7. Orlando Arcia (R) SS 7. Kyle Farmer (R) 3B
8. Ben Gamel (L) RF 8. Curt Casali (R) C
9. Chase Anderson (R) P 9. Luis Castillo (R) P

Chase Anderson: Batter (Reds) vs Pitching Stats

Luis Castillo: Batter (Brewers) vs Pitching Stats

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT

Posted: September 26, 2019, 6:27 AM Post
Nice of them to give us the early game so we can also watch the Packers tonight [smile]

Go get the division boys. Something else to consider in a possible playoff scenario for the division.. I think Flaherty lines up to Monday if I'm not mistaken? I wonder if St. Louis would burn him on Sunday if they needed a win vs. hold him back to Monday for a playoff game for the division?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 7:12 AM Post
I really hope they celebrated responsibly so the A-team isn’t too hungover to win (especially against a tough pitcher like Castillo)!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 7:15 AM Post
Brewers get a break. Suarez isn't in the starting line up for the reds today.

Peraza
Votto
VanMeter
Ervin
Iglesias
Farmer
Casali
Castillo

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT

Posted: September 26, 2019, 7:45 AM Post
Just lay down Reds. Let us have this one. You know you don't want the Cards winning this division.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 7:53 AM Post
Grisham - CF
Grandal - C
Hiura - 2B
Thames - 1B
Spangenberg - LF
Shaw - 3B
Arcia - SS
Gamel - RF
Anderson - P

No Braun, Moose or Cain in the lineup today. Hopefully the reserves can get the bats going against a good pitcher.

Pretty cool that Shaw draws the start in Marty Brennaman's final game. Shaw grew up in Cincy, his dad was an All-Star closer with the Reds, and Shaw considers Brennaman one of his heroes. Today would be a terrific day for Travis to go off.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:05 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
Just lay down Reds. Let us have this one. You know you don't want the Cards winning this division.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:23 AM Post
Shaw!?!? We are trying to win a division. If someone is not going to make the playoff roster they should not be starting these last 4 games. Well now at least he will get 3 hits since I posted this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:24 AM Post
I wouldn't fully count out Shaw for a roster spot. I know that will set a lot of people off but I could see it occurring for pinch-hitting purposes.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:24 AM Post
topper09er said:
Shaw!?!? We are trying to win a division. If someone is not going to make the playoff roster they should not be starting these last 4 games. Well now at least he will get 3 hits since I posted this.

I dig the reverse psychology [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:31 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
Nice of them to give us the early game so we can also watch the Packers tonight [smile]

Go get the division boys. Something else to consider in a possible playoff scenario for the division.. I think Flaherty lines up to Monday if I'm not mistaken? I wonder if St. Louis would burn him on Sunday if they needed a win vs. hold him back to Monday for a playoff game for the division?

No, they'd just play to win Sunday so as to not have to play Monday at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:32 AM Post
Global Moderator
Brew4U said:
I wouldn't fully count out Shaw for a roster spot. I know that will set a lot of people off but I could see it occurring for pinch-hitting purposes.

For the potential Wild Card roster when you don't have to carry as many pitchers that might make sense, but I would pretty surprised if he made any of the playoff rosters beyond that assuming everyone else remains healthy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:53 AM Post
tmwiese55 said:
liveforoctober said:

That's what I mean though .. if they are playing to win Sunday they would pitch Flaherty on 3 days rest and go with Wainwright in a playoff scenario on Monday.. if that ended being the case we would avoid Flaherty for that playoff game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 9:04 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
tmwiese55 said:
liveforoctober said:

That's what I mean though .. if they are playing to win Sunday they would pitch Flaherty on 3 days rest and go with Wainwright in a playoff scenario on Monday.. if that ended being the case we would avoid Flaherty for that playoff game.

I am pretty sure that Flaherty started on Tuesday, so Sunday would be full rest for him if he were to start.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 9:06 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think I might listen to the red's feed today, to hear Marty's last game. I lived in Cincy for 5 years and really enjoyed him. A true great!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 9:10 AM Post
Brew4U said:

I would struggle with that move personally. He is 2 for 25 in September and has been lost all season. At this point Jeff Cirillo might be a better option! If we have an important PH at bat in a wild card playoff game ... I can't say I'll be excited if Shaw comes to the plate.

I hope I'm wrong on every account.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 9:11 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
tmwiese55 said:
liveforoctober said:

Ah brain farted there. Thought it said Flaherty lined up to pitch Sunday, my bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 9:45 AM Post
liveforoctober said:
Brew4U said:

I would struggle with that move personally. He is 2 for 25 in September and has been lost all season. At this point Jeff Cirillo might be a better option! If we have an important PH at bat in a wild card playoff game ... I can't say I'll be excited if Shaw comes to the plate.

He's had some big at-bats for the Brewers over the last two weeks helping us get to the playoffs. His line over the last 14 days is .286/.500/.714/1.214 in 10 plate appearances with 2 hits (1HR), 3 walks, and 3 runs scored.

I'm not saying I am totally sold on him being the Shaw of old but at some point, you have to look past the season stats for him and look at what he's doing currently. Today will tell us a bit too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 10:08 AM Post
Flaherty would be on normal rest on Sunday. If I were them, and won the first 2 I would hold off. But what do they do if they lose one of the first 2 and need the win on Sunday to force a 163? I would probably hold him anyway. They lose then they have him for the wildcard. If they win anyway then they have him for 163.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 26, 2019, 10:18 AM Post
Brew4U said:
liveforoctober said:
Brew4U said:

He's had some big at-bats for the Brewers over the last two weeks helping us get to the playoffs. His line over the last 14 days is .286/.500/.714/1.214 in 10 plate appearances with 2 hits (1HR), 3 walks, and 3 runs scored.

I'm not saying I am totally sold on him being the Shaw of old but at some point, you have to look past the season stats for him and look at what he's doing currently. Today will tell us a bit too.

If Shaw makes the playoff roster (which I don't think he will), it'd be for maybe one pinch hit appearance in the Wild Card game, so I'm not sure it makes a huge difference either way.

Given that Moose/Thames are already lefties, I'd guess they'd want a righty off the bench and pick Austin instead, who also has done well in a small sample size.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply