LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:19 PM Post
How long can they go with nobody besides Arcia who can play short?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3 -- Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut; Bullpen blows lead by allowing 4 runs over final 2 innings]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

Until he gets hurt? It's slightly annoying that it limits their ability to double switch for him, but with all the off days coming up it shouldn't be much of a concern unless he gets hurt in the first inning or something like that. I'm sure they'll remedy the situation before too long.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

Won't be that big of a risk if arcia keeps having 6 hit series...but they will need someone competent on the roster soon. With the off days built in for august, they may roll the dice until Sept roster expansion.

No good utility IF option on the bench could be a double switch problem late in games though

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-01: Brewers (Anderson) at Athletics (Bailey) 2:37 PM CDT [Trent Grisham’s MLB Debut]
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:33 PM Post
willie key said:
Jopal78! said:
It just seems to me no team cashes In Fewer runners on third with zero or one out than Milwaukee

I believe they are the worst. Or they were. But that might have changed. At this point who cares. Our bullpen sucks

According to Baseball Reference the Brewers are the worst in the NL at scoring runners from third with less than 2 out. They have a success rate of about 42% compared to a league average of about 51% and a high of about 58% (Rockies).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:40 PM Post
Ugh went to meet a friend in a bar for happy hour to watch the last couple of innings, after Hader walked the first batter I said "Hader is going to blow this", the ball was headed out of the park before I finished the sentence.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 5:48 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

We all dream of a team of Travis Shaw’s. (Sing that line to yellow submarine by the Beatles

1. Shaw Ss
2. Shaw 3b
3. Shaw C
4. Shaw 1b
5. Shaw 2b
6. Shaw Lf
7. Shaw Rf
8. Cain Cf
9. Shaw P

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
Anybody else getting slightly (just slightly) concerned about Hader? More and more he seems to be becoming a high fastball one-trick pony. Granted, that one-trick is really good, but I think more and more that the good hitters are going to catch up with that. Hitters seem to be having little trouble with fastballs that he gets down in the zone. He's now up to giving up 1.9 HR/9 which is a concerning number for a late inning reliever. HR/FB percentage is above 20%, and I don't think that's a flukey number with as many high fastballs that he throws, and his GB% is so low that it almost looks like a misprint. Last year he was throwing sliders over 20% of the time, but so far this year he's been at 88+% fastballs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 6:11 PM Post
JosephC said:
Anybody else getting slightly (just slightly) concerned about Hader? More and more he seems to be becoming a high fastball one-trick pony. Granted, that one-trick is really good, but I think more and more that the good hitters are going to catch up with that. Hitters seem to be having little trouble with fastballs that he gets down in the zone. He's now up to giving up 1.9 HR/9 which is a concerning number for a late inning reliever. HR/FB percentage is above 20%, and I don't think that's a flukey number with as many high fastballs that he throws, and his GB% is so low that it almost looks like a misprint. Last year he was throwing sliders over 20% of the time, but so far this year he's been at 88+% fastballs.

Yes, but it doesn’t help that he has been the only reliable reliever. If you are counted on for every important situation because there’s no one else, you are going to start failing at some point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 6:21 PM Post
mtrebs said:
JosephC said:

Yes, but it doesn’t help that he has been the only reliable reliever. If you are counted on for every important situation because there’s no one else, you are going to start failing at some point.

True. The magic of Hader was he could pop up at any time well rested and blow people up. Now you know when he's coming. Back to back games it all makes him just another closer type but one who basically has one pitch. The Knebel Jeffress Hader pen made him a dangerous cat. Now not so much.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 6:52 PM Post
Knebel was a devastating injury. They're not winning 96 with him or anything, but it changed the whole complexion of this team. Imagine if you had him just to spell Hader sometimes or if you just stuck him out there as a traditional closer. I don't know what his WAR would've been but I truly believe there are a handful or so of games this year where he could've turned the tide.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 7:28 PM Post
[sad]
Bulldogboy said:
mtrebs said:
JosephC said:

True. The magic of Hader was he could pop up at any time well rested and blow people up. Now you know when he's coming. Back to back games it all makes him just another closer type but one who basically has one pitch. The Knebel Jeffress Hader pen made him a dangerous cat. Now not so much.

I am getting more concerned with Counsels decision making. Not available means not available.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 01, 2019, 8:12 PM Post
It getting a bit of a concern with Josh wonder if there some type of injury.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  [ 352 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply