LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: August 31, 2019, 1:49 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Wait, I thought the Reds were wild card hunting? Now that’s comical.

Bauer’s ERA has to be over 8 now for the Reds. Entering Corbin Burnes territory.

There’s always next year.

I’m sure they’ll be good in 2028 and you’ll come back on here to claim you were right.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 31, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
Never thought the brewers lineup was “Stacked”, at least not compared to the Cubbies.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 1:54 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Never thought the brewers lineup was “Stacked”, at least not compared to the Cubbies.

We have MVP Christian Yelich, up until yesterday we had future Christian Yelich in Keston Hiura, and figure MVP Trent Grisham. How is that not stacked?

Posted: August 31, 2019, 1:57 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

Numbers were solid last year, and they went out and signed high performers to shore up the two arguable holes in the lineup at 2B and C. Two former MVPs in the OF, and another that got MVP votes last year. Shaw and Aguilar coming off big years at the IF corners.

Yeah, this offense was designed to be good. For the most part they have underperformed. But again, arguing over who sucks more is a stupid argument.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 1:59 PM Post
Coming into the season I thought the 1-7 would be as good as anyone in the league for the Brewers. Cain, Shaw, Aguilar all but ruined that themselves.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:00 PM Post
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:02 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

This is not why you are mocked around here and you know it. [laughing]

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:04 PM Post
Congrats to Davies on being serviceable today. I say serviceable because he still didn’t make it 5 innings.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:08 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't talk up how generational talents like Yelich and Hiura and Grisham are and then say the offense sucks.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:08 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

And that is one of literally dozens of things you've swung and missed on this year. This offense isn't terrible. It is inconsistent. Those are two entirely different things.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Actually, I don’t mind, most of the snide comments and such are done out of ignorance, and will continue by those that do not know.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:11 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Actually, I don’t mind, most of the snide comments and such are done out of ignorance, and will continue by those that do not know.

Here’s a great example of why. [laughing]

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:12 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Brew crew 92 said:

This comes off as super arrogant and condescending especially given the enormous multitude of things you've been wrong about.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:13 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

Except the offense isn't terrible. It isn't what we had hoped for but it isn't terrible. Our pitching on the other hand is terribe and you have defended that pitching well into the second half of the season. Stating the truth is most definitely not why you get "mocked" around here.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:16 PM Post
Could we experience any more bad luck this inning?

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:17 PM Post
And just like that we get a break on a terrible strike call.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:18 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Could we experience any more bad luck this inning?

Umpire just answers your question.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:23 PM Post
I was afraid CC would leave Pomeranz in too long. Good decision to pull him now.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:24 PM Post
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Except the offense isn't terrible. It isn't what we had hoped for but it isn't terrible. Our pitching on the other hand is terribe and you have defended that pitching well into the second half of the season. Stating the truth is most definitely not why you get "mocked" around here.

See, “But the brewers offense isn’t terrible” is ridiculous, it’s the worst offense with RISP in the League. Outside of hitting home runs they don’t score. Their offense is soooooooo bad vs Lefties it’s become a recurring joke. Come on now.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
The cubs have quite a few very good-but not great hitters. They all have tremendous weaknesses but can pummel average to poor pitching. On paper, we were pretty much on the same level to begin the season. Saying we weren't is being less informed than the ESPN people.

On another note, why is every thread devoted to stupidity now? I think BC92 is uniting even the "you can't say that" and the "you can't tell me I can't say that" arguments of earlier in the season. Maybe BC92 is the hero we deserve..but not the one we need right now.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply