LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) [Brewers lose, 6-5]

Offline  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
Global Moderator
Anything but a double play here Manny.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-07-07: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Musgrove) 12:35 PM CDT
wildcat83 said:
Anderson was not taken out during the rain delay. Claudio had pitched an inning before the delay.

D'oh, you're right. My bad.

Only thing I can figure was they didn't want Chase to got through the order a third time, and were looking to cash in a run. Probably not a great move in retrospect. Sorry BC92.

Quote   Reply 
Global Moderator
wildcat83 said:
Anderson was not taken out during the rain delay. Claudio had pitched an inning before the delay.

It had already been raining steady at that point for a while. It was pretty inevitable the game was going to get halted. Getting an ab for Anderson's spot wasn't a bad call. (Imo)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
Global Moderator
RoCoBrewfan said:
wildcat83 said:

It had already been raining steady at that point for a while. It was pretty inevitable the game was going to get halted. Getting an ab for Anderson's spot wasn't a bad call. (Imo)

I also thought it was more about trying to anticipate the rain delay and getting a pinch hitter into Anderson’s spot (which was Arcia).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
I don’t understand all this talk about who you would rather be. People talk like the Brewers are a moribund franchise. They have a few holes after some things didn’t pan out this year. But apart from Braun, there are no albatross contracts on the roster. Players can bounce back or grow, and some holes can be addressed in the offseason. The Cardinals, meanwhile, have some bad contracts and haven’t been strong contenders for years, despite all our mental scarring about them being the boogeyman.

For the rest of the division, it is rather silly to remove this topic from context—which is what it took to get where all these teams are now. The Cubs are looking like paper tigers, and sure, they won their title, but now they are saddled by a litany of questionable contracts, especially for pitchers. We talk about the spending advantage of the Cubs, but big deals to Hayward and Darvish especially look like handicaps not advantages. All of this brings me to my main point: the Cubs’ success—and the talent, such as it is, of the Reds and Pirates—owe mainly to years of absolutely woeful products on the field during prolonged rebuilds. This is the most important context which the “who would you rather be right now?” question ignores. I’d rather not be a fan of a franchise that milks the fan base for years while not even trying to field a competitive club, all while lying about how it was the only way to build a contender. And we know it is a lie, because we saw the proof in 2017 and 2018. The Brewers/Stearns method, call it an abbreviated tear down, or accelerated rebuild, or “not putting limits on the team” kept the lean years to a minimum, netted an MVP caliber player and the most wins in the league last year. I’d much rather see that than the hell the Cubs, Reds, and Pirates fans lived under recently.

Put me down as still being proud of these Brewers. I wouldn’t be nearly as proud of any of those other clubs, and it isn’t even close.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
clancyphile said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
When your starter is rolling > DONT take him out after the 4th inning, with a slumping bullpen.

Again, he was taken out because there was a rain delay. It was the smart move. Crappy luck for the Brewers and Anderson, but sometimes it just happens.

Can't do much about the rain unless you have a retractable roof or a dome... Counsell was in a bad spot NOT of his making... made the best call he could.

Again, he wasn’t pulled during the delay.

Counsel might say he pulled him for a PH knowing rain was coming and wanted offense in case the game was called.

Claudio pitched prior to the delay.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
Global Moderator
Did he pull his foot from the bag??

Edit: Doesn’t look like it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:21 PM Post
I would think you'd have to send Saladino at some point and stay out of the DP

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
PinaMadness said:
I would think you'd have to send Saladino at some point and stay out of the DP

Too late.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Heck of a call by the first base ump

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
Need a straight on view to really see if his foot came off

Last edited by mtrebs on July 07, 2019, 3:22 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
Global Moderator
This one really stinks.

Unfortunately a second consecutive year of spending the All-Star break not feeling so great about Brewers baseball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:23 PM Post
Thanks Guerra. At least we got the salvage game on Friday.

Quote   Reply 
Wow, 7-16 to finish off the first half? I knew it was bad, but didn’t realize it was that bad.

Quote   Reply 
Dang! Well ... gotta recharge the batteries during the break. Come out firing next Friday. They are fortunate to only be a 1/2 game back. It is anyone's division right now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:24 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
wildcat83 said:

I get that train of thought, but it was being talked about like it was switched because of the delay.

I don’t agree with it because of the state of our pen and it being a day game. They were going to finish it. Let Chase pitch to the delay. If it was a night game where rain had a better chance of ending it early then I would agree with it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
How the hell does Yelich not get an ab there instead of Pina?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:26 PM Post
That ends a disappointing first half

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:26 PM Post
Oh nevermind. Didnt know he was hurt.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: July 07, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
rondoman said:
How the hell does Yelich not get an ab there instead of Pina?

He’s hurt

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next  [ 246 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply