LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 175 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
Posts: 3997
Back to back shutouts. Impressive.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 3:59 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1686
Let's give credit where due. Suter has been with the team the past two days. [smile]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 4:03 PM Post
Posts: 1003
markedman5 said:
Only 13 pitches....nicely done Josh.........much maligned bullpen sure did the job today.


If you look at the pitchers currently on the roster, the Brewers relief pitchers were tied for 5th entering today with a 3.49 ERA (13th for FIP, 6th xFIP). That does include the relief innings thrown by Houser which is helping those numbers, but also the relief innings thrown by Anderson which is hurting them. Anyway, point is that the Brewers have used a lot of relief pitchers who have given up a lot of runs, but that the current group has been pretty good.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 4:21 PM Post
Posts: 2891
folly412 said:
Let's give credit where due. Suter has been with the team the past two days. [smile]


Agree here.
Counsell even mentioned him by name after yesterday’s game, helping to keep the team loose.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 4:35 PM Post
Posts: 2891
Lathund said:
markedman5 said:
Only 13 pitches....nicely done Josh.........much maligned bullpen sure did the job today.


If you look at the pitchers currently on the roster, the Brewers relief pitchers were tied for 5th entering today with a 3.49 ERA (13th for FIP, 6th xFIP). That does include the relief innings thrown by Houser which is helping those numbers, but also the relief innings thrown by Anderson which is hurting them. Anyway, point is that the Brewers have used a lot of relief pitchers who have given up a lot of runs, but that the current group has been pretty good.


And about to get better imo. Guerra Hader Claudio Pomeranz Jackson Nelson and Peralta are all pitching as good right now as they have all year, albeit Nelson Peralta in AAA. Then Suter can start and give us 60-70 pitches and or pitch long relief. If Houser is ok, this team can win with pitching.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]
Posted: September 01, 2019, 5:09 PM Post
Posts: 33
It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]
Posted: September 01, 2019, 5:19 PM Post
Posts: 2891
Bigal said:
It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.


The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]
Posted: September 01, 2019, 5:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3460
Location: Flower Mound, TX
Brew crew 92 said:
Bigal said:
It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.


The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.


I want to know what you're smoking. They've "beefed up their pitching staff"? LOL. The only guy I'm expecting to see good things from is Woodruff. Nelson didn't show anything that made me believe he could still be a Major League pitcher again. I hope I'm wrong, but you're seriously overvaluing the arms coming up to Milwaukee.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]
Posted: September 01, 2019, 5:43 PM Post
Posts: 2891
The 'stache said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Bigal said:
It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.


The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.


I want to know what you're smoking. They've "beefed up their pitching staff"? LOL. The only guy I'm expecting to see good things from is Woodruff. Nelson didn't show anything that made me believe he could still be a Major League pitcher again. I hope I'm wrong, but you're seriously overvaluing the arms coming up to Milwaukee.


It’s more Guerra Hader Pomeranz Claudio Jackson pitching as well or better than they have all year, then adding 3-4 MPH from Nelson with a months worth of good outings in AAA, and Peralta regaining his control, adding it all up > really good bullpen. Not to mention Suter not giving up a run in a months worth of pitching in his just completed rehab.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 01, 2019, 6:48 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 15305
Brew4U said:
Happ’s temper tantrum there after striking out was a cherry on top of this game. The ball didnt touch you, dude.

His outburst was audible over the radio.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) [Brewers win, 4-0 -- Yelich hits HR #42 off Kimbrel in 9th]
Posted: September 01, 2019, 8:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10200
Brew crew 92 said:
Bigal said:
It's great beating the Cubs but lets not get too excited. The Reds still have a better run differential than we do.


The past doesn’t amount to a hill of beans. This massively injured brewer team is coming together, and their beefed up September pitching staff, Suters aura, and Yelich’s bat, at worst, are gonna make things interesting this last 26 games.


*sigh*


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 02, 2019, 7:03 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2054
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
olliegjw said:
Verlander with a no-no and 13 k's through 8 innings, but the Astros haven't scored either.


One good thing is we won't have to face him this week but they have deep stable of aces on that team.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 02, 2019, 7:08 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2054
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
markedman5 said:
Say what you want about Shaw's offense......and its well deserved......but that guy is solid as rock at 3rd......nice turn by Spangenberg too


Yes, Shaw is great over there but it is a real head scratcher what happened to him offensively this year. [sad]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 02, 2019, 7:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2054
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Harvey'sWBs said:
Whoa, quick hook there, ump show. Somebody is a little insecure!


No kidding. Some of these umps drive me crazy. [rolling eyes]


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-01: Brewers (Gonzalez) at Cubs (Darvish scratched - Chatwood) 1:20 PM CDT
Posted: September 02, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2054
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
PinaMadness said:
Cardinals walk off another one.


Unless the Cards go on an extended losing streak it's gonna be hard to catch them for the division. Our best bet is getting one of the WC spots.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  [ 175 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BruisedCrew and 1 guest

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test