LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:06 PM Post
Players knew in the 4th inning, and held it together to take the game.

This sucks ... it's a bad, bad deal. But there are a bunch of other very talented players on this team.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:08 PM Post
Just watched the interview where Stearns breaks the news of the injury and the first question to him by a reporter:

"Just how devastating is this, David?"

[rolling eyes] [rolling eyes] [rolling eyes]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:14 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Just watched the interview where Stearns breaks the news of the injury and the first question to him by a reporter:

Well sports journalists aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:15 PM Post
willie key said:
Brew crew 92 said:
Cubs down 5-2.

That won’t last long. Padres are garbaggio

So are the Cubbies. They are the most overrated team in baseball history.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:19 PM Post
My lineup tomorrow would be:

1) Grisham RF
2) Cain CF
3) Grandal C
4) Moustakas 3B
5) Braun LF
6) Thames 1B
7) Perez 2B
8) Spangenberg SS

After Hiura and Arcia return:

1) Grisham
2) Hiura
3) Grandal
4) Braun
5) Moustakas
6) Cain
7) Thames
8) Arcia

That's not terrible all things considered. Could score some runs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:21 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
adambr2 said:

Well sports journalists aren’t the sharpest knives in the drawer

Yeah...and what are they supposed to say I guess, but goodness, at least come back with a "What can your team and players do to rally around each other and lift each other up right now?"

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
adambr2 said:

1) Grisham RF
2) Cain CF
3) Grandal C
4) Moustakas 3B
5) Braun LF
6) Thames 1B
7) Perez 2B
8) Spangenberg SS

1) Grisham
2) Hiura
3) Grandal
4) Braun
5) Moustakas
6) Cain
7) Thames
8) Arcia

Agree completely. And no, this isn’t a AAA team. There’s still a ton of talent here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:23 PM Post
I actually like that last lineup a lot!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:25 PM Post
Cards lose > 5 games from the division lead! That’s not over either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:26 PM Post
Is there anyone to bring up to add depth at this point?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:29 PM Post
adambr2 said:

1) Grisham RF
2) Cain CF
3) Grandal C
4) Moustakas 3B
5) Braun LF
6) Thames 1B
7) Perez 2B
8) Spangenberg SS

1) Grisham
2) Hiura
3) Grandal
4) Braun
5) Moustakas
6) Cain
7) Thames
8) Arcia

I’m all in with Shaw at this point. I want to make the playoffs with Shaw as a regular. How ridiculous would that be

Plus I love the big moment and redemption posts every game. That dude must have had 3.5 billion turnaround this is the one........moments this year

The Shaw callup for hiura will live in brewer fan infamy. No matter the reason or excuse people will remember that

Last edited by willie key on September 10, 2019, 9:31 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:30 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:

That I can safely say is over. Barring a sweep this weekend. Which looks unlikely

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:32 PM Post
Bulldogboy said:

Why would they? They have 5 OFs still on the active roster, and Perez, Spangenberg and Austin who can also play out there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:34 PM Post
willie key said:
Brew crew 92 said:

That I can safely say is over. Barring a sweep this weekend. Which looks unlikely

I’m not listening to you people anymore. You already called it a season months ago.

Quote   Reply 
Bulldogboy said:

Nah. I mean they already still have 5 OFs on the roster (Grisham, Cain, Braun, Gamel, Taylor) not counting Perez and Spangenberg who can play OF and Thames and Austin who can fake their way through it.

They still have plenty of bodies when they get Moose and Hiura back, they just need those two back every day.

Quote   Reply 
How many outs in a row will it take for Shaw to get in the .130s range

I don’t know if I’ve ever seen that before

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Bulldogboy said:

Nah. I mean they already still have 5 OFs on the roster (Grisham, Cain, Braun, Gamel, Taylor) not counting Perez and Spangenberg who can play OF and Thames and Austin who can fake their way through it.

They still have plenty of bodies when they get Moose and Hiura back, they just need those two back every day.

Let’s get another pitcher up here.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
willie key said:
Brew crew 92 said:

I’m not listening to you people anymore. You already called it a season months ago.

Probably unwise to call out anyone else for bad hot takes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
willie key said:
adambr2 said:
Bulldogboy said:

Let’s get another pitcher up here.

Same deal really. Just need to get Woodruff healthy. Everyone who can help is already up. I guess they could bring up Supak but if he hasn't been brought up by now I'd guess he's already been shut down for the season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 11:08 PM Post
So much for picking up a game.
Padres just gave up 3 on two bombs to tie it in the 8th at 8.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply