LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers win, 9-7 -- Yelich hits two HRs; Bullpen hangs on late]

Author Message
Offline  2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) [Brewers win, 9-7 -- Yelich hits two HRs; Bullpen hangs on late]
#1

Posted: August 05, 2019, 5:20 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6332
Image
Image

Brewers Lineup       	          Pirates Lineup

1. Trent Grisham (L) LF 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B
2. Yasmani Grandal (S) C 2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF
3. Christian Yelich (L) RF 3. Starling Marte (R) CF
4. Keston Hiura (R) 2B 4. Josh Bell (S) 1B
5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 5. Jose Osuna (R) RF
6. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF 6. Colin Moran (L) 3B
7. Eric Thames (L) 1B 7. Kevin Newman (R) SS
8. Orlando Arcia (R) SS 8. Elias Diaz (R) C
9. Jordan Lyles (R) P 9. Dario Agrazal (R) P



Jordan Lyles: Batter (Pirates) vs Pitching Stats

Dario Agrazal: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#2

Posted: August 05, 2019, 7:25 AM Post
Posts: 1715
Location: Madison, WI
Timing couldn't be worse for Milwaukee as Pittsburgh is on a miserable 4-18 run, which means now is right around the time they will start winning some games. Pittsburgh are not a good team, but they are nowhere near as bad as 4-18.

Since the All-Star break:
Starling Marte = .311/.351/.656/1.006
Bryan Reynolds = .304/.385/.430/.815

And then there is everybody else:
Kevin Newman = .265/.315/.277/.592
Adam Frazier = .208/.288/.292/.579
Josh Bell = .186/.305/.243/.548
Colin Moran = .219/.282/.313/.594
Melky Cabrera = .235/.250/.333/.583
Elias Diaz = .188/.220/.229/.449

Six regulars with an OPS <.600 over a 22 game stretch.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#3

Posted: August 05, 2019, 7:35 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1087
I suppose this could be taken as jinxing but I've been impressed all year how the Brewers have been able to neutralize Josh Bell, a guy who has otherwise had a really impressive season:

Bell vs Brewers in 2019: .120/.237/.220, 19 K in 59 PA, tOPS+ of 3!!!

Granted he has a .161 BABIP against us too, but I don't think this is a fluke. Brewers seem to know how to pitch him.

Given the number of guys who seem to just annihilate Brewers pitching, it's nice to see us doing a good job against at least one great hitter.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#4

Posted: August 05, 2019, 9:20 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1744
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
JosephC said:
Timing couldn't be worse for Milwaukee as Pittsburgh is on a miserable 4-18 run, which means now is right around the time they will start winning some games. Pittsburgh are not a good team, but they are nowhere near as bad as 4-18.

Since the All-Star break:
Starling Marte = .311/.351/.656/1.006
Bryan Reynolds = .304/.385/.430/.815

And then there is everybody else:
Kevin Newman = .265/.315/.277/.592
Adam Frazier = .208/.288/.292/.579
Josh Bell = .186/.305/.243/.548
Colin Moran = .219/.282/.313/.594
Melky Cabrera = .235/.250/.333/.583
Elias Diaz = .188/.220/.229/.449

Six regulars with an OPS <.600 over a 22 game stretch.


It wouldn't surprise me if we went to a Pirate forum and someone would write a similar post only switch the teams around. [wink]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#5

Posted: August 05, 2019, 9:58 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3125
this is my last chance to catch the brewers in town and I cant make any of the games [sad] first season in the last 11 that I have not made it to one brewers game, so bummed

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.


Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#6

Posted: August 05, 2019, 1:45 PM Post
Posts: 3817
This upcoming series is their one last gasp to salvage any chance of making the playoffs, and even sweeping the Pirates doesn't improve their odds much.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#7

Posted: August 05, 2019, 1:46 PM Post
Posts: 636
1. Trent Grisham (L) LF
2. Yasmani Grandal (S) C
3. Christian Yelich (L) RF
4. Keston Hiura (R) 2B
5. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B
6. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF
7. Eric Thames (L) 1B
8. Orlando Arcia (R) SS
9. Jordan Lyles (R) P


Really digging the look of this lineup. About time Cain moves out of the leadoff spot when he's starting


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#8

Posted: August 05, 2019, 1:55 PM Post
Posts: 11125
I find it shocking Thames has never lead off this year and has hardly batted second. 3rd highest OBP on the team and his walk rate likely rivals anyone on team.

