LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 5:57 PM Post
Gio got out of the inning by getting the pitcher out twice and one time he intentionally made an out.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 5:57 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
So glad I decided to watch this from home instead of heading to the ballpark straight from work.

I almost did too. But if we had shown up, we would be winning I’m sure.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 5:58 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Do you need “heat” to be a good starting pitcher?

I think our little experiment of a rotation full of soft tossers has proven this point. You don't need it, but it sure helps.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 5:58 PM Post
Sell

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 5:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew4U said:
Do you need “heat” to be a good starting pitcher?

I think our little experiment of a rotation full of soft tossers has proven this point. You don't need it, but it sure helps.

Well, the opening day rotation had Burnes and Peralta, who I would not qualify as soft tossers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
Wade Miley's average fastball this year is 91.0 mph. I think that qualifies as a soft tosser.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:05 PM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
Wade Miley's average fastball this year is 91.0 mph. I think that qualifies as a soft tosser.

There are lots of good examples of “soft tossers” who are really good starting pitchers.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:07 PM Post
Well, this score answers the question if we’re gonna make a run.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
The brewers are officially the lamest playoff contender in history.

Quote   Reply 
PinaMadness said:
Any chance DS will actually acquire a starting pitcher that can actually throw heat?

Nope.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:08 PM Post
Why wasn’t Gio up there trying lo lay down a bunt?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:10 PM Post
brooks_quichenick said:
Why wasn’t Gio up there trying lo lay down a bunt?

I was wondering the same thing. You've given up 8 runs in 2 innings, at least make yourself useful and give us a shot to cut it to 6 with a single.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:12 PM Post
willie key said:
The brewers are officially the lamest playoff contender in history.

Probably going to end up with a record very close to the 2006 World Champs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:15 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Ok, your right Cain’s on fire at the plate, and Grandal’ not tired from playing constantly, and maybe it’s only been a month since he homered.

It's actually been 13 days.

It's been 2 days since you said you could tell something special was happening with this team and it was more than just a 3 game winning streak. You gotta stop making predictions.

Sometimes a 3 game winning streak really is just a 3 game winning streak and little else.

Gio is a problem. Davies is a problem. Lineup vs LHP a problem. Cain a problem. Other than those problems, this team in great shape. Some of the issues I mentioned can be mitigated somewhat by the Stearns September Roster. But if Moose has a broken wrist it’s gonna be tough.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:16 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Ok, your right Cain’s on fire at the plate, and Grandal’ not tired from playing constantly, and maybe it’s only been a month since he homered.

It's been 2 days since you said you could tell something special was happening with this team and it was more than just a 3 game winning streak. You gotta stop making predictions.

Sometimes a 3 game winning streak really is just a 3 game winning streak and little else.

Gio is a problem. Davies is a problem. Lineup vs LHP a problem. Cain a problem. Other than those problems, this team in great shape. Some of the issues I mentioned can be mitigated somewhat by the Stearns September Roster. But if Moose has a broken wrist it’s gonna be tough.

What September roster

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:18 PM Post
This game was decided before the usual start time.

The Cardinals are determined to bury the Brewers and the Brewers are bending over.

It’s been a slow fade for the last couple of months, but by Sunday there shouldn’t be anyone saying things like “They’re only X games out” or “Last year....”.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:19 PM Post
Global Moderator
No team with a -30 run differential has ever made the playoffs. That the Brewers have hung around this long is something of a small miracle. That's not an excuse for the deficiencies, as there's a few, just pointing out a statistical fact.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:25 PM Post
Yes, Grandal homered once in last 30+ games, he’s an on base machine, because of the walks, but his bat has slowed, why?

Maybe it’s the ridiculous amount of play? Some or most of you can and have made fun of the Freitas, but playing him at first with Pina Catching vs LHP, AND RESTING GRANDAL, was a no brainer, and massive mistake. Powerless Grandal is showing that every day now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:25 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Nobody coming up in September is going to make any bit of a difference in being a playoff team or not.

If we has some secret weapons ready to unload in September, they'd be here helping now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 26, 2019, 6:28 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
This game was decided before the usual start time.

The Cardinals are determined to bury the Brewers and the Brewers are bending over.

It’s been a slow fade for the last couple of months, but by Sunday there shouldn’t be anyone saying things like “They’re only X games out” or “Last year....”.

This team really was done by all star break. Not by mathematical probabilities, but you could just tell they weren’t really very good

I was resigned to this fate earlier than most people, they just weren’t even close to last years team where I was considerably confident of their chances by the end of July.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply