LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-25 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Cards and D-Backs @ 2:40 on YouTube!

Offline  Re: 2019-09-25 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Cards and D-Backs @ 2:40 on YouTube!

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:40 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
But but I thought the D Backs had nothing to play for and we’re just going to lay down?!?!?

Did anyone say that? I honestly don't remember seeing it, maybe they did and I just missed it, I've just seen the sarcastic version a couple times.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-25 Other MLB Games with Playoff Implications - Cards and D-Backs @ 2:40 on YouTube!

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:41 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
But but I thought the D Backs had nothing to play for and we’re just going to lay down?!?!?

Attanasio is probably writing out checks to the Diamondbacks to keep playing hard since he has been hoarding his money with the low payroll and has a lot more to dish out.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:43 PM Post
adambr2 said:
MrTPlush said:

Did anyone say that? I honestly don't remember seeing it, maybe they did and I just missed it, I've just seen the sarcastic version a couple times.

Yes, people constantly play the Debbie Downer teams out of it just give up. Mention how they have no confidence in ‘X’ team playing the Cubs/Nationals/Cardinals. How the division is over cause the Cardinals play ‘X’ teams.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:
MrTPlush said:

I think the point was people were saying teams that have nothing to play for would just roll over and die playing teams playing for playoff position.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:48 PM Post
Please, please, please give the cubs some reason to win the cards series this weekend.. if they do, the crew will take care of their business and win this division again!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:50 PM Post
Fear The Chorizo said:
Please, please, please give the cubs some reason to win the cards series this weekend.. if they do, the crew will take care of their business and win this division again!

They already do. The Cards embarrassed them at Wrigley last weekend. I'm sure they would like to return the favor.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:54 PM Post
Ironic that we'll be full on cheering for the Cubs this weekend while the vast majority of their fans won't care less about the results.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 5:56 PM Post
I am guessing Twirly is really proud of what the Pirates are doing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:09 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
The teams that are eliminated have been helping us much more than the ones that were still alive.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:20 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Ironic that we'll be full on cheering for the Cubs this weekend while the vast majority of their fans won't care less about the results.

That fair weather fanbase is dying so fast and I am loving it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:23 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
adambr2 said:

Would not be surprised if the White Sox have a better W/L record than the Cubs next year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 6:27 PM Post
owbc said:
MrTPlush said:
adambr2 said:

Would not be surprised if the White Sox have a better W/L record than the Cubs next year.

The way the Cubs have finished the season for the second year in a row, you have to wonder if the Cubs are on the downslide. They've got a couple aging pitchers in Hamels and Lester and have other bad contracts. Plus even they have reached their spending threshold.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 7:08 PM Post
Man are the Phillies worthless

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 7:14 PM Post
IIAY said:
Man are the Phillies worthless

I said back on Monday they wouldn’t win a game vs the Nats. But at least they are sorta kinda trying this game. Kapler is the worst manager in baseball, just ahead of Calloway who’s just ahead of Martinez.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 25, 2019, 10:17 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Pulling for Greinke to finish this no-no...especially since earlier this year he said it would be a "hassle" if he gets one LOL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 11:42 AM Post

Resident Cardinals Refugee
What a weekend we're in for. What kind of Cub team will show up? What's the mindset of a fallen giant with a big shakeup eminent in the off season?

What about the Rockies? A bad team but not awful at home. Will there even be a decent crowd at Coors? If the Brewers win today it's a 50-50 chance, in my mind they will end in a dead heat with Cards Sunday night.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 56 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply