LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 89 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-28: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Lyles) [Brewers win, 4-1]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-28: Cardinals (Flaherty) at Brewers (Lyles) 1:10 PM CDT

Posted: August 28, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
Greetings. I've decided to wait for a nice win to introduce myself. I grew up in Chicago (don't hold that against me, lol) but moved to Racine many years ago and been a die hard Brewers fan ever since. I still think the wild card is in reach and this was a big win today with our pitching.

Posted: August 28, 2019, 3:33 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
Sweep the Cubs and we're looking strong again. Extensions for everyone.

That might be going a bit overboard.

I’d only do extensions for the following players:

1.) Hiura > 8 years(till age 30) 6 full years of his prime.

2.) Grisham > 8 years(till age 30) 6 full years of his prime.

3.) Lyles > 3 years(till age 31) 1 year of his prime.

That’s it for the extensions, at least for now.

Posted: August 28, 2019, 3:36 PM Post
Nah, if in those 3 games Thames gets like 7 hits and 3 HRs I'd get him locked in. Guerra looks like he did today you might as well get that too. If Gio shuts them down, I'd do that too as we need a Cubs killer.

Posted: August 28, 2019, 3:48 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
, Lyles at 18 for 3 is a less risky deal than Chacin for 2 at 16. Lyles is younger and has way better stuff.

I know Chacin is an easy target this year but please go look at his career compared to Lyles and try again. Do your homework a bit before posting sometimes.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 28, 2019, 4:29 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:
, Lyles at 18 for 3 is a less risky deal than Chacin for 2 at 16. Lyles is younger and has way better stuff.

I know Chacin is an easy target this year but please go look at his career compared to Lyles and try again. Do your homework a bit before posting sometimes.

Lyles 3/$18mil

That is the worst proposed deal I have seen since Clancy wanted to sign Hernan Pérez to a big extension.

Posted: August 28, 2019, 4:50 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

It’s got nothing to do with homework. Lyles was really good out of the pen for us after he came over last year. Pitched well for Pittsburgh, then not so well, Stearns wanted him back, see that’s the key for me, because he obviously sees something special in him. Then from the get go, he’s been beyond good. Sorry I’m the only one sold here.

Posted: August 28, 2019, 4:53 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

It’s got nothing to do with homework. Lyles was really good out of the pen for us after he came over last year. Pitched well for Pittsburgh, then not so well, Stearns wanted him back, see that’s the key for me, because he obviously sees something special in him. Then from the get go, he’s been beyond good. Sorry I’m the only one sold here.

Being sold is one thing. Talking out of you ass is another. Unfortunately you do a lot of the second thing and seem to get a kick out of it. Does nothing good for this place.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 28, 2019, 4:58 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Lyles 3/$18mil

That is the worst proposed deal I have seen since Clancy wanted to sign Hernan Pérez to a big extension.

If he keeps this up, it gonna be 2 years at 18. 6 million a year for a FA starting pitcher that could be a #3 or strong 4 is sorta robbery isn’t it?

Posted: August 28, 2019, 5:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
Game threads can go off the rails, and that's fine. If posters want to bring up certain players for extensions or trades in multiple threads, let's pop over to the rumors/proposals forum and start a thread there so we're not running multiple threads off the rails about the same thing in multiple forums. Thanks.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 89 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply