LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:37 PM Post
willie key said:
I would cut Jackson just for how long it takes him to throw a pitch

Holy crap...this!!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Bulldogboy said:
Harvey'sWBs said:
Bulldogboy said:
The bases loaded nobody out situation once again is killer. Lucky to even score one run. You can't win like this. Nothing has been done to change it.

Oh, cool, so you sit in on the meetings with the hitting coach, then? What are those like?

Good response. My bad. They have made strides and now are great in these spots.

I’m just baffled when fans assume professionals who live and breathe this game—players and coaches—are doing nothing to work on the holes in their game. I mean, really? Complain about results, sure, but it looked like you were saying they were twiddling their thumbs in batting practice and pregame prep...

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Bulldogboy said:
folly412 said:
Wait, Jackson is still here? And 2/3 of our new acquisitions are in AAA?

Right?? Crazy

It tells you how much they're really worth to us for making a run this year, no matter how much we try to rationalize them as good deals.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
It just seems to me no team cashes In Fewer runners on third with zero or one out than Milwaukee

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:38 PM Post
All that bull crap from Jackson and they don’t even throw it down anyways

Quote   Reply 

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

Quote   Reply 
Oh look, a sac fly. Take some notes, Moose.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:39 PM Post
It's frustrating when guys don't come through but the other guy gets paid too.

Quote   Reply 
See, now maybe I'm unconventional in my thinking, but once Canha stole second, I'm immediately putting Profar on and facing the two weak hitters coming up. Especially when Profar is a Lefty.

Quote   Reply 
In Counsell’s defense, maybe he saw the Quintana-Davies matchup tomorrow and figured Hader would be of no use to him anyway.

I wonder if the Cubs’ TBA on Saturday will be Hamels coming off the IL.

Quote   Reply 
Jopal78! said:
It just seems to me no team cashes In Fewer runners on third with zero or one out than Milwaukee

I believe they are the worst. Or they were. But that might have changed. At this point who cares. Our bullpen sucks

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:40 PM Post
owbc said:
It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:40 PM Post
I would understand continually pulling Chase before he hits 100 pitched if the bullpen wasn't so terrible. Chase's 5th time through the order would be more fun to watch than this...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:41 PM Post
Is Claudio really warming up? Why? We've got 1 more out to get and then this game is likely lost anyway. Might as well ride Jackson now.

Quote   Reply 
As this game gets away from the Brewers I sure hope they go to at least one or more pitchers on their pen so everybody is nice and fresh for the Cubs series

Quote   Reply 
BruisedCrew said:
In Counsell’s defense, maybe he saw the Quintana-Davies matchup tomorrow and figured Hader would be of no use to him anyway.

I wonder if the Cubs’ TBA on Saturday will be Hamels coming off the IL.

I'd almost guarantee it, because of course, it's a series against the Crew, and Maddon would be running scared with the Crew already not having to see Lester or Hendricks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
My point is there hasn't been any accountability. Braun hitting 3 all year despite not being able to put a ball in play most of the time just one example. They set a tone early that there were going to be lousy doing the little things to score runs. Nothing changed all year long and it's going to cost them a postseason spot.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:44 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
owbc said:

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

This is true, and it sucks. Well, sabermetrics is what it is (it can't suck, it's just numbers)...it's the truth that sucks and makes for boring baseball.

Move the fences waaaayyy back and don't count foul balls as strikes. Might get contact back into the game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
willie key said:
Jopal78! said:

I believe they are the worst. Or they were. But that might have changed. At this point who cares. Our bullpen sucks

This is exactly what I was getting at. I guess they are trying hard so no big deal to some here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
Could have feasibly swept this series. Now will lose it. Very disappointing.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply