LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 134 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-11: Rangers (Minor) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers lose, 1-0]

Online  Re: 2019-08-11: Rangers (Minor) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers lose, 1-0]
Posted: August 11, 2019, 4:29 PM Post
Global Moderator
Lefties we've beat...

Quintana (twice), Urias, Caleb Ferguson, Ryu, Freeland, Matz, Vargas, Caleb Smith, Brault (four times!), MadBum, Keuchel, Alex Young, Lester, Brett Anderson, Kolby Allard.

Lefties who beat us...

Hamels (thrice), Urias, Kershaw, Matz, Lester, Max Fried (twice), Devin Smetzler, Pomeranz (do we get this one back? hafta call the league office), MadBum, Luchessi, Logan Allen, Matt Strahm, Marco Gonzalez, Quintana (twice), Minor.

By my count we are 12-15 vs "good" lefties (better than league average FIP) & 7-4 vs "bad" lefties (worse than league average FIP), for whatever that is or isn't worth.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 4:36 PM Post
If Hurdle gets fired, we should fire Murphy and hire Clint as our new bench coach. Counsell can learn a lot from him, especially with how to handle the pitching staff.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 4:39 PM Post
Global Moderator
Call me crazy, but I don't see Counsell firing the guy who was his head coach in college (& someone he considers a mentor) so he can bring in Clint Hurdle to tell him he needs to order his pitchers to throw at more people's heads.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-11: Rangers (Minor) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers lose, 1-0]
Posted: August 11, 2019, 4:43 PM Post
Global Moderator
Clint Hurdle is something baseball can moce on from, for all I care.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 4:56 PM Post
Anyone wondering why the Cardinals are where they are...look no further than their after ASB schedule...a ridiculous 9 games already against the Pirates in which they are 8-1.., 4 against the Reds(3-1), 3 against Arizona...2-1....13-3 against those teams since the all star break..Against the actual good teams they have played since the All star break..Cubs, Dodgers, Houston, Oakland..3-8. And now they get to play KC...Schedule matters and when you play someone matters, the Cardinals are living proof of that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 5:03 PM Post
Hurdle is misunderstood around these parts. Other than this year, gets his players to consistently play above their talent level, year after year. In the rare years when they had talent, got them to win almost 100 games. Absolutely great manager, great motivator, players love him.

His pitching Philosophy is pitch up and in > smart, since studies have shown ave down after the high and tight one, and after the hit by pitch. If the team you were managing was consistently outmanned talent wise, wouldn’t you try to gain any advantage you could over your opponent?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 5:06 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Hurdle is misunderstood around these parts. Other than this year, gets his players to consistently play above their talent level, year after year. In the rare years when they had talent, got them to win almost 100 games. Absolutely great manager, great motivator, players love him.

His pitching Philosophy is pitch up and in > smart, since studies have shown ave down after the high and tight one, and after the hit by pitch. If the team you were managing was consistently outmanned talent wise, wouldn’t you try to gain any advantage you could over your opponent?

His gum chewing sucks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 5:12 PM Post
sveumrules said:
Lefties we've beat...

Quintana (twice), Urias, Caleb Ferguson, Ryu, Freeland, Matz, Vargas, Caleb Smith, Brault (four times!), MadBum, Keuchel, Alex Young, Lester, Brett Anderson, Kolby Allard.

Lefties who beat us...

Hamels (thrice), Urias, Kershaw, Matz, Lester, Max Fried (twice), Devin Smetzler, Pomeranz (do we get this one back? hafta call the league office), MadBum, Luchessi, Logan Allen, Matt Strahm, Marco Gonzalez, Quintana (twice), Minor.

By my count we are 12-15 vs "good" lefties (better than league average FIP) & 7-4 vs "bad" lefties (worse than league average FIP), for whatever that is or isn't worth.

So our record is worse against lefties than righties. Hopefully we don’t face that many the rest of the year

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 5:14 PM Post
sveumrules said:
Call me crazy, but I don't see Counsell firing the guy who was his head coach in college (& someone he considers a mentor) so he can bring in Clint Hurdle to tell him he needs to order his pitchers to throw at more people's heads.

Someone in that dugout needs to slap some sense into him. His obsessive overuse of Guerra and Claudio would be comical if it wasn’t so asinine.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 5:15 PM Post
I am not sure any moves will be made but i look at the hitting and pitching coaches.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 6:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew crew 92 said:
sveumrules said:

Someone in that dugout needs to slap some sense into him. His obsessive overuse of Guerra and Claudio would be comical if it wasn’t so asinine.

Guerra has had a solid season despite less than impressive peripherals. He's been steady if unspectacular.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 8:14 PM Post
I just got back home from the game, long day. Had a good time despite the missing offense and loss. My biggest observation from the day: Paper Straws... NO.... just NO. That has to be the dumbest idea in the history of ideas that have caught on enough to be at a ball park.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
Watch screwball on Netflix. A documentary on the people that supplied steroids to a lot of baseball players including Braun and Arod. A crazy story. And ridiculous

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 11, 2019, 8:38 PM Post
brewmann04 said:
I am not sure any moves will be made but i look at the hitting and pitching coaches.

Me to.
Players are not improving and for me that means coaching.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 134 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply