LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) [Brewers win 4-3 -- Yelich suffers season ending knee cap fracture]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:43 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Anderson has thrown 64 pitches through 4. Yanking him only over works and already taxed pen. Anderson has also not pitched bad tonight. Starters are going to give up runs. It’s part of the game.

In August sure I agree but it's like a 50 man pen right now. With the hard contact he's giving up, the walks and his spot coming up there's no reason to keep him out there. He wasn't fooling anyone and benefited from facing a weak lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:43 PM Post
Shaw followed by Freitas is absolutely brutal. I shudder to imagine a world where the two of them have to start at the same time.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-10: Brewers (Anderson) at Marlins (Hernández) 6:10 PM CDT

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:46 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:
Anderson has thrown 64 pitches through 4. Yanking him only over works and already taxed pen. Anderson has also not pitched bad tonight. Starters are going to give up runs. It’s part of the game.

In August sure I agree but it's like a 50 man pen right now. With the hard contact he's giving up, the walks and his spot coming up there's no reason to keep him out there. He wasn't fooling anyone and benefited from facing a weak lineup.

I just think this pen runs out of gas if they keep down this road. They have solid pieces in there but only one horse. Would have liked to see another inning or two from Anderson tonight.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:47 PM Post
Harvey'sWBs said:
Shaw followed by Freitas is absolutely brutal. I shudder to imagine a world where the two of them have to start at the same time.

Shaw has a higher probability to be better while Freitas is what he is a AAAA player. He had a good year in AAA but AAAA players do that from time to time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:47 PM Post
Shaw is a guilty pleasure right now. Send him out there every day. It’s gotten fun to watch a guy basically being the equivalent of the fat guy sitting on the barstool saying he could do that

He’s actually right.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:48 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

I just think this pen runs out of gas if they keep down this road. They have solid pieces in there but only one horse. Would have liked to see another inning or two from Anderson tonight.

Yep. We need longer starts these last 20 games

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:49 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Pugger said:
Brew crew 92 said:
I’ve seen a lot of 96’s from Anderson. I’m watching the marlins broadcast. Lack of pitches thrown by chase this year keeping him strong.

I usually watch games via our Sling Box but the picture on that sux.

Painful watching the broadcast, feel bad for the guys that have to talk about about their “stacked” farm, and how they want so bad to play spoiler. Brutally boring. Interviewing Jazz Chisholm, all or nothing SS, they got from Arizona for Zach Gallen. Terrible interview.

It was a pretty bad interview, but I’m all for the messaging about Hurricane Dorian relief for his home country.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:49 PM Post
I kinda feel sorry for Shaw. It is a shame how this season has gone for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:50 PM Post
Not another damn walk...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:52 PM Post
Travis Shaw is making over $4M. I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. I just wish he’d relax and play some ball.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:53 PM Post
[sad] [sad]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:54 PM Post
Anyone else notice that there is always one player that Anderson can't get out in every start he has.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:54 PM Post
An effective Jimmy Nelson who could go multiple innings would sure be nice right about now. But that’s a fantasy.

What is best in life? To crush the Cardinals and Cubs, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentation of their fanboys.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:55 PM Post
Hopefully The 4 inning 2 run start will turn into an 8-5 loss as predicted earlier

I meant will not. Ugh. Sorry

Last edited by willie key on September 10, 2019, 6:56 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:56 PM Post
Pugger said:

Yeah he seems like he needs to just not even think about baseball for a while and kind of mentally reset. I hope he has a good off season with his family. I’m not ready to give up on the guy but I’m pretty much ready to give up on his 2019 season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:57 PM Post
Brew4U said:
Travis Shaw is making over $4M. I don’t feel sorry for him one bit. I just wish he’d relax and play some ball.

You're all heart.

Unless he turns it around soon those millions will be history. Plus his struggles are doing us no favors.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:57 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Pugger said:

Yeah he seems like he needs to just not even think about baseball for a while and kind of mentally reset. I hope he has a good off season with his family. I’m not ready to give up on the guy but I’m pretty much ready to give up on his 2019 season.

He might want to think about another job

The world needs ditch diggers too

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:58 PM Post
Brew4U said:
adambr2 said:
Brew4U said:

Having 13 in the bullpen doesn't do a lot of good when they include Nelson, Peralta, Albers, Faria.

Who's really better than Anderson? Hader, Black, Suter, maybe Guerra, Pomeranz, and Claudio but not by much.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 10, 2019, 6:58 PM Post
Pugger said:
Brew4U said:

You're all heart.

Unless he turns it around soon those millions will be history. Plus his struggles are doing us no favors.

Those millions is money he’s making no matter what.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 10, 2019, 7:00 PM Post
Nice work from Albers to get out of that jam. Time for another crooked number [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 21  Next  [ 412 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply