LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 5-3]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) 11:35 AM CDT
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:31 PM Post
topper09er said:
Now with an 0-3 with a BB, Shaw has a .154 batting average with 267 PAs.

In MLB history among players with at least 267 PAs in a season, only 9 players have had a lower batting average than Shaw this year. There have been 26,571 player-seasons with at least 267 PAs.

If you only look at the live ball era (1920 +)....
Shaw is the all time leader with the lowest single season batting average among players with at least 267 PA. We are witnessing history people!! I should cross post this in the optimism thread

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 5-3]
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:35 PM Post
Same spot as last year, 1 game back entering the final weekend of the season

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-26: Brewers (Anderson) at Reds (Castillo) [Brewers win, 5-3]
Barring the unforeseen, this team is going to get 90 wins. Simply unbelievable.

Quote   Reply 
...and the train keeps rolling!

Don't you people have jobs? [laughing]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:37 PM Post
Basically play at the same time as STL the next three days with them starting 1 hour earlier Saturday night.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:44 PM Post
Would it be considered tampering for the Brewers to pay Maddon to stay back in Chicago?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:48 PM Post
GO

CUBS

GO!!!

(eww, ewww, ewwww ... that feels gross to say)

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 1:52 PM Post
It's also great that being so close to the Cards, they can't rest guys this weekend, they have to win just as much as we do.

If we keep winning, they have to play to win and can't rest their starters.

This is fun.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 2:07 PM Post
turborickey said:
It's also great that being so close to the Cards, they can't rest guys this weekend, they have to win just as much as we do.

This is fun.

That's on the Cardinals. No one made them run out that AAA lineup yesterday. I sure am glad they did, though.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 2:09 PM Post
To say the Rockies starter tomorrow sucks would be the understatement of the year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 2:20 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
turborickey said:

This is fun.

That's on the Cardinals. No one made them run out that AAA lineup yesterday. I sure am glad they did, though.

The funny part is they didn't even properly celebrate clinching a playoff appearance the night before.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 3:00 PM Post
I thought there was no way we'd get all 3 of these games. Wow. Just wow. I'm going to keep doubting this team because who knows what happens when I stop. We'll probably get swept in Colorado.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 3:08 PM Post
turborickey said:
...and the train keeps rolling!

Don't you people have jobs? [laughing]

Not me. I'm retired. [wink]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 3:55 PM Post
You know, on another thread, I suggested the Crew think about using Moose at shortstop next year, and Arcia has a decent game at the plate.

It was as if the fear of the balls were removed from his bats.

So... should the treatment continue? Will it work on Travis Shaw?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 5:26 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
GO

CUBS

GO!!!

(eww, ewww, ewwww ... that feels gross to say)

How about...

SUCK

CARDS

SUCK!!!

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 5:47 PM Post
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
I thought there was no way we'd get all 3 of these games. Wow. Just wow. I'm going to keep doubting this team because who knows what happens when I stop. We'll probably get swept in Colorado.

I don't know how Craig Counsell doesn't win Manager of the year after this. I thought he got robbed last year, but this year? This is a 82-83 win team talent wise. And he's just got them playing like he played. Just getting every last ounce of ability out of these guys....and despite not having a #1,2 or 3 pitcher, missing their MVP bat, their best reliever and a number of other guys, they've run off 18 of 20 games heading into the final 3 games of the season.

And I was always a bit of a Yost apologist...I thought he was treated a bit unfairly on here at times(by all Brewers fans) but there's something to how the Yost teams got tight in the big moments or late in the year, but somehow Counsell is able to keep them lose and just playing. I have to believe some of that is from the manager.

I looked at this series and thought we could lose 2 of 3. Cincy's a good talented team and we faced good pitching. But they just handled their business.

How crazy would it be if THIS was the year they actually won the World Series. How big of an upset would that be? Like the Cards team around '05 or '06. Of course they had one of the weakest NL fields in quite a while while we've got a very tough one(and then a tougher AL field). But just getting back there with everything we went through...that'd be amazing.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 26, 2019, 8:16 PM Post
we usually have issues with sucky pitchers just keep on winning and hope the cubs so that they still have any heart as ballplayers.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  [ 157 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply