LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:25 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
I was afraid CC would leave Pomeranz in too long. Good decision to pull him now.

But not for Guerra.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Online  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
82brewcrew82 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

Except the offense isn't terrible. It isn't what we had hoped for but it isn't terrible. Our pitching on the other hand is terribe and you have defended that pitching well into the second half of the season. Stating the truth is most definitely not why you get "mocked" around here.

See, “But the brewers offense isn’t terrible” is ridiculous, it’s the worst offense with RISP in the League. Outside of hitting home runs they don’t score. Their offense is soooooooo bad vs Lefties it’s become a recurring joke. Come on now.

I don't think you understand what "ridiculous" means. If you did you would understand the massive level of irony in you using that word. They may be bad with RISP but that doesn't make the offense bad in totality. You're just wrong.

Last edited by 82brewcrew82 on August 31, 2019, 2:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:28 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
I’ve been saying our offense is terrible since the first part of April. And most of you know it, since I was mocked for stating the truth early on.

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't talk up how generational talents like Yelich and Hiura and Grisham are and then say the offense sucks.

Yes I can. There not mutually exclusive. 3 good hitters doesn’t make an offense good, obviously, since it’s not good with all 3 in it.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:32 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:

But you talk out of both sides of your mouth. You can't talk up how generational talents like Yelich and Hiura and Grisham are and then say the offense sucks.

Yes I can. There not mutually exclusive. 3 good hitters doesn’t make an offense good, obviously, since it’s not good with all 3 in it.

Of course you can. You're entitled to your opinion.......even if it's wrong.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:34 PM Post
Perez should have been bunting and BC92 is a straight up bozo that should’ve been dealt with long, long ago.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:37 PM Post
That's at least five Ks with RISP. Two runs is not going to hold up. Not with our bullpen.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:38 PM Post
Oh my God. That strike 3 call to Grandal was completely awful.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:39 PM Post
That strike to Grandal made the one to Schwarber look right down the middle. Horrible.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:40 PM Post
The top of the 7th inning is in a nutshell why this team is so frustrating offensively. Leadoff double all you need is a ground ball to the right side and a base hit or a sac fly and we score. But, you can see by the approach that we don't even try to do that. Two strikeouts and a weak pop out to first. So frustratingly inefficient!!!!

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:42 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:

Braun is also pretty good, and Moose and Grandal are All-Star level hitters, and even Thames has a strong .860 OPS. The only two weak offensive spots that are below average are SS and CF. What the heck are you talking about?

You always throw 100 different predictions at the wall and then beat your chest when one of them ends up being right.

Last edited by adambr2 on August 31, 2019, 2:50 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:47 PM Post
Guerra has looked terrific lately. There have been stretches this season where he looked like the worst reliever in the league. Volatile bullpens are volatile.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:50 PM Post
The offense is outpacing last years (yes, loaded ball) but the pitching has already given up more runs than last year but yes, it’s the terrible offense that is the problem. Cain, Aguilar, and Shaw having their typical seasons could have helped us out slug our crap pitching for a better record, but it’s still the pitching for why we are struggling in 2019.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:51 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Perez should have been bunting and BC92 is a straight up bozo that should’ve been dealt with long, long ago.

You sound like a mafia hit man.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:53 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:

You sound like a mafia hit man.

He doesn't want you dead. Just banished from Brewerfan boards and left to talk Brewer baseball on Facebook comment threads.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:56 PM Post
CC is pushing it with Guerra, but I don't think I want to see any more two inning saves from Hader either.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:56 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
CC is pushing it with Guerra, but I don't think I want to see any more two inning saves from Hader either.

Junior is at 13 pitches.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:57 PM Post
Bauer struggling since changing pitching coaches.......[smile]

Trevor Bauer: Third game with Reds where he allowed 6+ earned runs and didn't finish the 5th inning. Had three such games with the Indians from 2016-19 *combined*.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:59 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
PinaMadness said:

Junior is at 13 pitches.

Yeah but do you trust him to look good that many innings?

Never mind. It's Hader Time. Good work by Guerra though.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 2:59 PM Post
Global Moderator
Brew crew 92 said:

If you keep posting like this, youre going to get banned.

You cant just post an opinion as fact and then say "everyone knows im right".

Knock it off.

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:00 PM Post
Well, it worked as planned for CC getting Bryant and now only having to get 5 outs from Hader.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply