LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-08: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Crew wins the season series vs. Cubs]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-08: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Houser) 1:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:25 PM Post
The brewers did what they had to do. I figured we had to beat them five out of seven to stay alive and they did

Now they have to win every series the rest of the way with maybe a sweep somewhere

Need three our four against the Marlins. Then the brewers are back within a real shot

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-08: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Crew wins the season series vs. Cubs]
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:27 PM Post
Is this where we all remember that the Brewers have given up 25 runs to the hapless Marlins in just three games...?

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals, Cubs, and Manny Machado, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-08: Cubs (Lester) at Brewers (Houser) [Brewers win, 8-5 -- Crew wins the season series vs. Cubs]
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:28 PM Post
Nice to see hader getting his mojo back too

Quote   Reply 
Eye Black said:
Brewers with the season series win over the Cubs, 10 wins and 9 losses.

One thing going in the Brewers favor is they would have the home field advantage in a possible play-in game versus the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies or Mets.

Well, that is if you consider Miller Park the home field advantage vs the Cubs.

[sad]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Yeah, the Marlins probably won't rollover. I expect nothing to be easy for the Brewers

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:32 PM Post
Enormous series win, Brewers back in the thick of it at just 2 game back.

They got back in it...but the run has to continue and they can’t afford to fall back 4+ games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:33 PM Post
It'd be on brand for this season to not take care of business going forward after inspiring victories against the Cubs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:33 PM Post
Feel bad for Jimmy. He's worked really hard to get back but looking unlikely that he will ever be the same again.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:38 PM Post
turborickey said:
Eye Black said:
Brewers with the season series win over the Cubs, 10 wins and 9 losses.

One thing going in the Brewers favor is they would have the home field advantage in a possible play-in game versus the Cubs, Diamondbacks, Phillies or Mets.

[sad]

Turbo, I believe you are a great fan. But how like here, find a negative, just enjoy the moment!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:40 PM Post
We all become become Cardinals down the stretch

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:41 PM Post
The Brewers have a chance...

The perfect motto for this playoff push, just to get the goats of the Wrigley faithful - from the NFL's GOAT:
"Never Die Easy." - #34, Walter Payton

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:42 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
Put Moose in for Arcia only to pinch hit for him next inning? Now who plays third? Shaw? Arcia has to be disciplined for something.

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 73186?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:52 PM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:

[sad]

Seemed pretty Brewer cheer heavy the last couple of days, honestly.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 3:56 PM Post
PeaveyFury said:
turborickey said:

[sad]

Seemed pretty Brewer cheer heavy the last couple of days, honestly.

When the Brewers did something good, there were lots of cheers, but when the Cubs did something good, there were surely the same amount of cheers.

I'm not sure that by listening to crowd noise for this series, you could tell who was the home team and who was the visitors in comparison.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:15 PM Post
Who cares about cheers. In MLB I think the familiarity with the stadium and the sense of being in your home park means more than occasional cheers. Let’s not act like this is the NFL where fans will make it hard to hear your QB etc.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:25 PM Post
markedman5 said:
Bulldogboy said:
Put Moose in for Arcia only to pinch hit for him next inning? Now who plays third? Shaw? Arcia has to be disciplined for something.

https://twitter.com/adammccalvy/status/ ... 73186?s=21

That's a good reason to get pulled.
I got no problem with that.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:26 PM Post
Not sure how anyone can watch a Cubs series at Miller Park and not realize that it isn't the typical home field advantage vs other teams. The Cubs fans really do take over Miller Park, not trying to stir up controversy, just stating facts.

When the Cubs did anything good, you could not tell they were on the road, the cheers were just as loud as when the Brewers did something good.

Facts is facts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:32 PM Post
I was at the game today. Third behind the plate a little to the first base side. I din't think the Cubs fans were that bad or even that loud. Oh, and I also got video of the home plate umpire getting hit with the ball.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:40 PM Post
So, the Brewers get at least a few more days of “meaningful games in September”. The longer they can keep that going the better.

One of the fun things about this for me is that I’m not feeling the anxiety that I have when I think the Brewers should be making the playoffs but look like they might blow it. Remember 2008 when they had a 5 game lead for the wild card around Labor Day, then went through the swoon that led to Yost’s firing, and needed some choking by the Mets to get the spot.

I might also find out how I really feel about the second wild card spot. Since they first added the second WC spot I have always thought that getting that wouldn’t really feel like being in the playoffs unless you won the WC game. The team would be in and out of the playoffs in a day without even having a home playoff game. I know last year I wasn’t going to be satisfied until they clinched at least the first wild card spot. As it turned out they did that on the same day they clinched a playoff berth with the win over the Cardinals.

I’m still skeptical that this patchwork lineup and pitching staff can bring this home. But the Cubs are really leaking oil with some of their injuries and they have those 7 games with the Cardinals to deal with. If the Brewers can’t get the WC, the Cubs not getting it would be the next best thing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 08, 2019, 4:48 PM Post
turborickey said:
I am REALLY sick of BA's overreaction on fly balls.

He has been doing this long enough that he should have a handle on how balls carry in Miller Park.

Geez.

In his defense, He's only called about four games this year at Miller Park.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 207 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply