LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:54 PM Post
Wow. That’s devastating. I hope the team reacts positively and doesn’t just hang it up. Obviously this puts a huge damper on their chances but they can still compete without him.

But wow. What a terrible way to end his season, and MVP hopes. Rehab time.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:55 PM Post
This wouldn't be the end if Shaw Moose and Hiura were healthy and hitting much less Cain. Unfortunately they are not so I think that's the season. Unless Tyrone Taylor is flying under the radar as mini Mike Trout.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) 6:10 PM CDT
Pugger said:
Now what do we do?

Rise above it. Hiura will be back next week. Moose is almost back. Pina back on Thursday. Woodruff back for the last 10 game stretch. We are not done!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) 6:10 PM CDT
LouisEly said:
Seriously, how many players in MLB history have suffered a broken kneecap on a foul ball? I can't think of one.

Well, I can think of one now.

Quote   Reply 
God, now we really need Moose and Huira.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
Trent Grisham is now a fulltime player. No reason to platoon him. He'll step in in RF and take all of Yelich's innings. Ben Gamel takes on a bigger role as well as the main backup OF, and needs to be ready. It is possible that Tyrone Taylor sees a decent amount of time as well. Yelich obviously is not replaceable, but the rest of the lineup has to step up to fill that massive hole.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:58 PM Post
Pugger said:

No, we can't get over this week. Maybe next year.

Sorry. Thought you were implying that he was at the game. See you next year maybe!

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:
This wouldn't be the end if Shaw Moose and Hiura were healthy and hitting much less Cain. Unfortunately they are not so I think that's the season. Unless Tyrone Taylor is flying under the radar as mini Mike Trout.

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a team rallied and played above their heads to make up for a superstar going down. You see it more often in football ... but it has happened in baseball too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 8:59 PM Post
Cubs down 5-2.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:00 PM Post
Crew still has a very favorable schedule coming in. This is awful but not the end. Go Crew!

Quote   Reply 
Lostpawn said:
Pugger said:

No, we can't get over this week. Maybe next year.

Sorry. Thought you were implying that he was at the game. See you next year maybe!

That would be fun. That looks like a nice ball park and tickets should be easy to get. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
willie key said:
Hiura and moose need to get back quick. Along with woodruff

Woodruff is not coming back except maybe for a couple of one inning appearances.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:01 PM Post
Is this something that will affect Yelich for next season too?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:03 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:
willie key said:
Hiura and moose need to get back quick. Along with woodruff

Woodruff is not coming back except maybe for a couple of one inning appearances.

Who cares about pitching. Let him hit

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:03 PM Post
I dunno. We are probably done. It's just not our year. First Woodruff, then Hiura, Moose, and now Yelich? We're approaching an AAA lineup.

I mean crazy things happen, it is baseball, but you're talking Hollywood level miracles at this point. It's just not very realistic. You need just about everything to go right. Bullpen turns back the clock to 2018, Braun turns back the clock to 2012, Hiura returns and him and Grisham rake the rest of the season.

I mean, we'll all keep cheering, that's all we can do. It's just quite a gut punch to finally go on a nice run, already be hanging by a thread on injuries and now unbelievably have this happen on top of it. The baseball Gods can piss right off.

Last edited by adambr2 on September 10, 2019, 9:04 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Cubs down 5-2.

That won’t last long. Padres are garbaggio

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:

From what I've seen, its a tough rehab, but he should be able to make a full recovery in 3-4 months.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:05 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:

Guess it depends. If they need to insert screws and wires into the bone fragments so they heal as one piece that’s much worse than a non-surgical fracture.

Either way I think it’s non-weight bearing on the leg for 6 to 8 weeks minimum which means no lifting, running or working out

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:05 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Bulldogboy said:

I get what you're saying, but at the same time, it certainly wouldn't be the first time that a team rallied and played above their heads to make up for a superstar going down. You see it more often in football ... but it has happened in baseball too.

The good news is they don't have to do it for 80-100 games they only have to play well for 20. They have something to rally around now and it can be done. Hiura and Moose need back now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I dunno. We are probably done. It's just not our year.

I mean crazy things happen, it is baseball, but you're talking Hollywood level miracles at this point. It's just not very realistic. You need just about everything to go right. Bullpen turns back the clock to 2018, Braun turns back the clock to 2012, Hiura returns and him and Grisham rake the rest of the season.

I mean, we'll all keep cheering, that's all we can do. It's just quite a gut punch to finally go on a nice run, already be hanging by a thread on injuries and now unbelievably have this happen on top of it. The baseball Gods can piss right off.

Well what this does is basically make our lineup even with the marlins these next two games so we might be able to flip a coin and beat them

Going to St. Louis could be a disaster though. Cubs are going to have to lose some games this week. Padres and Pittsburgh. We could be four back by Sunday

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply