LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 171 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:48 PM Post
I know this is stupid but this is an in game thread so the hell with it, but I felt this team took a nose dive after Hiura was sent down for Shaw.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:48 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
This game was a 90%+ loss, before they even played the game. Blame Cain Aguilar Perez And Stearns. Cain and Aguilar are most at fault because of how Horrible they were or are vs LHP. Stearns is next for not improving SS at the deadline, and or getting a bat that can mash LHP, and not calling up Freitas before this Sunday.

Explain to me how Aguilar has anything to do with your 90%+ chance of a loss today...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
yfinn6 said:
I know this is stupid but this is an in game thread so the hell with it, but I felt this team took a nose dive after Hiura was sent down for Shaw.

I don't think that is stupid at all...That sure as hell felt like the beginning of the end to me.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:49 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:
This team can get hot in a hurry.

Just stop.

No I won’t stop, because, imo, it can.

It's too late. They'd have to finish like 22-6 unless they just get a lot of lucky help, and now they may be without Hiura.

It's just not going to happen this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
Trailing in the wild card hunt is more than just games back. Having multiple teams in front of you that you must "leap frog" over gets more and more difficult. Our hitting with RISP is just plain horrible.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
Cain with another meaningless hit. Far too many of those from him this year. Something to keep in mind when looking at his .252 .330 .672 line.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
So Hiura was too good to send down but not good enough to change the tides when called back up?

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:55 PM Post
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:
This game was a 90%+ loss, before they even played the game. Blame Cain Aguilar Perez And Stearns. Cain and Aguilar are most at fault because of how Horrible they were or are vs LHP. Stearns is next for not improving SS at the deadline, and or getting a bat that can mash LHP, and not calling up Freitas before this Sunday.

Explain to me how Aguilar has anything to do with your 90%+ chance of a loss today...

If he wouldn’t have absolutely sucked this year, brewers wouldn’t have traded him away, and he’d be in this lineup today, helping this team not suck so bad vs LHP.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:56 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

If the season truly hung on the balance over the issue of Freitas not coming up, then they should probably fire Stearns...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:56 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:

If he wouldn’t have absolutely sucked this year, brewers wouldn’t have traded him away, and he’d be in this lineup today, helping this team not suck so bad vs LHP.

*shaking head*

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:58 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 2:59 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Brew crew 92 said:

If the season truly hung on the balance over the issue of Freitas not coming up, then they should probably fire Stearns...

Even I haven’t insinuated that. Just a high probability of him helping vs LHP. Just ask Briggs and Lathund.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:01 PM Post
Anyone who thinks that this season was derailed by 1 player move is just not living in the real world.

Teams with pitching as bad as the Brewers don't make the playoffs ........unless they absolutely score tons of runs......Brewers haven't done that all year.

Team has more wins then performance dictates they should have.......they just haven't played well in any aspect of the game......so this is where they are.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:03 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
turborickey said:
Brew crew 92 said:

So he sucked, but he wouldn't be sucking today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
How many more wins would Hiura's presence accounted for if he had never been sent back down? Two? That still puts them on the outside looking in.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
The Cubs didn't arrive in Chicago until 3am this morning from New York. You would think they would be tired for today's game?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:07 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Anyone who thinks that this season was derailed by 1 player move is just not living in the real world.

Teams with pitching as bad as the Brewers don't make the playoffs ........unless they absolutely score tons of runs......Brewers haven't done that all year.

Team has more wins then performance dictates they should have.......they just haven't played well in any aspect of the game......so this is where they are.

This season was doomed the day DJ left.
Yes I think he was that good.
If he was still here the Brewers would have at least 5 more wins and probably 10.

He should have been made the highest paid pitching coach in the league.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
How many more wins would Hiura's presence accounted for if he had never been sent back down? Two? That still puts them on the outside looking in.

It was still a bad decision, could have avoided with an 8 year extension, avoiding the having to send him down, can’t pay another 5+ million in super 2 extra arby year $.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:14 PM Post
Anyone catch the Chris "Mad Dog" Russo today? He pretty much has this team in the grave.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:17 PM Post
MVPina comes through again. Some other team can give Grandal $18 million per year.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 171 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply