LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
Doubtful. It is two games...the results are as predictable as the last four played the last two days. Not what you expected.[/quote]

Flaherty is going tomorrow. they aren't getting swept. It's over.[/quote]

Cards have lost 2 of his last 3 starts. Now back to hibernation like you promised.[/quote]

LOL before I go, I have been waiting for you to show up in one of my posts...I hope you learned that you saw EXACTLY why you don't sell. That's all you wanted them to do and now you're here reveling in them making the playoffs..Just seems hypocritical that you were all over the threads during the deadline preaching "sell, sell, sell", and then now celebrating them making the playoffs like you never said that?? It doesn't work that way...you have to own it. You seem glad they didn't sell now, right?? You should be!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:31 PM Post
mtrebs said:
yourout said:
No way to sugar coat it.
That was the 3Rd worst loss in my 40 years as a Brewer fan.

Is #1 Game 7 of the 1982 World Series and #2 Game 7 of the 2018 NLCS?

I would think that the KOTSAY in CF game would be up there too.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:32 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Cardinals are on fumes too.

You can play your lesser players and still play to win the game. The Cubs have been doing it the last 2 games.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:32 PM Post
willie key said:

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

It's not like I'm not pissed too. That game was a haymaker. But this team has managed to get off the mat so many times this year, I just think its foolish to once again write the obituary.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:36 PM Post
15 home runs in 75.2 IP. "Is this your king?"

Whatever I guess. Can't say I really expected the World Series but to come all this way to diarrhea like that, just wow. I thought Puig's home run was as bad as I could feel about the Brewers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
Highly emotional loss. Just because you’re able to immediately reason with yourself back into reality doesn’t mean try to do so with others on a message board. Allow people to be mad. Just a tip

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:37 PM Post
mtrebs said:
yourout said:
No way to sugar coat it.
That was the 3Rd worst loss in my 40 years as a Brewer fan.

Is #1 Game 7 of the 1982 World Series and #2 Game 7 of the 2018 NLCS?

Bingo.
The fact we only needed one out in this one is what really hurts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:38 PM Post
Who is the dunce of the reporter who asked Craig, "You have an extra hour tomorrow (after the Cards start to evaluate), right?"

As Craig told you, everyone plays at the same time tomorrow, dummy, and a professional journalist should already know that.

Last edited by adambr2 on September 28, 2019, 9:39 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:39 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Man. We had a golden opportunity tonight and blew it. This sucks.

Or, maybe we’re meant to beat the Nats, and to play the Dodgers in a 5 gamer instead of 7. Remember how much pressure will be on those 2 teams. They are expected to win. Pressure pressure.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:41 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
willie key said:

It’s ok for people to be Pissed after a major choke job like that. But people will get over it

It's not like I'm not pissed too. That game was a haymaker. But this team has managed to get off the mat so many times this year, I just think its foolish to once again write the obituary.

I don't think anybody's burying this team yet. You can't. They're in the playoffs no matter what. I just don't think it's worth it to expend the energy it will take to try to win a division that will likely not happen. Save your strength and get ready for Washington. I'm fine with that.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:42 PM Post
What a terrible pitch by Hader. Once again, first 12 pitches, 11 heaters. He threw a high fastball over the heart of the plate. That pitch needs much better location, or a slider down and away to get him flailing weakly

Quote   Reply 
Cool Hand Lucroy said:
This is a playoff team. For the second year in a row.

Sorry, but, as much as tonight was frustrating, it's not like we lost something we had in the bag. The Cardinals are the ones blowing it. We are just not making them pay. I will take this over 2014 any day.

We are probably (though not definitely) going to have to win a one-game playoff in Washington. Enjoy it. Even if it is just one game, it is October baseball!

The Cardinals are losing to their most hated rival, in a game where benches are clearing, a year after they cost the Cubs the division. The Brewers are getting blanked by 6 ERA starters. They're choking. 2/3 would have forced 163 and they couldn't do that. It's baseball and there are no guarantees but when that happens and part of it is your all star phenom giving up a dinger to a scrub, you choked.

Quote   Reply 
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:

Or, maybe we’re meant to beat the Nats, and to play the Dodgers in a 5 gamer instead of 7. Remember how much pressure will be on those 2 teams. They are expected to win. Pressure pressure.

Dodgers will likely sweep us.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:44 PM Post
PinaMadness said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
willie key said:

I don't think anybody's burying this team yet. You can't. They're in the playoffs no matter what. I just don't think it's worth it to expend the energy it will take to try to win a division that will likely not happen. Save your strength and get ready for Washington. I'm fine with that.

I understand that line of thinking. I just can't see the Brewers, knowing the way they are managed, going that route. But who knows?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:45 PM Post
We’re probably going to be facing Scherzer and an absolutely red hot Nationals team on Tuesday in DC. Somebody please talk me off the ledge.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:46 PM Post
I can think of many, many games where I’ve been more upset than this one. Probably because this last month has been so improbable that I still have never reached a point where the Brewers going anywhere in the playoffs made sense. I feel like I’ve gotten a month of unexpected meaningful games and still have a wild card game as a consolation prize. Even if they had won tonight the odds still favored the Cards to win the division because of Flaherty pitching tomorrow, home field if there would be a game 163, and a Brewers lineup missing some key figures (arguably their best two big game hitters).

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
BMB777 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:

Dodgers will likely sweep us.

Just looked at your post history, and every one of them is Cubs-related. Which sorta tells me that you may be trolling.

Unless ... Big Al, is that you?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:47 PM Post
The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:49 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Exactly. That's why it's tough for me to get too worked up over who they face. They are pretty much playing with house money at this point.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:50 PM Post
wibadgers23 said:
We’re probably going to be facing Scherzer and an absolutely red hot Nationals team on Tuesday in DC. Somebody please talk me off the ledge.

We only have to win once. If this was a best of five or seven I'd be worried. Scherzer hasn't been all that great this month anyway. It's definitely doable.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply