LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 216 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]
Posted: August 04, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
This organization really needs Grisham or Ray to be above average players. We are going to have holes all throughout our batting lineup in the coming years. Stearns will need to hit on some more Shaw/Thames/Aguilar types of acquisitions.

The pitching staff is young and going to get younger in the next couple of years.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]
Posted: August 04, 2019, 4:02 PM Post
Just play Braun at 1B some. Man, it ain’t really that hard of a place to play.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]
Posted: August 04, 2019, 4:02 PM Post
7 singles, 2 solo home runs, 15 strikeouts

That's just the most Brewers thing ever....

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 4:13 PM Post
Eye Black said:
In the postgame interview Counsell said Grisham will start some games in Pittsburgh which I interpreted as meaning more than one.

[laughing] Yay! [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 4:40 PM Post
Brew4U said:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gzDYgRc6eic

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 5:17 PM Post
Brew4U said:

Hasn't Yelich also played quite a bit of 1B?

Although I don't think they want Braun playing anywhere but LF anymore and I think Grisham is pretty limited to either LF or CF.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 5:57 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

Although I don't think they want Braun playing anywhere but LF anymore and I think Grisham is pretty limited to either LF or CF.

According to Baseball Reference, Yelich has never played 1B in MLB. And there’s no reason to put him there. He’s an excellent corner outfielder and, because his arm isn’t strong, he’s perfectly suited for LF.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) [Brewers lose, 7-2 -- Only runs come via solo HRs from Yelich and Grisham]
Posted: August 04, 2019, 6:28 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

CC mentioned him playing there with Grisham getting the call.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 6:45 PM Post
1B? Or RF?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 7:00 PM Post
adambr2 said:
1B? Or RF?

1B

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 7:07 PM Post
Yeah, that's probably the way to go.

Just straight up replacing Cain 2 or 3 times a week in CF isn't a bad idea either if he can play at least a passable CF.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 8:51 PM Post
The team is off kilter. Nothing seems to be working. I would keep pressing. The most important wins are in the end. Ask Moose and Cain about getting hot at the right time.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 04, 2019, 8:52 PM Post
Just think, we have 3 more years at 15 million per pop to watch Cain continue to downslide. That is not a good thing.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 04, 2019, 10:46 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
What a waste of money Grandal has been.

Huh? He's a catcher with a .374 OBP and an .850 OPS. He's been worth almost 4 wins already. He's been an absolute steal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 05, 2019, 3:45 AM Post
turborickey said:
Just think, we have 3 more years at 15 million per pop to watch Cain continue to downslide. That is not a good thing.

Yeah I don't know how you can justify giving a 5 year $80 million dollar contract to a 30 yer old unless he's a borderline Hall of Famer, which he's not. A pretty nice player, but not Hall of Fame material. Hopefully DS can move him this winter.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-04: Brewers (Houser) at Cubs (Darvish) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 05, 2019, 3:47 AM Post
cdf353535 said:
PinaMadness said:
What a waste of money Grandal has been.

Huh? He's a catcher with a .374 OBP and an .850 OPS. He's been worth almost 4 wins already. He's been an absolute steal.

I see you're new here so I'll give you a tip on posting here. Click on the full editor button and you'll see an option for sarcasm.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  [ 216 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply