LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 216 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1202
Looks like it's time to play the young ones. Who else comes up and gets a shot now? If Grisham is for real this will be an exciting group next year.

Valar Morghulis


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
Posts: 894
Bat Grisham 1.
Bat Hiura 2.
Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Moose and Braun logically at 4-5, though. Too bad Braun cannot play hardly more than a part-timer, anymore, though.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
Posts: 17946
Just throw Grandal out so we don't have to see him hit again today.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:05 PM Post
Posts: 970
The kid having a good game. Something enjoyable to watch thankfully this afternoon.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1611
CC just sitting there hoping Grandal doesn't make him go get him after a correct strike three call for the second time in less than a month.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:07 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1202
Speaking of the young guns let's get a pitching coach in the offseason that can help them. Argue what you want about the pitchers throwing the pitches but Hook does not deserve a job, that much has been clear for awhile.

Valar Morghulis


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:07 PM Post
Posts: 1904
Play Grisham from here on out. Cain and Braun don't exactly scream future.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
Posts: 822
Aguilar has hit the ball well since leaving. I thought that might be a good trade for the rays. I could see him tearing it up the rest of the year

Good for him


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:09 PM Post
Posts: 894
willie key said:
Aguilar has hit the ball well since leaving. I thought that might be a good trade for the rays. I could see him tearing it up the rest of the year

Good for him

How's Faria doing in San Antonio?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:09 PM Post
Posts: 250
treego14 said:
Bat Grisham 1.
Bat Hiura 2.
Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Moose and Braun logically at 4-5, though. Too bad Braun cannot play hardly more than a part-timer, anymore, though.

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
Posts: 17946
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
Posts: 894
timpep said:
treego14 said:
Bat Grisham 1.
Bat Hiura 2.
Bat Yelich 3.

You can flip-flop 2 and 3 if you want ... everybody else ... whatever will be, will be.

Moose and Braun logically at 4-5, though. Too bad Braun cannot play hardly more than a part-timer, anymore, though.

Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

How is he doing in games started, though, I wonder?
He does do a fair-share of pinch-hitting.
For instance, Braun has played in virtually the same number of games (one less) than Cain with 15 fewer walks at that ... and still has more than 80 less AB's than does Cain at the beginning of today.


Last edited by treego14 on August 04, 2019, 3:15 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12676
Location: Milwaukee, WI
timpep said:
Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Misconceptions about Braun? You don’t say.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:11 PM Post
Posts: 894
adambr2 said:
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

[laughing] Eat some watermelon or have a nice bowl of soup with a few crackers. Calm down! [laughing]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:12 PM Post
Posts: 17946
treego14 said:
adambr2 said:
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

[laughing] Eat some watermelon or have a nice bowl of soup with a few crackers. Calm down! [laughing]


I'm only kidding. Mostly.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:13 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1202
Brew4U said:
timpep said:
Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Misconceptions about Braun? You don’t say.


Maybe the facts have been lost in the chain of custody... LOL

Valar Morghulis


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:14 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6322
adambr2 said:
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

The scary thing about that is they are going to bring someone up to play backup SS at some point. If they send Grisham down as the corresponding move I will be furious.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1611
phnxcrew said:
Looks like it's time to play the young ones. Who else comes up and gets a shot now? If Grisham is for real this will be an exciting group next year.


The sad thing about our farm is that we're legitimately out of young, good position players that could come up. There's a few pitchers at least.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:16 PM Post
Posts: 822
Brew4U said:
timpep said:
Braun is right near the top in games played. Only yelich Grandal and Arcia have more. And only by a small amount.

Misconceptions about Braun? You don’t say.



Honestly Braun needs to become a first baseman next year. I’m not sold on Thames being the full time guy next year. Cain will probably be here so you have to give this Grisham guy a chance. Cain, Yelich, Grisham, gamel outfield. Make Braun play first

If we had a choice of signing Grandal or moose next year who would you choose

I’m almost inclined to sign moose. I really don’t want to go into next year with Shaw at third. He might bounce back or he might be just done. Then what the hell,do,we do


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
Posts: 822
Eye Black said:
adambr2 said:
Judging by how this years team has been managed, I fully expect Burch Smith to get called up and Trent Grisham sent down tomorrow.

The scary thing about that is they are going to bring someone up to play backup SS at some point. If they send Grisham down as the corresponding move I will be furious.


Shaw needs to go down


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 216 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: sveumrules and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test