LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 172 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) [Brewers lose, 7-1]

Online  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Castellanos is head and shoulders more valuable than all the hot garbage we acquired at the deadline. With the exception of Lyles lately.

What an unbelievable pick up he has been

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-30: Brewers (Anderson) at Cubs (Quintana) 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:07 PM Post
I am not one to complain about celebrations, but what the heck was with the bat slam?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:09 PM Post
Going to be some cheap tickets to be had in September.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

adambr2 said:
I can't believe there are still people who think this team is going to just flip a switch and be good in September.

Quintana's first career extra base hit. [laughing] Good stuff.

I don't think there are. There are people, like me, who want it to happen. But we all know it isn't.

Quote   Reply 

Cool Hand Lucroy said:
I am not one to complain about celebrations, but what the heck was with the bat slam?

I'm cool with it. Big series and they come out mashing. More power to them

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:11 PM Post
For me, I think what stinks is that they seem to not even be putting up a fight. I didn't expect playoffs even at the all-star break but I thought a team with a lot of the guys that were around last year and seem to have good leadership would put up more of a fight. Maybe they are just that broken with underperformance and injuries but it just stinks to see after how much fun it was last season.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:13 PM Post
Brew4U said:

I'm taking my 3 year old son to his first ever game on Monday. So I find myself getting quite angry with the team for how poorly they've played and mad at myself for even spending the money on it.

I have to remind myself frequently that it's just a game, my 3 year old couldn't care less if they win or lose, and just try to make it a great experience for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:14 PM Post
Good answer boys! A couple weak grounders and a lazy fly ball

Quote   Reply 

jason21nl said:
Cool Hand Lucroy said:

I'm cool with it. Big series and they come out mashing. More power to them

Me too. No problem with it. You put out the garbage type performances we've had lately you deserve to be shown up. Do better if you don't like it.

Quote   Reply 

The wind Has been blowing in > in every game these teams have played in wrigley this year, and is supposed to blow in all weekend. 1-5 record this year so far, soon to be 1-6. Then last year, early I remember it blowing in all 4 games and we got swept. So that’s at least a loss in 9 of 10 not including this one. If that isn’t a slap to the face to this front office it needs an offensive re-tool, I don’t know what is?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:15 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

I'm taking my 3 year old son to his first ever game on Monday. So I find myself getting quite angry with the team for how poorly they've played and mad at myself for even spending the money on it.

I have to remind myself frequently that it's just a game, my 3 year old couldn't care less if they win or lose, and just try to make it a great experience for him.

At least you get to check out Houston. Some pretty great and exciting players to see on that roster.

Quote   Reply 

Arcia is what he is at this point.

I wish Villar had turned into something better than Schoop. Or that we got the Schoop the Twins got.

Quote   Reply 

I've never gotten a "they're not putting up a fight" vibe. They just do not have the horses.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:16 PM Post
I still can't believe Counsell wanted Villar gone so bad that we did the deal that we did. Just awful.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:17 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
The wind Has been blowing in > in every game these teams have played in wrigley this year, and is supposed to blow in all weekend. 1-5 record this year so far, soon to be 1-6. Then last year, early I remember it blowing in all 4 games and we got swept. So that’s at least a loss in 9 of 10 not including this one. If that isn’t a slap to the face to this front office it needs an offensive re-tool, I don’t know what is?

Wind blowing in isn't affecting the Cubs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:18 PM Post
Brew4U said:
I still can't believe Counsell wanted Villar gone so bad that we did the deal that we did. Just awful.

Hard to think of a worse move they've made recently than that one. Absolutely a yikes transaction.

Quote   Reply 

Ok I stayed for a bit, I thought that the wind knocked down the 30 hopper Arcia hit to 2B.

Quote   Reply 

Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

At least you get to check out Houston. Some pretty great and exciting players to see on that roster.

A roster that DS helped build.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:19 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

I thought the same thing, but the wind seems fairly tame today, and it hasn't seemed to impact the Cubs results at all either.

Yoou're right, though. The offense is so, so inconsistent beyond Yelich.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 30, 2019, 1:19 PM Post
Once again, Quintana won't even break a sweat through 7 innings against the Brewers..

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next  [ 172 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply