LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 228 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen struggles resurface; Thames walk-off HR in 9th]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:32 PM Post
Might be the ugliest win of the season, but it's another W.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:32 PM Post
To play this bad a game and still win, huh. Maybe the team really is due for some winning baseball.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:33 PM Post
A necessary win to avoid a disgusting loss. But, another one that exposes the Brewers problems. There have been a lot of those this year.

Quote   Reply 
Wild card here we coooooooome!!!

Quote   Reply 
BruisedCrew said:
A necessary win to avoid a disgusting loss. But, another one that exposes the Brewers problems. There have been a lot of those this year.

Did the problems really need exposing? I think everyone in the league knows the pen is a dumpster fire.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:35 PM Post
Thames likes those August walkoff homeruns. I was at it last August when he did it.

Well for a 9 inning game with no delays, this was certainly one of the longer ones I've ever seen.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:35 PM Post
Just like they drew it up. [laughing]

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:37 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
BruisedCrew said:

Did the problems really need exposing? I think everyone in the league knows the pen is a dumpster fire.

The formula going forward needs to be Albers 6th(or 7th if starter goes 6), Pomeranz, Hader...that's your 3...lean on them Craig.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:37 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I think this season has more candidates for ugliest win of the season than any in Brewers history.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:38 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I think this season has more candidates for ugliest win of the season than any in Brewers history.

That's a lot of W's then!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:38 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
willie key said:
Can’t hader just give up a single. How can you give up this many homers.

They had to ask the same thing about Burnes. This is becoming a disturbing organizational trend.

Organization believes in pitching up in the zone, going to inherently lead to more HR.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
Everybody's pen sucks this year. The Cubs pen sucks. The Nationals pen is an absolute abomination. The Braves pen has 1-2 good pitchers. Even the Dodgers pen has been pretty average.

We can blame Chris Hook, or everyone sucking, or whatever, but the juiced ball and MLB's desire to have more dingers..... just look around the league. Everyone is saying the same thing "Our pen sucks". Not saying it doesn't suck to have to hang on by a thread every night and chew your nails off hoping some terrible reliever can somehow get outs, but the entire league is dealing with it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:39 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
BruisedCrew said:

The formula going forward needs to be Albers 6th(or 7th if starter goes 6), Pomeranz, Hader...that's your 3...lean on them Craig.

There really is no formula. There is no secret sauce. This is unsustainable when you constantly lose significant leads. At this point the pitchers just need to be better at pitching. That’s what they are paid money for.

Do your job

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:41 PM Post
Four wins in a row.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:43 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
BruisedCrew said:

Setting specific pitchers for specific innings is about the worst strategy you can have. Use them when you need them. If the biggest ABs in the game happen to come in the 6th, use Hader in the 6th. Do what you gotta do, no set roles please...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:44 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
BruisedCrew said:

I should have said “highlights” instead of “exposes”.

People can tell me “anything can happen in baseball” all they want, but I would challenge them to show me a team that has made the playoffs with (1) starting pitchers who almost never go more than 5 innings, (2) a bullpen with no consistently reliable relievers (Hader can no longer be considered consistently reliable), and (3) a middle of the pack offense.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen struggles resurface, but Thames walk-off HR in 9th wins it]
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:44 PM Post
Got a free shot from the bar since the stream was wayyyyyyy behind my phone. Like 10 minutes behind.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-09: Rangers (Allard) at Brewers (González) [Brewers win, 6-5 -- Bullpen struggles resurface, but Thames walk-off HR in 9th wins it]
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:45 PM Post
W is a W. Many more are coming. Prolly not that many against the Dodgers though...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:48 PM Post
BA has a knack for foreshadowing. His words right before the pitch were “send this one into the seats”. I can remember a handful of times he’s done that this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 09, 2019, 10:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Wild card here we coooooooome!!!

Division or bust!

We are NL Central Champs!

Defend the Crown!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next  [ 228 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply