LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 167 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-07: Brewers (Pomeranz) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 8-3 -- Offense stays hot; Bullpen Day proves a success as Crew completes sweep]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-07: Brewers (Pomeranz) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Bullpen Day for Brewers]

Posted: August 07, 2019, 2:29 PM Post
If yelich and Cain are both injured. Does this mean we're having a bullpen day and the only 2 pinch hitters are Shaw and Pina?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-07: Brewers (Pomeranz) at Pirates (Williams) 6:05 PM CDT [Bullpen Day for Brewers]

Posted: August 07, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
Kinda sucks to have a national TV game and no yelich and a bullpen game, but oh well.

This is another reason why "upstart" teams like the Brewers don't often get on sunday night baseball. This national TV game is kinda looking like a dud.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 2:35 PM Post
https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 25731?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 2:40 PM Post
I suspect Yelich could PH if needed, but I'm guessing we'll use Shaw/Pina first. There's also a chance there's a roster move before the game...though that's getting less and less likely.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
Supak must not be ready. There isn't a more perfect time for him to get a one-off spot start to get his feet wet. He is needed, it's on the road, he's on the roster (already used his option), he's pitched well all year... I don't get it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
Oxy said:
Supak must not be ready. There isn't a more perfect time for him to get a one-off spot start to get his feet wet. He is needed, it's on the road, he's on the roster (already used his option), he's pitched well all year... I don't get it.

C'mon...the Supak love is a little over the top here...he has made 2...2AAA starts...in his first one he gave up 4 bombs...4!! He's a rookie, and everyone wants to throw him into the fire in the middle of a pennant race?? Even if it's for only one start...I'm NOT okay with that. Then again, had the Brewers gone out and did what they should have at the deadline and gotten a starter, this situation wouldn't be so dire. But, can we be careful with the Supak love here please?? I need to see ALOT more before I'm ready to anoint him. Besides, what would he go, 4 innings at most I'd bet?? No point in calling him up for that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 4:12 PM Post
Cards just got walked off by the Dodgers with 2 outs in the 9th lol.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 4:14 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Oxy said:

C'mon...the Supak love is a little over the top here...he has made 2...2AAA starts...in his first one he gave up 4 bombs...4!! He's a rookie, and everyone wants to throw him into the fire in the middle of a pennant race?? Even if it's for only one start...I'm NOT okay with that. Then again, had the Brewers gone out and did what they should have at the deadline and gotten a starter, this situation wouldn't be so dire. But, can we be careful with the Supak love here please?? I need to see ALOT more before I'm ready to anoint him. Besides, what would he go, 4 innings at most I'd bet?? No point in calling him up for that.

So, Supak must not be ready.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
Ryan Braun in RF tonight. Team player.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:09 PM Post
I guess we'd better hope no one else gets hurt? IL'ing Cain wouldn't hurt too much with his production but apparently we enjoy having no one available to play OF/ SS/ PH on a nightly basis.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:10 PM Post
Brew4U said:

In a vacuum you’d think Grisham in right would make more sense. But maybe with the lefty starting they think there might be more action in left. I wonder if Counsell will flip them when the first righty reliever enters the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:11 PM Post
Brew4U said:

In a vacuum you’d think Grisham in right would make more sense. But maybe with the lefty starting they think there might be more action in left. I wonder if Counsell will flip them when the first righty reliever enters the game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:11 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Oxy said:

Jordan Lyles (whose acquisition you hated) has matched any of the "name" guys you begged for at the deadline. Because baseball.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and examine what you are complaining about.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
I know this the second game now with Grisham leading off & Hiura cleaning up, gotta figure they're the first Brewers rookies in those lineup spots since Weeks/Fielder, er no?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:13 PM Post
The Brewers have been lucky that Williams has been hurt most of the season. He had a number of shut down outings against them last year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:15 PM Post
Hiura's slump is over.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:15 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
Oxy said:

Jordan Lyles (whose acquisition you hated) has matched any of the "name" guys you begged for at the deadline. Because baseball.

Perhaps you need to take a step back and examine what you are complaining about.

Slow down man, Lyles has looked fine so far, but there is no way his pixie dust lasts the rest of the season...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:16 PM Post
I guess Hiua didn't need a day off.......my bad

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:22 PM Post
Get ahead of the curve mr. Stearns and sign Hiura and Grisham to 8 year extensions, before it gets really expensive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 07, 2019, 5:27 PM Post
Good hustle Brauny

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next  [ 167 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply