LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
I guess MAYBE not using Pomeranz makes sense, if he's assuming he will need him to be the long man after Davies almost assuredly gets shelled early tomorrow. But even still, could have/should have manged the BP situation MUCH better in that inning.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:46 PM Post
Oxy said:
Harvey'sWBs said:
owbc said:
It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

This is true, and it sucks. Well, sabermetrics is what it is (it can't suck, it's just numbers)...it's the truth that sucks and makes for boring baseball.[/quote

No arguments from me on this point. I wonder how long it will take MLB to figure this out? It seems they can’t move past the “dingerz=eyeballs” business model.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:47 PM Post
A bunt down third I would have advocated here being down two. There is no one even close

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
Good grief. If anyone in the Brewers bullpen throws that pitch, it’s still flying. What a season...

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:50 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
Good grief. If anyone in the Brewers bullpen throws that pitch, it’s still flying. What a season...

No idea how Yelich of all people misses that pitch. Baffling.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:50 PM Post
We kind of stink

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:51 PM Post
But for beating up on the Pirates the Brewers would be a losing club.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
This one hurts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:55 PM Post
Over all our pitching stinks and was priority 1 at the deadline, but man our offence is pathetic . We can make mediocre pitches look like cy young. Homerun or nothing. It's seems to be this way for the most forever.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
This game was a microcosm of the Brewers' season. Offense not taking care of opportunities, and a bullpen that is on razor wire.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:57 PM Post
Two steps forward and two steps back with this team, it continues to be that way the entire summer. Just when you think they might be starting to come out of it they have a couple bad losses and go right back into the ditch.

I don't see more than 85 wins out of this bunch. When it's August and you still don't even have a positive run differential...you probably are what you are.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 4:59 PM Post
Really trash loss. Hader is underwhelming lately.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:01 PM Post
Ehh ... crappy loss, but tomorrow is a new day. Take out the trash at Wrigley this weekend, and all is forgiven.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:01 PM Post
MoreTrife said:
Really trash loss. Hader is underwhelming lately.

I tire a little of hearing the "he's the most valuable reliever in MLB and it's not close" statement.

He's great. But this is hyperbole. He's not perfect.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:04 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Oxy said:
Harvey'sWBs said:
owbc said:
It's easier to score 2 runs on a walk+HR than it is to load the bases and hit a single.

This is like the urtext of sabermetrics.

This is true, and it sucks. Well, sabermetrics is what it is (it can't suck, it's just numbers)...it's the truth that sucks and makes for boring baseball.

Move the fences waaaayyy back and don't count foul balls as strikes. Might get contact back into the game.

It's infuriating that they have allowed the game to get so boring when there are easy solutions available. At the very least they need to make it easier to steal bases.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:07 PM Post
All I ask for is one...just one 6 or 7 game winning streak the rest of the way...that could be enough right there. Start this weekend, please...wait...nevermind, Davies pitches tomorrow...not going to happen.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:10 PM Post
Just realised how poor Yaz batting average has been for the last 30 games.
Was hitting .211 for the last 30 games going into today.
Decent OBP though .360.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:11 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
This game was a microcosm of the Brewers' season. Offense not taking care of opportunities, and a bullpen that is on razor wire.

Yep.

Quote   Reply 
Brewcrewin07 said:
All I ask for is one...just one 6 or 7 game winning streak the rest of the way...that could be enough right there. Start this weekend, please...wait...nevermind, Davies pitches tomorrow...not going to happen.

This is still true. Lots of time to get hot. Take at least 2/3 from the Cubs this weekend and all is well enough.

Quote   Reply 
Finding ways to lose....I would say the last two years we've been overachieving and this year is just averaging the situation out. I get the lack of talent and failure/ injuries with the pitching but the offense continually has no excuse. Stearns, I'm sure was relying on the offense to bail out the pitching and it simply hasn't been happening.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply