If you have alot of scrubs and AAAA pitching you don't have enough. Go get somebody anybody before they come back from the break. This team needs a spark.

I'm certainly glad Stearns isn't rushing to trade Turang and Rasmussen to temporarily appease feelings for a couple weeks before it's apparent he was just putting lipstick on a pig.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 8:27 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
The good news. By pulling out the “Salvage Game” yesterday, the Brewers won’t go into the break with a 6 game losing streak.

Salvage game is definitely a finalist for the name of the 2019 brewers season dvd

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
willie key said:
BruisedCrew said:
The good news. By pulling out the “Salvage Game” yesterday, the Brewers won’t go into the break with a 6 game losing streak.

Salvage game is definitely a finalist for the name of the 2019 brewers season dvd

No season DVDs anymore apparently.... 2018 didn't gave one.

Quote   Reply 
willie key said:
BruisedCrew said:

If you were to summarize the Brewers 2019 season with just one word, that word would be salvage.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
sveumrules said:
Brew crew 92 said:
The only poster that I’ve seen on this board that talks about the lack of payroll is me. Some talk about Stearns sitting on his butt, you know, blame Stearns. Not me, I’m the lone voice here that puts the blame where it belongs > Attanasio.

We've won the 8th most games in MLB since Attanasio hired Stearns.

I think they share the "blame" for that in some proportion (along with Counsell & the players themselves & the rest of the field staff & front office).

The Stearns hiring was brilliant on Attanasio’s part. He hired a boy genius that re-built this team with help from Melvin’s all time record hader houser Phillips Santana Trade, among other moves, in near record time. Avoiding a tank that would cost the team lots of revenue. My guess is Stearns has made Attanasio over 150 million in the last 3 years if playoff revenue is included.

2.5-3 million fans year after year, 20-60 million in profits every year. All we are is a fan, that continues to overperform their market size to the extreme. It’s laughable how much this fan base supports this team, and, that’s it’s NOT reciprocated with a payroll deserving of said fan. 127 million is embarrassing.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:20 PM Post
YO Adrian they need you back in your role in the pen

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Bulldogboy said:

Imagine the Brewers actually having good pitching.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:23 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:
Brew crew 92 said:
The only poster that I’ve seen on this board that talks about the lack of payroll is me. Some talk about Stearns sitting on his butt, you know, blame Stearns. Not me, I’m the lone voice here that puts the blame where it belongs > Attanasio.

I think they share the "blame" for that in some proportion (along with Counsell & the players themselves & the rest of the field staff & front office).

The Stearns hiring was brilliant on Attanasio’s part. He hired a boy genius that re-built this team with help from Melvin’s all time record hader houser Phillips Santana Trade, among other moves, in near record time. Avoiding a tank that would cost the team lots of revenue. My guess is Stearns has made Attanasio over 150 million in the last 3 years if playoff revenue is included.

2.5-3 million fans year after year, 20-60 million in profits every year. All we are is a fan, that continues to overperform their market size to the extreme. It’s laughable how much this fan base supports this team, and, that’s it’s NOT reciprocated with a payroll deserving of said fan. 127 million is embarrassing.

Yes embarrassing because all that revenue and profits only go to one man....

Wait you mean ownership is a group? Not just Mark A.? If its the low end 20mil in profits, I mean really? Mark A. Should just sign off on checks to MLB players for more in a year than his ownership group even makes? Seems legit.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:32 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:
Brew crew 92 said:

We’ve been through the financial discussions with you time and time again, and you just won’t acknowledge that it’s not as simple as you insist that it is.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 9:38 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I believe this supports your cause/the fans cause quite a bit! Check out this: https://twitter.com/BREW_MATHs/status/1 ... 96677?s=20

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:03 PM Post
treego14 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:

I believe this supports your cause/the fans cause quite a bit! Check out this: https://twitter.com/BREW_MATHs/status/1 ... 96677?s=20

Now show us the numbers of how much profit the clubs make per average fan. And how many dollars per year each club makes on advertising, corporate sponsorships, suites, parking, television rights, merchandising, etc.

Making the Brewers competitive has cashed in the biggest opportunity for increasing the value of the franchise: raising gate receipts, but significantly improving the profit on the other revenue streams is a much tougher endeavor takes years of effort to deliver results on. And the simple stark reality is that the size and wealth of their market isn't comparable to the clubs in the next-higher-tier of payroll.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:16 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
PinaMadness said:
Bulldogboy said:

Imagine the Brewers actually having good pitching.

Imagine thinking it's as easy as just signing/trading for somebody, anybody. As if it's guaranteed to pay off. Ask the Mets and Phillies how breaking the bank for players is working out for them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:25 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
willie key said:
BruisedCrew said:

If you were to summarize the Brewers 2019 season with just one word, that word would be salvage.

Or if you made a 30 for 30 documentary

“What would you do if you played a three game series and lost the first two games......

Salvage Game. The Story of 2019 Baseball in Wisconsin”

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:42 PM Post
@ tomwopat

And this goes to show what I've said a lot in this thread -- the MLB is UNFAIR -- even with the most loyal fan base theoretically, our owners/team still cannot make enough money to truly compete for available free agents nor in retaining stars!!!

Boo, MLB!

Small market fan bases should go on strike from the MLB -- bring the MLB to its knees until we have reform and fairness.

Small-market teams are glorified minor-league-teams in some respects for the big-market, deep-pocket teams!

Boo, MLB!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 06, 2019, 10:56 PM Post
There’s been some IGT’s that are bad but this one may take the cake.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 06, 2019, 11:10 PM Post
Brew4U said:
There’s been some IGT’s that are bad but this one may take the cake.

Yep, that is what big-market teams do ... they take your stars because you cannot afford them and then come to your town to beat you.

They take your cake and eat it, too!

Boo, MLB!

Fix this!

We couldn't afford Manny Machado last season, and he beat our brains out ... remember that?

We had to settle for Schoop ... remember that?

Go Brewers! Defy the odds! Play with a chip on your shoulder!!!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 06, 2019, 11:33 PM Post
Global Moderator
treego14 said:
We couldn't afford Manny Machado last season, and he beat our brains out ... remember that?

What I remember is the Dodgers (& likely the Brewers & other interested teams) discussing trade scenarios with the Orioles leading up to the deadline.

Based on Machado being traded to Los Angeles it would seem as though Baltimore thought they offered the best prospects of the interested clubs.

The amateur market (where the prospects came from) already is capped with controlled spending.

I guess what I am struggling to understand is how not having a cap on MLB salaries prevented us from trading prospects for Manny Machado?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 12:14 AM Post
sveumrules said:
treego14 said:

What I remember is the Dodgers (& likely the Brewers & other interested teams) discussing trade scenarios with the Orioles leading up to the deadline.

Based on Machado being traded to Los Angeles it would seem as though Baltimore thought they offered the best prospects of the interested clubs.

The amateur market (where the prospects came from) already is capped with controlled spending.

I guess what I am struggling to understand is how not having a cap on MLB salaries prevented us from trading prospects for Manny Machado?

Or maybe the prospect package Baltimore wanted for Machado was too rich for the Crew, given that Machado was a short-term rental.

Three months of Machado would not have been worth a package that would have started at Burnes and Hiura.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply