LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  [ 472 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:03 PM Post
Brewers are my favorite sports team but I’ll be glad when this season is over. Easily my most disappointing season as a fan given their expectations at the beginning of the year. Like early 2010 Packers post-Super Bowl.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader gives up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th that proves the difference]
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:03 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Well, that was a gut punch.

Lots of those types of games this year. There is literally no one in the pen that can be trusted with anything less than a 4 run lead ... besides arguably Albers.

Yep and oh by the way you have no starter for tomorrow again. Just not a good situation.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:05 PM Post
Got it. Thanks!!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
BruisedCrew said:
BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties.

The numbers aren't meant to communicate that the Brewers are no worse vs LHP, they are meant to demonstrate that the sentiment of "OMG a lefty, we have no chance" are overblown. Before tonight...

wRC+ vs RHP: 104
wRC+ vs LHP: 96

The Brewers have hit about 8% worse vs LHP this year, maybe after tonight it's up to 9%.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
There was a time when this game would have upset me but I've come to grips with this teams just not very good.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Warning Track Power said:
Brewers are my favorite sports team but I’ll be glad when this season is over. Easily my most disappointing season as a fan given their expectations at the beginning of the year. Like early 2010 Packers post-Super Bowl.

The expectation at the beginning of the season was that the NL Central would be a three team race between CHI, MIL & STL with the two losers maybe being able to snag a wild card, & that is exactly where we are.

The odds of us leading the division wire to wire & getting out to a comfy lead like ATL or LA have done were always extremely low.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:10 PM Post

Other than maybe the Bucks I think we're looking at a pretty bad year Sports wise.
With their brutal schedule this might be the year the Badgers don't make a bowl game.
UW men's basketball will be 500 at best in the Big Ten.
I don't think the Packers are going to be very good.
Maybe this is the year Badger hockey finally gets its act together under granato.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) [Brewers lose, 7-5 -- Grandal hits go ahead 3-run HR in 7th; Hader serves up first pitch 3-run HR in 8th]
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:13 PM Post
sveumrules said:

The expectation at the beginning of the season was that the NL Central would be a three team race between CHI, MIL & STL with the two losers maybe being able to snag a wild card, & that is exactly where we are.

The odds of us leading the division wire to wire & getting out to a comfy lead like ATL or LA have done were always extremely low.

Things have pretty much played out as expected. Those three teams are bunched up. Whoever goes on a run in September will win the division.

Unfortunately the Brewers have yet to show the offensive and bullpen consistency that would enable them to make that run. Not saying that it can't happen, but they'd need to find something that hasn't been evident this season as of yet.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:15 PM Post
Gio getting the ball tomorrow, per Counsell.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:21 PM Post
yourout said:
There was a time when this game would have upset me but I've come to grips with this teams just not very good.

That’s always how I can tell what my deep down expectations are.

There have been times when I wouldn’t be able to sleep for an hour or two after a loss like that in a night game. Now it just makes me sad, not mad.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-13: Twins (Pérez) at Brewers (Anderson) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:26 PM Post
sveumrules said:
BruisedCrew said:
BTW, to change the subject, I hope nobody brings out the numbers again for awhile trying to convince me that the Brewers are no worse against lefties than righties.

The numbers aren't meant to communicate that the Brewers are no worse vs LHP, they are meant to demonstrate that the sentiment of "OMG a lefty, we have no chance" are overblown. Before tonight...

wRC+ vs RHP: 104
wRC+ vs LHP: 96

The Brewers have hit about 8% worse vs LHP this year, maybe after tonight it's up to 9%.

Except that nobody has ever said anything close to “OMG a lefty, we have no chance”. It has always been, at least for me, that the offense has been disappointingly mediocre, and against lefties it’s even worse. This was supposed to be one of the top hitting teams in the league, and it isn’t close to that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 13, 2019, 10:46 PM Post
Besides our pitching problems we have not been able to get runners in. How many runners have we left on base this year? I fear that number is alarmingly high.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24  [ 472 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply