LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]

Author Message
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 5:20 AM Post
Posts: 1989
sveumrules said:
treego14 said:
We couldn't afford Manny Machado last season, and he beat our brains out ... remember that?


What I remember is the Dodgers (& likely the Brewers & other interested teams) discussing trade scenarios with the Orioles leading up to the deadline.

Based on Machado being traded to Los Angeles it would seem as though Baltimore thought they offered the best prospects of the interested clubs.

The amateur market (where the prospects came from) already is capped with controlled spending.

I guess what I am struggling to understand is how not having a cap on MLB salaries prevented us from trading prospects for Manny Machado?


Amateur spending on players is capped, yes, but, teams can spend as much as they want on scouting, logistics, etc. again, massive advantage to the large markets, able to scout many more players.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 6:01 AM Post
Posts: 1989
It’s not that simple?

What have I said that you KNOW is incorrect?

All anyone has done here is say it’s not that simple or how do you know this or show us the info.

I’ve shown the info over the last 5 months on this site and it just gets ignored. But I still get hammered. I started out as the lone voice on this, now, hopefully there’s a few that have opened their minds to the reality of the profits this team makes, year after year.

Profits, not the value of the franchise. If we talk about the value of the franchise it really gets all the more ridiculous. 152 million more in the last 15 months. 152 million, and people are in awe(Haudricourt)of a 127 million payroll, with another probable profit north of 30 million.

While Stearns has to bottom feed, waiver wire, yes sign > Grandal, but that money just got the payroll up to where the reds are at. The reds, a team with LESS REVENUE than the brewers!

I’m NOT suggesting Attanasio take a loss, even for just one year, I’m saying, for one year or two years, With a team recognized as a real contender, to payroll this team to CLOSE to breakeven. That could be 155-165, and trust Stearns to spend wisely, which we all know he will do, increasing the odds of a deep playoff run, which in turn, makes a profit again, builds the brand, adds value to the franchise.

Now why is it not this simple?
What is wrong with this scenario?
How many more years do we have to wait to win a series? It’s been 50.
Why should the best fans( Per capita )in baseball have a payroll not reflective of its fans?

If Bud selig still owned this team, what would he do?

I think we know the answer.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:21 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7343
Brew crew 92 said:
It’s not that simple?

What have I said that you KNOW is incorrect?

All anyone has done here is say it’s not that simple or how do you know this or show us the info.

I’ve shown the info over the last 5 months on this site and it just gets ignored. But I still get hammered. I started out as the lone voice on this, now, hopefully there’s a few that have opened their minds to the reality of the profits this team makes, year after year.

Profits, not the value of the franchise. If we talk about the value of the franchise it really gets all the more ridiculous. 152 million more in the last 15 months. 152 million, and people are in awe(Haudricourt)of a 127 million payroll, with another probable profit north of 30 million.

While Stearns has to bottom feed, waiver wire, yes sign > Grandal, but that money just got the payroll up to where the reds are at. The reds, a team with LESS REVENUE than the brewers!

I’m NOT suggesting Attanasio take a loss, even for just one year, I’m saying, for one year or two years, With a team recognized as a real contender, to payroll this team to CLOSE to breakeven. That could be 155-165, and trust Stearns to spend wisely, which we all know he will do, increasing the odds of a deep playoff run, which in turn, makes a profit again, builds the brand, adds value to the franchise.

Now why is it not this simple?
What is wrong with this scenario?
How many more years do we have to wait to win a series? It’s been 50.
Why should the best fans( Per capita )in baseball have a payroll not reflective of its fans?

If Bud selig still owned this team, what would he do?

I think we know the answer.


You've been asked repeatedly to back up your claims. Yet all you do is continue to spout your claims over and over, almost as if you believe that if you say it enough times, it's a fact. You have NEVER presented any proof, other than saying "I've done my research". That is why no one is taking you seriously. You, like everyone else, have absolutely no clue what the Brewers revenue vs. expense numbers look like. We can make guesstimates, but as a privately held company, they aren't going to release those numbers, so it is simply a guess. The fact of the matter is billionaires don't buy major league baseball teams as a money-making venture. The investment is more for fun, and because they are baseball fans.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:43 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2097
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
You've been asked repeatedly to back up your claims. Yet all you do is continue to spout your claims over and over, almost as if you believe that if you say it enough times, it's a fact. You have NEVER presented any proof, other than saying "I've done my research". That is why no one is taking you seriously. You, like everyone else, have absolutely no clue what the Brewers revenue vs. expense numbers look like. We can make guesstimates, but as a privately held company, they aren't going to release those numbers, so it is simply a guess. The fact of the matter is billionaires don't buy major league baseball teams as a money-making venture. The investment is more for fun, and because they are baseball fans.

You spend you’re entire post arguing that we won’t know the actual revenue & expenses because the team is privately owned and yet you end it with a conclusion (“The fact of the matter”), which can only be made if you know the exact numbers. So is it a fact when you make it up and not when Brew Crew 92 makes it up? Or is it a fact when it’s positive for the Brewers and Attanasio/ and just made up when it’s negative?

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:46 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7343
xisxisxis said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
You've been asked repeatedly to back up your claims. Yet all you do is continue to spout your claims over and over, almost as if you believe that if you say it enough times, it's a fact. You have NEVER presented any proof, other than saying "I've done my research". That is why no one is taking you seriously. You, like everyone else, have absolutely no clue what the Brewers revenue vs. expense numbers look like. We can make guesstimates, but as a privately held company, they aren't going to release those numbers, so it is simply a guess. The fact of the matter is billionaires don't buy major league baseball teams as a money-making venture. The investment is more for fun, and because they are baseball fans.

You spend you’re entire post arguing that we won’t know the actual revenue & expenses because the team is privately owned and yet you end it with a conclusion (“The fact of the matter”), which can only be made if you know the exact numbers. So is it a fact when you make it up or when Brew Crew 92 makes it up? Or is it a fact when it’s positive for the Brewers and Attanasio/ and just made up when it’s negative?


Sorry ... I guess I misspoke. It can be assumed that people don't buy MLB teams as a money making venture. Perhaps that is wrong, and capitalists are lining up to buy MLB teams. I mean I just don't know.

That doesn't change the overall theme of my post, which is that BC92 has been asked by a lot of people for backup to support his claims.


Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on July 07, 2019, 7:47 AM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:47 AM Post
Posts: 1989
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
It’s not that simple?

What have I said that you KNOW is incorrect?

All anyone has done here is say it’s not that simple or how do you know this or show us the info.

I’ve shown the info over the last 5 months on this site and it just gets ignored. But I still get hammered. I started out as the lone voice on this, now, hopefully there’s a few that have opened their minds to the reality of the profits this team makes, year after year.

Profits, not the value of the franchise. If we talk about the value of the franchise it really gets all the more ridiculous. 152 million more in the last 15 months. 152 million, and people are in awe(Haudricourt)of a 127 million payroll, with another probable profit north of 30 million.

While Stearns has to bottom feed, waiver wire, yes sign > Grandal, but that money just got the payroll up to where the reds are at. The reds, a team with LESS REVENUE than the brewers!

I’m NOT suggesting Attanasio take a loss, even for just one year, I’m saying, for one year or two years, With a team recognized as a real contender, to payroll this team to CLOSE to breakeven. That could be 155-165, and trust Stearns to spend wisely, which we all know he will do, increasing the odds of a deep playoff run, which in turn, makes a profit again, builds the brand, adds value to the franchise.

Now why is it not this simple?
What is wrong with this scenario?
How many more years do we have to wait to win a series? It’s been 50.
Why should the best fans( Per capita )in baseball have a payroll not reflective of its fans?

If Bud selig still owned this team, what would he do?

I think we know the answer.


You've been asked repeatedly to back up your claims. Yet all you do is continue to spout your claims over and over, almost as if you believe that if you say it enough times, it's a fact. You have NEVER presented any proof, other than saying "I've done my research". That is why no one is taking you seriously. You, like everyone else, have absolutely no clue what the Brewers revenue vs. expense numbers look like. We can make guesstimates, but as a privately held company, they aren't going to release those numbers, so it is simply a guess. The fact of the matter is billionaires don't buy major league baseball teams as a money-making venture. The investment is more for fun, and because they are baseball fans.


I have printed information in numerous threads, you just chose to ignore them, or haven’t seen them. It’s the easy fall to statement, we don’t know the expenses, dah. But if the brewers are in the top 5 of ALL TEAMS in gross profit, you can be sure they are making a healthy profit.

The one team who have had to spill the most information, the Braves, made over 100 million, with a terrible tv deal.

How can you say billionaire’s don’t buy teams to make money?

20(est)million times 15 = 300 million of which 38% is Attanasio’s = 114(est)million in profits

Team’s value > 1.2 billion -225 million(what he paid)= 975 million times 38 % = 371 million

371 + 114(est) = 485 million in 15 years = Attanasio’s

He’s not a billionaire yet, but he’s getting there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:51 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7343
The team increasing in perceived value doesn't equal profits though. He'd have to sell his stake to realize that.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 8:00 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2097
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
That doesn't change the overall theme of my post, which is that BC92 has been asked by a lot of people for backup to support his claims.

Yes he does seem to make wild claims ALL THE TIME... In every post in every thread... every day.... multiple times a day... multiple times a post...

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7954
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
It’s not that simple?

What have I said that you KNOW is incorrect?



Come on, man. Making the 'I can state whatever I want because YOU DON'T KNOW FOR SURE it's wrong case is weak. What I DO know is that you've historically demonstrated a lack of understanding about how corporate finance works. That's not a personal dig, it's just that you can't go around blasting a point at full volume when you simply don't have all the facts. Sure, tout your opinion that they could support a $165 million payroll. Just don't assume or argue anything that suggests you're certainly right, or that the other side is certainly wrong.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
adambr2 said:
Houser has seen his ERA balloon from 2.27 to 4.08 since being pulled from the pen to be put in the rotation.


I pray he is back in the pen after the all star break.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:25 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
Brewcrewin07 said:

No, but I will no longer go to games(cancel season tickets) and will make sure I let Mark A know how I feel. Enough of this panzy GM stuff. be more like Doug Melvin.


I thought people were sick of Melvin and welcomed this change?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:28 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
willie key said:
Leadoff double is an automatic zero run inning for this team


This tendency for us to not be able to score most of the time without a HR is so damn frustrating to watch! [tongue]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
treego14 said:
Hiura is on everything tonight ... no results to show for it, sadly, though.

Gamel ... ugghh ... I wish we had Domingo!


Not me. Domingo isn't a decent outfielder.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:36 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
markedman5 said:
One team has gotten key 2 out hits tonight to drive in runs......one has failed in numerous attempts ......

Solo homers aren't going to win many games.


Until this team figures out how to play small ball and hit homers they are going to struggle scoring runs.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:45 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
Bulldogboy said:
Imagine the Brewers actually having good pitching.


Last night's blowout aside I don't think pitching is our biggest issue right now. Our anemic offense is a bigger concern lately. If we fall behind by more than 2 runs it feels like 3 times as much. [sad]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) 3:05 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:47 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7343
Pugger said:
treego14 said:
Hiura is on everything tonight ... no results to show for it, sadly, though.

Gamel ... ugghh ... I wish we had Domingo!


Not me. Domingo isn't a decent outfielder.


That particular poster's love of Santana has become weird. I think he's just doing it to be trolly now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:51 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1599
Location: Green Bay for the summer!
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:
treego14 said:
We couldn't afford Manny Machado last season, and he beat our brains out ... remember that?


What I remember is the Dodgers (& likely the Brewers & other interested teams) discussing trade scenarios with the Orioles leading up to the deadline.

Based on Machado being traded to Los Angeles it would seem as though Baltimore thought they offered the best prospects of the interested clubs.

The amateur market (where the prospects came from) already is capped with controlled spending.

I guess what I am struggling to understand is how not having a cap on MLB salaries prevented us from trading prospects for Manny Machado?


Amateur spending on players is capped, yes, but, teams can spend as much as they want on scouting, logistics, etc. again, massive advantage to the large markets, able to scout many more players.


Yes, it is frustrating that large market teams have an advantage but I don't see it changing any time soon. You've made your case numerous times. Instead of harping on this let's talk about what can be realistically done to fix our issues - something that can be actually done right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-06: Brewers (Houser) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers lose, 12-2 -- Arcia injured after collision w/ Hiura]
Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:40 AM Post
Posts: 553
Location: Washburn, WI
Brew crew 92 said:
It’s not that simple?

What have I said that you KNOW is incorrect?

All anyone has done here is say it’s not that simple or how do you know this or show us the info.

I’ve shown the info over the last 5 months on this site and it just gets ignored. But I still get hammered. I started out as the lone voice on this, now, hopefully there’s a few that have opened their minds to the reality of the profits this team makes, year after year.

Profits, not the value of the franchise. If we talk about the value of the franchise it really gets all the more ridiculous. 152 million more in the last 15 months. 152 million, and people are in awe(Haudricourt)of a 127 million payroll, with another probable profit north of 30 million.

While Stearns has to bottom feed, waiver wire, yes sign > Grandal, but that money just got the payroll up to where the reds are at. The reds, a team with LESS REVENUE than the brewers!

I’m NOT suggesting Attanasio take a loss, even for just one year, I’m saying, for one year or two years, With a team recognized as a real contender, to payroll this team to CLOSE to breakeven. That could be 155-165, and trust Stearns to spend wisely, which we all know he will do, increasing the odds of a deep playoff run, which in turn, makes a profit again, builds the brand, adds value to the franchise.

Now why is it not this simple?
What is wrong with this scenario?
How many more years do we have to wait to win a series? It’s been 50.
Why should the best fans( Per capita )in baseball have a payroll not reflective of its fans?

If Bud selig still owned this team, what would he do?

I think we know the answer.


The last few seasons before Selig sold the team, he was normally in the $40 million range for payroll, bottom 10 in payroll almost every season. His final season as owner in 2004, the payroll was just over $27 million, dead last in the MLB. With Mark at the helm, it’s over $127 million this season, currently 16th in MLB. He has literally increased the payroll over $100 million since he took over as owner. That’s all that needs to be said to show how much Mark wants to see the Brewers be successful.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 178 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: pitchleague, wildcat83 and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test