Sure, maybe not terrible he hits 5th often...but jeez. He could actually get on base for people.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#9

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:01 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5415
Location: Phoenix, AZ
MrTPlush said:
I find it shocking Thames has never lead off this year and has hardly batted second. 3rd highest OBP on the team and his walk rate likely rivals anyone on team.

Sure, maybe not terrible he hits 5th often...but jeez. He could actually get on base for people.


Thames OBP is needed at the bottom of the order but it would pay off more if the pitcher were batting 8th instead of 9th. Though Thames would have to be batting 6th for that to work.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#10

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12695
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Uh, why does his OBP matter in the bottom of the order? So Arcia can strikeout with men on?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#11

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 937
PinaMadness said:
This upcoming series is their one last gasp to salvage any chance of making the playoffs, and even sweeping the Pirates doesn't improve their odds much.

Well, I think a Brewers sweep along with the Cubs having a series against the tough A's and the Cardinals having a series against the tough Dodgers will help considerably. I am hoping that the A's and Dodgers continue their good run of very good baseball -- the A's just got done sweeping the Cardinals.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#12

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
Posts: 937
Brew4U said:
Uh, why does his OBP matter in the bottom of the order? So Arcia can strikeout with men on?

Arcia appears afraid of the pitched ball ... does anyone besides me see him stepping away from the plate when he swings? He has his "foot in the bucket" almost always, it appears. Are my eyes deceiving me?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#13

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5415
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Brew4U said:
Uh, why does his OBP matter in the bottom of the order? So Arcia can strikeout with men on?


To clear the pitcher that's why. If you have low OBP players in the 5-7 part of your batting order you will have your pitcher leading off an inning which is normally an automatic out.

You need to have a player who can put up a decent OBP either 5th or 6th preferably 6th. Then you have a player who is high contact batting 7th and another high OBP player hitting 9th.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#14

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:43 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
I can't believe it, CC finally figured out how to stagger RH and LH hitters in the lineup. Or maybe he just drew names out of a hat and it happened to work out that way? Not sure, but I like the lineup.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#15

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:45 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
Also see link below, hopefully it works. Filter down to see atbats against this specific pitcher. I feel like it's a friggin miracle that this guy threw 6 innings of 2 run ball against us. My guess is this dude gets absolutely shelled today.

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed ... e=2019-7-6


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#16

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 5079
KeithStone53151 said:
I can't believe it, CC finally figured out how to stagger RH and LH hitters in the lineup. Or maybe he just drew names out of a hat and it happened to work out that way? Not sure, but I like the lineup.


He's staggered them all season against RHP.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Twitter: @MKEHiker
Website: http://www.mkehiker.com


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#17

Posted: August 05, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12695
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Well hopefully Grandal remembers how to hit soon or we have another hole atop the lineup like Cain has been.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#18

Posted: August 05, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
Posts: 4851
Location: New Berlin, WI
Brew4U said:
Well hopefully Grandal remembers how to hit soon or we have another hole atop the lineup like Cain has been.


I hope he hits 2 dingers today and this comment looks terrible at 8 pm...I'm sure you do as well


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#19

Posted: August 05, 2019, 3:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12695
Location: Milwaukee, WI
KeithStone53151 said:
Brew4U said:
Well hopefully Grandal remembers how to hit soon or we have another hole atop the lineup like Cain has been.


I hope he hits 2 dingers today and this comment looks terrible at 8 pm...I'm sure you do as well


I sure do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-05: Brewers (Lyles) at Pirates (Agrazal) 6:05 PM CDT
#20

Posted: August 05, 2019, 4:09 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2128
Brew4U said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Brew4U said:
Well hopefully Grandal remembers how to hit soon or we have another hole atop the lineup like Cain has been.


I hope he hits 2 dingers today and this comment looks terrible at 8 pm...I'm sure you do as well


I sure do.

Well, to help with the karma... Grandal is crap, he can't call a decent game, his pitch framing is horrible, he couldn't throw out the runners in a three legged race from 1st base to 2nd. I'd be surprised if he makes contact tonight with his latest slump... Arcia blindfolded is a better hitter than Grandal...

JosephC said:
Stearns probably had no interest in getting a C because the Brewers need a C. It makes much more sense to trade for 3B when it's not needed, and then move the other 3B to 2B, then trade for a 2B, but since the 3B is now at 2B, then the new 2B goes to SS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test