LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) [Brewers win, 2-0]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#81

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
Posts: 4002
Arcia looked relieved he caught that.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#82

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:02 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Arcia may be maddening to watch hit, but he is fun to watch play D.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#83

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:04 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13213
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Arcia may be maddening to watch hit, but he is fun to watch play D.


I don’t have any statistical evidence but it’s felt like he’s been much better offensively and has had some tough luck outs at the plate. I still think it’d be a mistake to not try him again next season we are just entering what would be considered his “prime” years.

Edit: BABIP is at .252 for this season which is 40 points lower than career average. K-rate under 20% and his walk % is 3 points higher than career average.


Last edited by Brew4U on August 31, 2019, 3:07 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#84

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:06 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Arcia may be maddening to watch hit, but he is fun to watch play D.


I don’t have any statistical evidence but it’s felt like he’s been much better offensively and has had some tough luck outs at the plate. I still think it’d be a mistake to not try him again next season we are just entering what would be considered his “prime” years.


Agreed. If the Brewers give up on him, I could see him go someplace like St. Louis and go on a multiple Gold Glove run. He's young enough that there is still some upside there.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#85

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
Posts: 2911
adambr2 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:
Perez should have been bunting and BC92 is a straight up bozo that should’ve been dealt with long, long ago.


You sound like a mafia hit man.


He doesn't want you dead. Just banished from Brewerfan boards and left to talk Brewer baseball on Facebook comment threads.


Sad that the outlier can’t be tolerated, all the like-minded can’t have their thought challenged. Instead we must be rid of him. Interesting.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#86

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:10 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Brew crew 92 said:
Sad that the outlier can’t be tolerated, all the like-minded can’t have their thought challenged. Instead we must be rid of him. Interesting.


[rolling eyes]

Well thought-out alternative ideas are very much accepted with open arms around here.


Last edited by Joey Meyer Bombs on August 31, 2019, 3:11 PM, edited 1 time in total.

 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#87

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:11 PM Post
Posts: 2911
Brewers 10th in the league in runs. 12 Th in the league in pitching. Bad at both. Amazing we’re a red-hot winning streak away from making the playoffs.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#88

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:12 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13213
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Sad that the outlier can’t be tolerated, all the like-minded can’t have their thought challenged. Instead we must be rid of him. Interesting.


[rolling eyes]


Yep. He’s definitely trolling now. There are so many different types of people on these boards and it’s the reason it’s great here. Many knowledgeable sports fans. Yet, this guy continues to do this crap.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#89

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:14 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Sad that the outlier can’t be tolerated, all the like-minded can’t have their thought challenged. Instead we must be rid of him. Interesting.


[rolling eyes]


Yep. He’s definitely trolling now. There are so many different types of people on these boards and it’s the reason it’s great here. Many knowledgeable sports fans. Yet, this guy continues to do this crap.


He has gotten a lot of leeway, that's fore sure.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#90

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Posts: 4002
The Cubs are making it easy for Hader. 12 pitches to get 5 outs.


Last edited by PinaMadness on August 31, 2019, 3:19 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#91

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:18 PM Post
Posts: 2911
Brew4U said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Sad that the outlier can’t be tolerated, all the like-minded can’t have their thought challenged. Instead we must be rid of him. Interesting.


[rolling eyes]


Yep. He’s definitely trolling now. There are so many different types of people on these boards and it’s the reason it’s great here. Many knowledgeable sports fans. Yet, this guy continues to do this crap.


Your wrong, as usual. About the trolling that is. I don’t even know what that is, trolling?, maybe I am, but not on purpose.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#92

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13213
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Well, that couldn’t have worked out any better. Hader should still be good to go tomorrow I would imagine.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#93

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:19 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Good Hader is so, so good.

Nice win ... now take the rubber game tomorrow, and lets make this thing interesting.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#94

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:20 PM Post
Posts: 6987
5 outs on 12 pitches for Josh.... ..well done


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#95

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:21 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Big win against the team's arch rival ... and there are 5 users in the IGT.

I wonder what could have driven them away?


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#96

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13213
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Brew crew 92 said:
Brew4U said:

Yep. He’s definitely trolling now. There are so many different types of people on these boards and it’s the reason it’s great here. Many knowledgeable sports fans. Yet, this guy continues to do this crap


Your wrong, as usual. About the trolling that is. I don’t even know what that is, trolling?, maybe I am, but not on purpose.


Even in your rebuttal you’re playing both sides. You may be trolling but you don’t know that you’re doing it or what it actually is so I’m “wrong, as usual” (*you’re). [laughing]

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#97

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:26 PM Post
Posts: 2911
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Big win against the team's arch rival ... and there are 5 users in the IGT.

I wonder what could have driven them away?


Really?
I would argue the opposite. Until I started commenting, this thread went a half hour without a post. Try again.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#98

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8636
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Big win against the team's arch rival ... and there are 5 users in the IGT.

I wonder what could have driven them away?


Really?
I would argue the opposite. Until I started commenting, this thread went a half hour without a post. Try again.


Well the Brewers were winning the whole way, so that eliminates the pessimist crowd. A bunch of fans have likely already jumped off the ship. But .... I also believe that I am spot on otherwise.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
#99

Posted: August 31, 2019, 3:35 PM Post
Posts: 2911
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Big win against the team's arch rival ... and there are 5 users in the IGT.

I wonder what could have driven them away?


Really?
I would argue the opposite. Until I started commenting, this thread went a half hour without a post. Try again.


Well the Brewers were winning the whole way, so that eliminates the pessimist crowd. A bunch of fans have likely already jumped off the ship. But .... I also believe that I am spot on otherwise.


Ok, wondering why no one there, thought football Saturday.


 Top
 
Offline  Re: 2019-08-31: Brewers (Davies) at Cubs (Hamels) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: August 31, 2019, 4:01 PM Post
Posts: 4002
What games on today could possibly draw fans away from the Brewers? It's powerhouse vs. powder puff week.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 106 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: adambr2 and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test