LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 135 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-10: Rangers (Payano) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 3-2]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-10: Rangers (Payano) at Brewers (Houser) 6:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 10, 2019, 8:32 PM Post
willie key said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
willie key said:
Who’s up for us in the ninth. I’m assuming this will be blown. Hopefully keep it a tie game

LOL ... this aged well.

The beautiful reverse jinx

I don’t even know if it had time to age

Yeah, I think that was the quickest three outs they've gotten this year. I totally get why you weren't optimistic that the pen would get out of it. It's pretty much pins and needles time whenever any reliever is in the game now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 8:40 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Yeah, I think that was the quickest three outs they've gotten this year. I totally get why you weren't optimistic that the pen would get out of it. It's pretty much pins and needles time whenever any reliever is in the game now.

It’s going to make everyone nervous. I think we are going to have to get use to that

Whoever gets the call just has to do the job. It’s probably a good idea to go to the store from the 7th inning on. Or do laundry

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
Why are we only winning without the good players? Maybe we should’ve had an AA bullpen and zero starters the whole time

Valar Morghulis

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 8:47 PM Post
Corbin Burnes with an "EEK" line tonight for San Antonio. Nine ERs in 2 2/3 innings. Something tells me he won't be up again until September, and when (if?) he does come back up, he'll be the designated mop-up guy ... perhaps a step above Perez.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 8:54 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Corbin Burnes with an "EEK" line tonight for San Antonio. Nine ERs in 2 2/3 innings. Something tells me he won't be up again until September, and when (if?) he does come back up, he'll be the designated mop-up guy ... perhaps a step above Perez.

Hands down. The biggest disappointment of the year

More than Shaw

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 9:03 PM Post
willie key said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Hands down. The biggest disappointment of the year

More than Shaw

If I could know that it would have made the difference in 1 game in the NLCS and put us in the World Series, I would gladly have given up Burnes now to get Machado like the Orioles wanted. I hate that I just said that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 9:12 PM Post
adambr2 said:
If I could know that it would have made the difference in 1 game in the NLCS and put us in the World Series, I would gladly have given up Burnes now to get Machado like the Orioles wanted. I hate that I just said that.

Yeah, that feels gross, but you have to take that deal every day of the week, and twice on Sundays.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

I think it is a big "if" at this point. We'll be able to cover innings with Black, Jackson, Wilkerson, Williams, maybe Supak all available to come up in September, Woodruff, Davies, Chacin, and looking likely Suter all being activated. More importantly, something is very wrong and it's not getting solved.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
adambr2 said:
Grisham is really fun to watch. Everything he does just resembles a veteran, not a guy with under 2 weeks of MLB experience. Baserunning instincts, plate discipline, and a pretty sweet swing and lots of hard contact.

While I don't expect him to match Hiura as an MLB hitter, I see no reason to think he isn't going to be a very good player in this league.

This was my biggest takeaway from the game tonight. Grisham was stinging the ball and moving well on the bases. He even made a solid throw from the warning track to 2B on a single. He looks the part of a solid major leaguer.

We can bemoan the lack of impact talent in the farm system, or worry about the players that seemingly took steps backward this year, but Grisham is looking more and more like an unequivocal development success story. Assuming it isn’t a mirage, this seems like a huge boon for the organization. Having another top half of the order type bat to pair with Keston Hiura for years to come is a significant addition.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 10:14 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

There is no way Burnes should be brought back at this point. He hasn't earned the promotion and we can afford to have him pitching in games that matter. Looking forward to Suter though.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-10: Rangers (Payano) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 3-2]
Posted: August 10, 2019, 10:19 PM Post
Maybe I should only watch the Brewers when I go to the games. Tonight’s win makes it 10-1 for the season. On TV they don’t do so well.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-10: Rangers (Payano) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 3-2]
Posted: August 10, 2019, 10:28 PM Post
I'm sure everyone else who was eagerly waiting this saw it hit their YouTube feed, but here's the Jomboy breakdown of Houser. His videos are just the greatest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqClJrEwiik

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 10:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
folly412 said:
I'm sure everyone else who was eagerly waiting this saw it hit their YouTube feed, but here's the Jomboy breakdown of Houser. His videos are just the greatest.

Good god that was funny but should throw disclaimer in there....... NSFL. (not safe for life) if you can't handle seeing someone puking.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 10, 2019, 10:48 PM Post
Global Moderator
folly412 said:

Good god that was funny but should throw disclaimer in there....... NSFL. (not safe for life) if you can't handle seeing someone puking.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 8:26 AM Post
I think I won’t watch the video. Some things are better left to the imagination or ignored completely.

I was at the game and didn’t realize what happened right away. After Houser muffed that easy dribbler, I probably looked away and looked up to see the trainer coming out. So, my immediate thought was that he had hurt himself. It was only when I saw the trainer “cleaning up” behind the mound that I knew what happened.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 135 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply