LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) [Brewers lose, 12-2]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
Posts: 2891
yourout said:
Brew crew 92 said:
markedman5 said:
I read on twitter that we now have given up more runs then we did all of last season. Still over a month to go!

Epic fail for Stearns and Hook........


Not quite as bad as it appears to be > JUICED BALL!


13 out of 15 NL teams. That's pretty bad


Yes, that’s bad.
But I think you know what I meant in response to your exactly worded post.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:45 PM Post
Posts: 1042
brewmann04 said:
brewers laid an egg again vs the cards

And a big stinky rotten one at that.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:48 PM Post
Posts: 1042
Brew crew 92 said:
yourout said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Not quite as bad as it appears to be > JUICED BALL!


13 out of 15 NL teams. That's pretty bad


Yes, that’s bad.
But I think you know what I meant in response to your exactly worded post.


Crap. I've been whooshed.
It's been kind of a crappy Monday all around.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:51 PM Post
Posts: 2891
Why is Grandal still in this game?

I mean the guys trying to get thrown out of the game to be able to sit down and relax his body. But no, Counsell can’t at a minimum put him at first, with Pina in at C. Am I missing something here?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 7:54 PM Post
Posts: 998
Location: Wisconsin
willie key said:
Brew crew 92 said:
markedman5 said:
I read on twitter that we now have given up more runs then we did all of last season. Still over a month to go!

Epic fail for Stearns and Hook........


Not quite as bad as it appears to be > JUICED BALL!



To be fair. I agree with brew crew on this. You can’t really go with stat comparisons from last year. There obviously is something up this year

But we are close to bottom of the league in runs given up. That’s horrible compared to last year


Even worse, the Brewers are now just 3 losses short of last regular season’s loss total. They may be reaching that before Labor Day.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Posts: 2891
Claudio taking one for the team.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:00 PM Post
Posts: 2203
Brewers v Cards still always has that Crusher v Scrap Iron Kadasky feel from the old wrestling days. Scrap will get a punch or two in of course but the Crusher is just going to come alive at smash old scrap in the end. We will look back on that game 7 loss for a long long time and know that was our shot. Hope the bucks don't meet the same fate this coming season.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3828
Bulldogboy said:
Brewers v Cards still always has that Crusher v Scrap Iron Kadasky feel from the old wrestling days. Scrap will get a punch or two in of course but the Crusher is just going to come alive at smash old scrap in the end. We will look back on that game 7 loss for a long long time and know that was our shot. Hope the bucks don't meet the same fate this coming season.


Sorta, but 2011 was really more of our shot. We may have objectively had the best MLB team that year. Last year we definitely didn't.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:10 PM Post
Posts: 1009
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Bulldogboy said:
Brewers v Cards still always has that Crusher v Scrap Iron Kadasky feel from the old wrestling days. Scrap will get a punch or two in of course but the Crusher is just going to come alive at smash old scrap in the end. We will look back on that game 7 loss for a long long time and know that was our shot. Hope the bucks don't meet the same fate this coming season.


Sorta, but 2011 was really more of our shot. We may have objectively had the best MLB team that year. Last year we definitely didn't.


Yep


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:14 PM Post
Posts: 2891
Maybe the brewers will go the entire year without a real hot streak, but, geez, I don’t think so. I’m gonna cling to that thought. At least for a week into September.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:19 PM Post
Posts: 18460
Brew crew 92 said:
Maybe the brewers will go the entire year without a real hot streak, but, geez, I don’t think so. I’m gonna cling to that thought. At least for a week into September.


They'll win a few games in a row at some point, but that's not going to be enough. I just think they're not as good as you think they are.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:23 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1272
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Maybe the brewers will go the entire year without a real hot streak, but, geez, I don’t think so. I’m gonna cling to that thought. At least for a week into September.


They'll win a few games in a row at some point, but that's not going to be enough. I just think they're not as good as you think they are.


He’s alluding to the fact that even the worst teams have an 8-9 game streak or 11/12 just from pure blind luck. Health, luck and performing to career norms have not been on our side.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 9848
i don't see this team going on a 8 game streak.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:33 PM Post
Posts: 998
Location: Wisconsin
markedman5 said:
Wonder where we rank in batting average and ops with the base loaded this season?

It would surprise le if we weren't in the bottom 10......but their are lots of bad teams so,I could be wrong.


You aren’t wrong. 21st in BA and 26th in OPS.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:34 PM Post
Posts: 4436
This vintage of the Brewers had their "hot streak" during the season's 1st two months - when they managed to string together a record 10-12 games above 0.500 against a pretty tough opening 8 weeks of a schedule. When the calendar turned to June and many of us looked at the 6 weeks leading up to the AS Break hoping they'd really get on a roll and take command of the division, their pitching imploded and offense went to sleep for extended stretches. It's been a steady decline since, with a few 7-3 stretches mixed in with a bunch of 4-6 stretches. Some of it was injuries, some of it was very questionable MLB roster decisions, but frankly most of it was just the product of the organization not having near the quality depth we had hoped for back in march when looking at the 40 man roster on paper.

Could they run into some dumb luck and rattle off 12 out of 15? sure, but just as soon as they'd do it there's an even better chance this roster then goes on to drop 5 of 9 against the Reds, Pirates, and Rockies to close out September and squander any gains they make in the standings anyways.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 419
Location: Chicago
We follow the team too closely to be objective. There’s one pitcher in the rotation that started the year in the rotation and even Davies spent time on the DL. Likewise in the bullpen 3 of the bullpen pitchers from opening day are gone and they’ve cycled through even more since then. Frankly the pitching on this team has been awful and like someone else said, it’s a minor miracle they’ve hung around so long.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18713
Schildt is worse than Maddon and LaRussa combined.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6099
trwi7 said:
Schildt is worse than Maddon and LaRussa combined.

Using Miller and having Carlos Martinez warming up in a 12-2 game?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:44 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 18713
LouisEly said:
trwi7 said:
Schildt is worse than Maddon and LaRussa combined.

Using Miller and having Carlos Martinez warming up in a 12-2 game?


I mean the pitching change with a 10 run lead with 2 outs in the 9th.

Cards' fans wear jorts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-26: Cardinals (Wainwright) at Brewers (González) 6:05 PM CDT
Posted: August 26, 2019, 8:57 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7124
Jopal78! said:
We follow the team too closely to be objective.



I appreciate your honesty and candor.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next  [ 186 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Brewce and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test