LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Author Message
Online  2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]
#1

Posted: July 07, 2019, 7:40 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6518
Image
Image


Chase Anderson: Batter (Pirates) vs Pitching Stats

Joe Musgrove: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#2

Posted: July 07, 2019, 9:59 AM Post
Posts: 1219
We probably should rest the all stars today. Big in season exhibition events coming up


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#3

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:04 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10582
Just saw Thames in RF and Yelich on the bench...

Thames in the OF is a nightmare.

Whatever happened to every game matters?

Like someone said yesterday, at least we got the salvage game out of the way.

[sad]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#4

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:06 AM Post
Posts: 1119
Location: Wisconsin
willie key said:
We probably should rest the all stars today. Big in season exhibition events coming up


Well, they are resting Yelich. More important to have him ready for the HR Derby than do everything possible to beat a division rival that is breathing down their necks.

How long will it take for Thames in right field to prove costly?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#5

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:18 AM Post
Posts: 1219
Is Dubon called up?

I’m surprised he isn’t playing today


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#6

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1740
turborickey said:
Just saw Thames in RF and Yelich on the bench...

Thames in the OF is a nightmare.

Whatever happened to every game matters?

Like someone said yesterday, at least we got the salvage game out of the way.

[sad]


It seems like right field has been getting a ton of action in this series too.


willie key said:
Is Dubon called up?

I’m surprised he isn’t playing today


Hope it's not a Nottingham call-up where you forget he's even there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#7

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:31 AM Post
Posts: 3060
willie key said:
Is Dubon called up?

I’m surprised he isn’t playing today


Ha. Figures. Unless he hasn’t arrived yet.

CC needs this break. Gotta be honest, he’s become more pedestrian as a manager, this last month or two, at least in my mind.

Stearns can use a reset too. This Organizational depth above all else mantra is costing this team wins, imo. It’s been pitching more than hitting, with the shuttle, but now, it’s become hitters too. The 40 man can use a shake-up, imo.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#8

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:35 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1740
Corresponding move is Smith optioned. Would expect Chacin available in the pen today.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#9

Posted: July 07, 2019, 10:54 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2453
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
BruisedCrew said:
willie key said:
We probably should rest the all stars today. Big in season exhibition events coming up


Well, they are resting Yelich. More important to have him ready for the HR Derby than do everything possible to beat a division rival that is breathing down their necks.

How long will it take for Thames in right field to prove costly?


I don't have a problem with them resting Yelich. We need a healthy Yelich starting on July 12th going forward.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#10

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:26 AM Post
Posts: 1219
Nice to see a Wisconsin badger score a goal in the World Cup


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#11

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:27 AM Post
Posts: 3462
Pugger said:
BruisedCrew said:
willie key said:
We probably should rest the all stars today. Big in season exhibition events coming up


Well, they are resting Yelich. More important to have him ready for the HR Derby than do everything possible to beat a division rival that is breathing down their necks.

How long will it take for Thames in right field to prove costly?


I don't have a problem with them resting Yelich. We need a healthy Yelich starting on July 12th going forward.


I realize hes gonna be playing, but it's the game before the all star break.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#12

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:28 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5474
I would expect an "all-hands on-deck" situation today, honestly. Most of the players have 4 days off after today.

Go Brewers! Let's get a win!

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#13

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:29 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2530
We've gone 5-5 in the 10 games Yelich hasn't started to this point.

Yes, he's our best player, but it's hardly waving the white flag to give him a rest to start the game then let him pinch hit should a high leverage opportunity maybe present itself at some point.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#14

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:38 AM Post
Posts: 741
Really hope Dubon gets a pinch hit appearance today, maybe a double switch to get some action in the field too. His mom flew in from Honduras for the game, would be a shame if she couldn’t see him play.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#15

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:42 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2530
brooks_quichenick said:
Really hope Dubon gets a pinch hit appearance today, maybe a double switch to get some action in the field too. His mom flew in from Honduras for the game, would be a shame if she couldn’t see him play.


My dream scenario for Mauricio is a pinch hit RBI with a runner on third & less than two outs.

Instant BF.net IGT legend status achieved.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#16

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6518
That is the second time this year that back wall has stopped a ball from being a home run at PNC (in the Brewers favor last time). They should figure out how to clean up that wall situation, it’s a really annoying wall setup.

Edit: On second thought maybe I’m thinking of San Diego as the previously similar occasion.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#17

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:43 AM Post
Posts: 4245
Tough break there. That'll probably cost us a scoring inning.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#18

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:44 AM Post
Posts: 741
That one little slice of padding was pushed down and angled back towards the field, if the ball lands on the flat padding to the left or right it likely bounces over the fence. Tough break


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#19

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
Posts: 1119
Location: Wisconsin
Hiura’s strikeout problems are costly again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
#20

Posted: July 07, 2019, 11:48 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3779
Location: Madison
Hiura just needs to put the bat on the ball there. I realize it was possibly a ball but he needs to at least try something with that pitch.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
cron
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test