LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-24 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Phillies @ Nats Doubleheader

Offline  Re: 2019-09-24 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Phillies @ Nats Doubleheader

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:50 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
Wow, what a game. 24 total pitchers used (11 by STL) and the Cards end up falling. I know it is a bit different is Sept when you have expanded rosters ... but for as many times as we make the joke "I hope they play 2 innings and burn through their entire bullpen" ... for it to happen at this time is kind of fun. Hope they are tired today [smile]

They play today at 2:30. You can bet both teams are going to be wiped. DBacks are throwing Merrill Kelly against Michael Wacha, which is a matchup that may actually favor the DBacks, if only slightly. Boy, if the DBacks find a way to steal today's game, and the Brewers take care of business the next two days, there's a possibility that the Brewers go into this weekend one game back of the Cards.

I mean, none of this is probable, but you continue to cheer for the math to work until it no longer does. But those of you saying that the Brewers stand no shot at the division are probably jumping the gun a bit.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-24 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Phillies @ Nats Doubleheader

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:53 AM Post
Cards have to lose today and we have to pick up another one. Then I'd say it's game on. It'd be game on if the Cubs had mustered one stupid win.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 7:06 AM Post
I fell asleep on the couch watching around the 8th inning. I woke up at about 1:30am and it was the 14th inning. Watched one more and then got in bed. Happy to see it went 19 inning and the Cardinals lost.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 63 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply