LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 203 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) [Brewers lose, 9-4]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) 6:45 PM CDT
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
timpep said:
I wish I could be a fly on the wall wherever Mark A is right now. Here's got to be less than pleased lately.

I'm guessing you would be permanently squished to said wall.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
There should be plenty of room for new faces come 2020.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) 6:45 PM CDT
I'm gonna be pissed when the Brewers drop this game 9-7.

Quote   Reply 
Cardinals not that good, bad hitting team, ok pitching, nothing special. Cubbies should win, but that team underperforms like no other. If Woodruff was back like originally forecast, Labor Day, they could of had a good September, but now they say middle of September, takes all the wind out of the sails for me now. Reds might run out of games before they catch the Cubbies, but they are the best team in the central.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:07 PM Post
It just occurred to me that there is a real possibility that the Brewers will match last year’s loss total before the end of August. In fact, it’s more likely than not.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:07 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
adambr2 said:
It's still hard to believe our deadline moves were neither to buy nor sell, but rather go get 4 junk pitchers to add on to the many junk pitchers already on the roster.

I could understand it if DJ was still here, who just seemed to have a knack for polishing up a turd and making it shiny, but Hook has no such magic to work.

I'm beginning to think that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that no one was buying what the Brewers would have been selling. Moose and Grandal haven't exactly been tearing the cover off the ball in the second half. Who else were they going to deal?

I think that's a possibility too. I still just don't understand the point behind anything we did.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:11 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
adambr2 said:
It's still hard to believe our deadline moves were neither to buy nor sell, but rather go get 4 junk pitchers to add on to the many junk pitchers already on the roster.

I could understand it if DJ was still here, who just seemed to have a knack for polishing up a turd and making it shiny, but Hook has no such magic to work.

I'm beginning to think that it isn't out of the realm of possibility that no one was buying what the Brewers would have been selling. Moose and Grandal haven't exactly been tearing the cover off the ball in the second half. Who else were they going to deal?

I think that's a possibility too. I still just don't understand the point behind anything we did.

The future?!?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:13 PM Post
We suck, oh well. I'm kinda excited for 2021, but struggling to find next year a whole lot better.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:15 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
We suck, oh well. I'm kinda excited for 2021, but struggling to find next year a whole lot better.

Huh, why 2021?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:15 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
adambr2 said:

I think they figured Aguilar was going to be gone after this season anyway, so they were happy to get a youngish controllable arm for him. The Lyles move was simply to get a warm body capable of starting games, and the return was minimal. The Pomeranz/Black deal was puzzling. I liked it at first, but I'm starting to think that perhaps the Giants fleeced Stearns a bit in that one, even though I don't believe Dubon's value was especially high. Black does have one heck of a live arm, even though that FB appears to be as straight as an arrow.

Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on August 20, 2019, 9:17 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:17 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

The future?!?

Two veteran rentals and two soon to be out of option arms is not playing for the future.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:20 PM Post
2021 they should have a lot of payroll flexibility and it's likely decision time on Yelich so it seems likely that it's a season for a final push a la 2011 or at least a year they decide to trade him for a nice haul.

Next year, who knows, lots can change, but there are problems here and our impending FAs aren't helping.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:21 PM Post
On another topic......I know the MLB draft is a crap shoot.......but Gavin Lux is destroying AAA pitching....a Wisconsin kid that Dodgers picked 20th.......when we picked Ray at number 5.

Would have been a nice option for our future SS.........

Ok,I'm done......

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:

The future?!?

Two veteran rentals and two soon to be out of option arms is not playing for the future.

A new SS and a couple of quality pen arms and this division was ours for the taking.

But also because this division stinks.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:25 PM Post
They weren't going to get quality pen arms. They have nothing to trade unless it's an actual good player off the MLB roster which isn't solving any problems.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
markedman5 said:
On another topic......I know the MLB draft is a crap shoot.......but Gavin Lux is destroying AAA pitching....a Wisconsin kid that Dodgers picked 20th.......when we picked Ray at number 5.

Would have been a nice option for our future SS.........

Ok,I'm done......

Hindsight is also 20/20. Ray was seen as a good solid pick by pretty much every draft expert at the time. You are right, it is a crapshoot. The fact that the Brewers have two former 1st round rookies up and performing well right now probably defies the odds.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:33 PM Post
The brewers were better off keeping Dubon instead of adding those two duds.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) [Brewers lose, 9-4]
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
Dubon is a dud. But I probably would have kept him with that return.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) [Brewers lose, 9-4]
Posted: August 20, 2019, 9:53 PM Post
if he was a dud we got two in return.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-20: Brewers (González) at Cardinals (Wacha) [Brewers lose, 9-4]
Posted: August 20, 2019, 10:07 PM Post
Any hard hitting questions from Sophia and Tom?

"Weren't you impressed with Gio tonight?"

"Cain, he looked good in his return tonight, yeah?"

"What are you having for breakfast in the morning?"

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 203 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply