LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 43 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-23 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications

Offline  Re: 2019-09-23 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications

Posted: September 23, 2019, 7:31 PM Post
LOL, those Mets announcers were begging. 8-4 Marlins.

BTW, Mets-Marlins is MLB.TV free game of the day.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 7:59 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
I think people are making this much more gloom and doom than this has to be. All the Brewers have to do is go 3-3 against a couple bad teams and it's all over, and even if they go 2-4 the Mets and Cubs would still have to go undefeated the rest of the way just to force a tie, and we own the tiebreaker over both those teams.

I’m not hearing any gloom and doom, just not taking anything for granted.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:25 PM Post
Cardinals bringing out the whooping sticks on the DBacks.

DBacks announcers seem more interested in gushing over “Goldy’s” return to Arizona than the DBacks winning a game.

Last edited by BruisedCrew on September 23, 2019, 8:27 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:27 PM Post
BruisedCrew said:

It's 2-1 in the top of the 3rd?? [ohwell]

And of course as I was typing, Goldie homers to make it 4-1. I'm so PO'd that the Cubs couldn't win a single game in that series against the Cards...I REALLY envisioned the Crew being only a game(2 at most) back of the Cards starting tonight.

Last edited by Brewcrewin07 on September 23, 2019, 8:29 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:28 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
BruisedCrew said:

It's 2-1 in the top of the 3rd?? [ohwell]

It was 4-1 when I posted that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:30 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Perhaps the most entertaining baseball of the night was Jhoulys Chacin serving up gopher balls to the Rays. I can't believe that guy was the anchor of our rotation a year ago!!!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:35 PM Post
owbc said:
Perhaps the most entertaining baseball of the night was Jhoulys Chacin serving up gopher balls to the Rays. I can't believe that guy was the anchor of our rotation a year ago!!!

Not only that ... he was legitimately good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:39 PM Post
Mets lose to Marlins

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
Mets loss puts them 5 back. Phillies done. I think the Cubbies could definitely lose a game to the pirates. Pittsburgh embarrassed by Cubbies last weekend, will come back to haunt them. Day off and a possible Hurdle meeting with his injured and undermanned team, imo, will have them playing the 3 games with everything they have. They win at least 1. Book it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:41 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
owbc said:

He had a 4.58 SIERRA last year. His past 8 seasons by sierra are 5.14, 4.27, 4.77, 4.28, 4.38, 4.63, 4.58, 5.01. His skills haven't changed at all, just his ERA has which is basically random over a single season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:49 PM Post
Ennder said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
owbc said:

He had a 4.58 SIERRA last year. His past 8 seasons by sierra are 5.14, 4.27, 4.77, 4.28, 4.38, 4.63, 4.58, 5.01. His skills haven't changed at all, just his ERA has which is basically random over a single season.

Chacin anchored the staff of the best team record wise in the National League last season. He was decent all year, but was especially good from September on last year. I realize your analytics say otherwise, but sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:50 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Mets loss puts them 5 back. Phillies done. I think the Cubbies could definitely lose a game to the pirates. Pittsburgh embarrassed by Cubbies last weekend, will come back to haunt them. Day off and a possible Hurdle meeting with his injured and undermanned team, imo, will have them playing the 3 games with everything they have. They win at least 1. Book it.

I think the Pirates get one too. Just very rare that an MLB team drops 12 in a row, and the Pirates are sitting at 9 straight losses.

Lot of game left in the desert, especially in that park and even with the humidor.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:56 PM Post
It was almost impossible watching the Phillies play vs the Nats. Kapler has to be the worst manager in baseball history. His team has totally given up, listless, just like last year, when they finished with 8 or 9 losses in a row. If he’s not fired tonight or tomorrow night after they get swept in the doubleheader, the Nats will win these next 4 games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 8:58 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Chacin anchored the staff of the best team record wise in the National League last season. He was decent all year, but was especially good from September on last year. I realize your analytics say otherwise, but sometimes numbers don't tell the whole story.

And most of the time they do. Chacin was not a good pitcher last year, he had good results. Those are two very different statements. If your opinion of what makes a good pitcher is based on small samples of ERA your opinion is simply not valid. It takes 500 IP for ERA to become even marginally meaningful, it just isn't a stat you should be basing pitcher success on. It is like saying whether a hitter is good or bad based on his number of triples, it seriously is that bad of a stat to rely on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 9:04 PM Post
Ennder said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

And most of the time they do. Chacin was not a good pitcher last year, he had good results. Those are two very different statements. If your opinion of what makes a good pitcher is based on small samples of ERA your opinion is simply not valid. It takes 500 IP for ERA to become even marginally meaningful, it just isn't a stat you should be basing pitcher success on. It is like saying whether a hitter is good or bad based on his number of triples, it seriously is that bad of a stat to rely on.

I don't even think I could tell you what Chacin's ERA was last year, and I don't care to look. So no need to condescend with your holier than thou stat geek schtick. I saw a pitcher who pitched well during the stretch run last year, in game 163, and in the playoffs. He also had a lot of bad games, especially early on. That's all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 9:33 PM Post
DBacks are chipping away. Have to get up early for a flight tomorrow; headed to NY for a round of golf at Winged Foot on Wednesday.

Maybe I’ll have a pleasant surprise when I get up tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 9:35 PM Post
We got a ballgame in the desert...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 10:17 PM Post
7-5 Cardinals in the 8th now. Not looking too good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 10:43 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Unfortunately the Cardinals are good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 23, 2019, 10:56 PM Post
owbc said:
Unfortunately the Cardinals are good.

Remind me of last years Brewers. Winning a lot of close games and find ways to score at the end.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 43 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply