LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Online  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:16 PM Post
Underachiever said:
Albee’s only threw six pitches, so he should be available tomorrow.

Hopefully he can go a full 9 innings to make sure he's nowhere near the playoff roster.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:16 PM Post
turborickey said:
Now we need a Cubs sweep, and a salvage win to tie for the division.

Not good.

Not going to happen against Flaherty...the Brewers had their chances...just absolutely choked. It's disgusting to think they SHOULD/Could be up a game in the division right now if they had taken care of business in Colorado. Tomorrow feels like a Rockies shellacking to be honest.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:17 PM Post
I look back to that stretch of games we had against last place teams a few months ago. Even playing .500 ball against those teams and we have the division wrapped up before this weekend. Every game counts. Even ones in April.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) 7:10 PM CDT
Harvey'sWBs said:
Coors field sucks

Works both ways though. No reason to score two runs tonight.

Quote   Reply 
willie key said:
I don’t even want to watch the wild card game now. Just a horrible taste in my mouth to end the season. Screw hader. He sucks.

Come on. Yes this loss sucks big time but Hader doesn't suck. Base running errors killed us tonight.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Brewcrewin07 said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
I get why he was out there. But this is exactly why I didn't want Hader out there. If we were up 2 he'd be my first guy up but he is so susceptible to bombs that any trash hitter can tie it up.

I didn't want to say it but I didn't feel good abut him either.

I just can't believe the nut punch this game was...well heading to Washington..what a choke job. This was my concern, the Cubs would give them the help they needed and the Crew couldn't capitalize. Just imagine, the Brewers could be 1 game up heading into tomorrow and in the drivers seat had they taken care of business.

Well, you checked out on this team weeks ago, so why would you care?

Yeah, why are you (Brewcrewin07) even here? I remember your promise that you would leave. Not much for a man of your word I guess.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:18 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
turborickey said:
Now we need a Cubs sweep, and a salvage win to tie for the division.

Not good.

Not going to happen against Flaherty...the Brewers had their chances...just absolutely choked. It's disgusting to think they SHOULD/Could be up a game in the division right now if they had taken care of business in Colorado. Tomorrow feels like a Rockies shellacking to be honest.

No Braun No Cain. No Moose probably Pina catching. Yeah not happening. On to Washington

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:19 PM Post
I get it. Tonight sucks. But the reactions are making this look like a post-Packer game call-in show.

The season is not over. This team has already punched its ticket. Play well tomorrow, and who knows what might happen in the Cards/Cubs game.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:20 PM Post
Hader does kind of suck though. He's getting to Turnbow levels with keeping the ball in play. He's either striking guys out or doing that. He blew it. Your stud horse needs to close out a hitter like that on Sept 28. Absolutely pathetic finish.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Just rest Cain, Moose, roll out your C lineup tomorrow, and let Burnes, Williams, Black, Faria, chew up the game. We're not winning the division, fellas. Lightning already struck twice and we couldn't take advantage. You've got to be rested for Tuesday.

Quote   Reply 
Well, can't say we didn't have the opportunities.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:21 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
I get it. Tonight sucks. But the reactions are making this look like a post-Packer game call-in show.

The season is not over. This team has already punched its ticket. Play well tomorrow, and who knows what might happen in the Cards/Cubs game.

I don't even want to play a Game 163 anymore. look at the big picture and have a rested team for the WC game and take it from there.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:21 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Just rest Cain, Moose, roll out your C lineup tomorrow, and let Burnes, Williams, Black, Faria, chew up the game. We're not winning the division, fellas. Lightning already struck twice and we couldn't take advantage. You've got to be rested for Tuesday.

Yeah, do that, and you are guaranteeing the Cards get swept. Because baseball.

No way, you play to win tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:22 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Hader does kind of suck though. He's getting to Turnbow levels with keeping the ball in play. He's either striking guys out or doing that. He blew it. Your stud horse needs to close out a hitter like that on Sept 28. Absolutely pathetic finish.

There are plenty of bad takes on this forum but this one is especially awful...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:22 PM Post
Come on guys. The Cardinals have now lost twice to the B squad Cubs. That’s probably worse than our losses. I wonder if they are packing it in tomorrow and just hope we will lose?

Doubtful. It is two games...the results are as predictable as the last four played the last two days. Not what you expected.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:23 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

The “at least I didn’t go blind or contract leprosy today” post

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:24 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

If we don't mess up on the bases like little leaguers the score is 5-2 and Hader gets the save.

Quote   Reply 
The Cards are probably forced to pitch Flaherty tomorrow now, which means the Brewers wouldn't see him Monday for 163.

Quote   Reply 
No way to sugar coat it.
That was the 3Rd worst loss in my 40 years as a Brewer fan.

Quote   Reply 
This is a playoff team. For the second year in a row.

Sorry, but, as much as tonight was frustrating, it's not like we lost something we had in the bag. The Cardinals are the ones blowing it. We are just not making them pay. I will take this over 2014 any day.

We are probably (though not definitely) going to have to win a one-game playoff in Washington. Enjoy it. Even if it is just one game, it is October baseball!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply