LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 171 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Next year’s C, in good shape, Pina Freitas will make a good pair.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:21 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
PinaMadness said:
How many more wins would Hiura's presence accounted for if he had never been sent back down? Two? That still puts them on the outside looking in.

It was still a bad decision, could have avoided with an 8 year extension, avoiding the having to send him down, can’t pay another 5+ million in super 2 extra arby year $.

The day a team gives an 8 year extension to a rookie one month into his major league career is the day I walk to the 50 yard line at Lambeau Field during a Sunday Night game wearing only a diaper and play Muskrat Love on a ukelele.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:22 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Anyone who thinks that this season was derailed by 1 player move is just not living in the real world.

Teams with pitching as bad as the Brewers don't make the playoffs ........unless they absolutely score tons of runs......Brewers haven't done that all year.

Team has more wins then performance dictates they should have.......they just haven't played well in any aspect of the game......so this is where they are.

This is 100 percent on point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
I still have never heard a good answer from Stearns on why Wade Miley wasn't brought back. Has anyone? I know Rosenthal had it that he wanted back in the worst way. The guy is third in era in the Al. This decision when looking at the season in retrospect is almost unbelievable.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Brew crew 92 said:
PinaMadness said:
How many more wins would Hiura's presence accounted for if he had never been sent back down? Two? That still puts them on the outside looking in.

It was still a bad decision, could have avoided with an 8 year extension, avoiding the having to send him down, can’t pay another 5+ million in super 2 extra arby year $.

The day a team gives an 8 year extension to a rookie one month into his major league career is the day I walk to the 50 yard line at Lambeau Field during a Sunday Night game wearing only a diaper and play Muskrat Love on a ukelele.

Working out quite nicely for Rick Hahn and the White Sox with Eloy Jimenez.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:31 PM Post
Got I detest this song they play!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
The Crew has already given up more runs this season than all of last regular season.
And by the end of the weekend they will likely have given up more runs than all of last year including the playoffs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:36 PM Post
-45 run differential.

No playoffs for you!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:38 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
I still have never heard a good answer from Stearns on why Wade Miley wasn't brought back. Has anyone? I know Rosenthal had it that he wanted back in the worst way. The guy is third in era in the Al. This decision when looking at the season in retrospect is almost unbelievable.

“wanted back in the worst way” ... first time I’ve ever seen that.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:38 PM Post
Cubs were without Rizzo Bryant and Contreras and still scored 7 runs?? Imagine if they were full strength. Embarrassing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:40 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Bulldogboy said:

Well he was on the street as spring training was starting. He wanted a job and liked it here. Not a shock. The question is why didn't Stearns want him? First of many bad decisions.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:40 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

Between Miley, Villar, Schoop, some questionable roster decisions with Hiura, Shaw, and Nelson and a really head-scratcher of a trade deadline, Stearns has had a really rough last year. I still think he's a good GM, but the genius label has definitely lost quite a bit of luster.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:42 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Brew4U said:
Bulldogboy said:

Well he was on the street as spring training was starting. He wanted a job and liked it here. Not a shock. The question is why didn't Stearns want him? First of many bad decisions.

He was not on the street. He was signed on Jan. 31st. There are also connections to him wanting to be playing where he is. I get that we can look back on this as a possible bad choice from Stearns but let’s at least use facts when talking about it.

Here is a good Twitter thread explaining why Miley is having success this season and it isn’t because of what he did in 2018 with the Brewers.

Last edited by Brew4U on August 30, 2019, 3:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:43 PM Post
Sal Bando said:
-45 run differential.

No playoffs for you!

I've been told that's only indicative of past performance and doesn't predict anything about future results. These guys are about to go on a big run!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
CC confirmed that Hiura was not hurt on the slide.....just banged shins on the DP.....injury was Hamstring running to first base.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:57 PM Post
Hiura is going back to Milwaukee to be examined.......https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 61952?s=21

https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 11712?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
If there was still an August trade deadline, every expiring contract we had would be going on waivers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 4:01 PM Post
adambr2 said:
If there was still an August trade deadline, every expiring contract we had would be going on waivers.

Should have occurred in July.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 4:09 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Anyone who thinks that this season was derailed by 1 player move is just not living in the real world.

Teams with pitching as bad as the Brewers don't make the playoffs ........unless they absolutely score tons of runs......Brewers haven't done that all year.

Team has more wins then performance dictates they should have.......they just haven't played well in any aspect of the game......so this is where they are.

I didn't say the season was derailed from one move. This team just wasn't that great to begin with, but I'd love to hear the explanation for a guy batting cleanup and coming up with big hits to go to AAA for a guy who couldn't hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Last edited by yfinn6 on August 30, 2019, 4:12 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: August 30, 2019, 4:10 PM Post
markedman5 said:

When it rains it pours

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next  [ 171 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply