LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next  [ 240 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Anderson with another solid outing; Faria pitches two scoreless in Brewers debut; Albers notches the save]

Author Message
Offline  2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) [Brewers win, 4-3 -- Anderson with another solid outing; Faria pitches two scoreless in Brewers debut; Albers notches the save]
#1

Posted: August 06, 2019, 6:25 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6754
Image
Image

Brewers Lineup       	          Pirates Lineup

1. Lorenzo Cain (R) CF 1. 
2. Keston Hiura (R) 2B 2. 
3. Mike Moustakas (L) 3B 3. 
4. Ryan Braun (R) RF 4. 
5. Yasmani Grandal (S) 1B 5. 
6. Manny Pina (R) C 6. 
7. Trent Grisham (L) LF 7. 
8. Orlando Arcia (R) SS 8. 
9. Chase Anderson (R) P 9. 



Chase Anderson: Batter (Pirates) vs Pitching Stats

Steven Brault: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#2

Posted: August 06, 2019, 8:24 AM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
This is the Brewers 4th time facing Brault in a very short span. 6/9, 6/30, and 7/5. Lots of high exit velocities against this guy the last few times as well. He's also rejoining the rotation after missing a month. All signs in my opinion lead to us shelling this guy.

Cain
Yelich
Braun
Hiura
Moose
Grandal 1B
Pina
Arcia


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#3

Posted: August 06, 2019, 8:33 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13808
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Grisham-LF
Cain- CF
Yelich- RF
Braun- 1B
Hiura- 2B
Moose- 3B
Pina- C
Arcia- SS

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#4

Posted: August 06, 2019, 8:39 AM Post
Posts: 3017
I would like to see Grisham against a lefty but don't think it happens here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#5

Posted: August 06, 2019, 8:41 AM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
Outlander said:
I would like to see Grisham against a lefty but don't think it happens here.


Brault's slider is very meh, he's a very fastball-heavy pitcher. So it would actually make some sense to try Grisham today. We'll see though, hard to see Braun or Cain sitting...so unless Braun is ready for 1b, it isn't happening.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#6

Posted: August 06, 2019, 8:53 AM Post
Posts: 2360
To me I am shocked that they continue to roll with all these lefties and no back up shortstop. Shaw didn't even play last night against a righty. What is he bringing to the table? The Pina catching Grandal at first lineup is not great in my opinion. The fact that they don't even have a right handed pinch hitter is embarrassing. If Gamel has lost his spot to Grisham maybe they do have to send him out and bring back Perez. You can't go like this another week can you?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#7

Posted: August 06, 2019, 9:04 AM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
Bulldogboy said:
To me I am shocked that they continue to roll with all these lefties and no back up shortstop. Shaw didn't even play last night against a righty. What is he bringing to the table? The Pina catching Grandal at first lineup is not great in my opinion. The fact that they don't even have a right handed pinch hitter is embarrassing. If Gamel has lost his spot to Grisham maybe they do have to send him out and bring back Perez. You can't go like this another week can you?


The decision would more likely be Shaw out than Gamel I would think? Moose and Hiura play just about every day, Shaw is going to scrounge a couple starts a week mostly at 1b...those 2 guys sit maybe once a week combined? So really you look at both guys and ask which is better in PH duty...as that is the primary role for both guys right now. I think Gamel right now is the better producer at the plate, and then factoring in the clutch factor...it's a no brainer for me. Send Shaw down and bring him back in September.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#8

Posted: August 06, 2019, 9:07 AM Post
Posts: 541
KeithStone53151 said:
Outlander said:
I would like to see Grisham against a lefty but don't think it happens here.


Brault's slider is very meh, he's a very fastball-heavy pitcher. So it would actually make some sense to try Grisham today. We'll see though, hard to see Braun or Cain sitting...so unless Braun is ready for 1b, it isn't happening.


Cain hurt his leg last night and CC likes that excuse to make picking a starting lineup easier the following day though


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#9

Posted: August 06, 2019, 9:09 AM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
Devinep said:
Cain hurt his leg last night and CC likes that excuse to make picking a starting lineup easier the following day though


If Cain sits, I would almost guarantee we'll see Grisham out there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#10

Posted: August 06, 2019, 10:17 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2481
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
If Cain hurt his leg why was he allowed to return to the game last night?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#11

Posted: August 06, 2019, 10:57 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3187
I thought today was a bullpen day? is that tomorrow?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.


Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#12

Posted: August 06, 2019, 11:56 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1753
Devinep said:
KeithStone53151 said:
Outlander said:
I would like to see Grisham against a lefty but don't think it happens here.


Brault's slider is very meh, he's a very fastball-heavy pitcher. So it would actually make some sense to try Grisham today. We'll see though, hard to see Braun or Cain sitting...so unless Braun is ready for 1b, it isn't happening.


Cain hurt his leg last night and CC likes that excuse to make picking a starting lineup easier the following day though


This would be the lamest time CC uses that excuse after that awesome overhead catch that happened a couple innings after the owie.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#13

Posted: August 06, 2019, 1:58 PM Post
Posts: 12552
Braun in RF, spare us all. Then again we toss Thames out there all the time so I guess not much difference.

Regarding not having an extra SS. When your starting SS is a total pile is there even a point to having another on the roster? Why even back up one of the worst positional players in baseball, honestly. If there was anyone worthy of a MLB roster spot they could probably just take Arcia's job. Might as well risk Shaw or someone else at SS for less than a game to allow yourself a better bat on the bench.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#14

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:03 PM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
What a weird lineup. Below is official. Not the lineup I would have picked, but hopefully it works out.

Cain
Hiura
Moose
Braun RF
Grandal 1B
Pina
Grisham LF
Arcia


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#15

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:04 PM Post
Posts: 765
Over/under 2 runs scored with Yeli on the bench?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#16

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 5274
Location: New Berlin, WI
brooks_quichenick said:
Over/under 2 runs scored with Yeli on the bench?


Even without Yeli, we're gonna shell this guy.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#17

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1384
KeithStone53151 said:
brooks_quichenick said:
Over/under 2 runs scored with Yeli on the bench?


Even without Yeli, we're gonna shell this guy.


When’s the last time we actually shelled a starter? Also, why hasn’t Ken Griffey jr. Been hitting? If he’s going to hit 600 homers he can’t have stretches like this

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#18

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:30 PM Post
Posts: 4861
Location: Madison, WI
very surprising lineup. I would've guess that Grisham would be the easier guy to transfer to RF but I guess not. Kinda surprised we'd sit Yeli after last night and with 3 off days coming in the next week. I know we want Grisham in and Cain hit his knee pretty hard last night, seemed like a good rest day for him instead but we'll see. We need a hot streak badly


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#19

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10037
tmwiese55 said:
very surprising lineup. I would've guess that Grisham would be the easier guy to transfer to RF but I guess not. Kinda surprised we'd sit Yeli after last night and with 3 off days coming in the next week. I know we want Grisham in and Cain hit his knee pretty hard last night, seemed like a good rest day for him instead but we'll see. We need a hot streak badly


I doubt we'll ever see Grisham in RF. He just doesn't have the arm to play out there. Braun is not a good defender in RF, but at least he has the arm to fake it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-06: Brewers (Anderson) at Pirates (Brault) 6:05 PM CDT
#20

Posted: August 06, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
Posts: 4861
Location: Madison, WI
Gotcha. Yea just figured if he was already moving around enough to play CF taht he'd be the easier transition. Guess not though and arm must be the reason. Yeli's arm is weak too. Oh well, I assume Braun has put in some time out there lately to refresh on it. hopefully it works.

I'm by no means one in the camp like those last year that freaked when Yeli sat out that day somewhat late in the year, I know he needs days. But with 3 off days in the next 10ish days and with how hot he's been I have to say I disagree on this one. Especially when you factor in the defensive juggling we're having to do to make it work. It's baseball though, we'll put up 8 runs tonight...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next  [ 240 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test