LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 in 10 innings -- Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]

Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:51 PM Post
Things were going along too well, it's been a tough last couple days. Bad Packer loss, bad Brewer losses. At least the Badgers won, but it didn't feel like it.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) [Brewers lose, 3-2 - Hader gives up tying HR with 2 outs in 9th; Albers yields heartbreaking walk-off HR in the 10th]
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:53 PM Post
Stearns hasn’t made too many mistakes as GM, but god Albers’s contract cannot be up soon enough. An era of nearly six across 94+ innings. Could’ve got better results from Taylor Williams or Barnes and at least have potential upside

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:54 PM Post
BMB777 said:
Brew crew 92 said:
adambr2 said:
Man. We had a golden opportunity tonight and blew it. This sucks.

Or, maybe we’re meant to beat the Nats, and to play the Dodgers in a 5 gamer instead of 7. Remember how much pressure will be on those 2 teams. They are expected to win. Pressure pressure.

Dodgers will likely sweep us.

Brewers weren’t supposed to get into the playoffs either, but did. Dodgers supposed to win a World Series but don’t.

Also remember this: the most important aspect of a baseball team is the bullpen. They might have a better offense and rotation, but we got em with the pen. But, first we beat the Nats.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:55 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Exactly. That's why it's tough for me to get too worked up over who they face. They are pretty much playing with house money at this point.

Well the big advantage for winning your division is that you don't have to win a win or go home game first just to get into the field of 4. Beyond that yeah I don't really care whether they would face the Braves or Dodgers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:57 PM Post
This one will bug me all year just like game 7. I really would have been content with losing in the NLDS. To blow the shot at 163 in that fashion makes me want to puke and while I've been hyperbolic the last hour I really do not trust Hader at all with a game on the line. Cannot believe how low his ERA is because it feels like I've seen him do that ten times this season. Any crappy hitter can give one of his poorly placed meatballs a ride. I hate him in one run games, and his K% is severely overrated when paired with 15 HR/75IP. Would've traded some Ks for a groundball tonight. Just sick. Absolutely sick.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:58 PM Post
Jopal78! said:
Stearns hasn’t made too many mistakes as GM, but god Albers’s contract cannot be up soon enough. An era of nearly six across 94+ innings. Could’ve got better results from Taylor Williams or Barnes and at least have potential upside

You lost me with your comments on Williams Barnes. Although they are wonderful low leverage, mop up pitchers.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 9:59 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
The Brewers would be massive underdogs against anyone in the field so who really cares. Division would have just been cool for some bragging rights.

Exactly. That's why it's tough for me to get too worked up over who they face. They are pretty much playing with house money at this point.

Well the big advantage for winning your division is that you don't have to win a win or go home game first just to get into the field of 4. Beyond that yeah I don't really care whether they would face the Braves or Dodgers.

I'd love to see them win the division. But it has always been a long shot. I mean, the odds maybe got close to 40-50% during those couple minutes after the Cubs/Cards game went final, and before Hader gave up his dinger, but they still go into tomorrow with a chance, which is all you can ask. Pretty phenomenal considering how this weekend has gone so far.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 10:05 PM Post
Adam McCalvy
@AdamMcCalvy
·
4m
Josh Hader said he made exactly the pitch he wanted to Hillard. "Exactly where I wanted it. He got a bat on it and elevation took it from there."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 10:09 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
This one will bug me all year just like game 7. I really would have been content with losing in the NLDS. To blow the shot at 163 in that fashion makes me want to puke and while I've been hyperbolic the last hour I really do not trust Hader at all with a game on the line. Cannot believe how low his ERA is because it feels like I've seen him do that ten times this season. Any crappy hitter can give one of his poorly placed meatballs a ride. I hate him in one run games, and his K% is severely overrated when paired with 15 HR/75IP. Would've traded some Ks for a groundball tonight. Just sick. Absolutely sick.

I agree with this for the most part. Anyone who says you feel great bringing him into a one run is lying. It is hard to pitch in this years mlb with one pitch you are willing to throw with the game on the line. A one run is a situation when you sit dead red and try to hit it out. It can be done rather easily it appears this season. Hader isn't terrible but he isn't shutdown either.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 10:17 PM Post
Brew crew 92 said:
Jopal78! said:

You lost me with your comments on Williams Barnes. Although they are wonderful low leverage, mop up pitchers.

Point being; it’s been a rare mistake by the team to keep Albers around all this time. There are at least 50 pitchers floating on the fringes of MLB that even if they put up an era of 5.00 would have substantially put pitches Albers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 28, 2019, 10:41 PM Post
If there is one solace, this team has proven pretty competent and taking the salvage game of many three-game series.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2019-09-28: Brewers (González) at Rockies (González) 7:10 PM CDT
Posted: September 29, 2019, 6:48 AM Post
NYChez said:
mtrebs said:
This is the worst regular season loss that I can remember. Maybe the worst in franchise history.

I agree. Giving up the lead on a Coors special that looked like a pop-up to short coming off the bat makes it that much worse.

Last night wasn't the first time a visiting team lost on what is normally a harmless pop up anywhere else.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:00 AM Post
adambr2 said:

Even if they do, you still don't win the division, you still have to go into St Louis and win. And if you can't do that you're completely on fumes for Tuesday. That's a lot to put into several unlikely things happening.

If it was tied going into tomorrow, of course, go all in. But no, not now. You've already punched your ticket, don't burn it.

There is still a chance St. Louis blows it again today and we'd still have to go to Busch Stadium and win. I'm sure there is nothing the Cubs would love to do more than to jeopardize the Cards' divisional title just like the Rockies did to us last night.

We have to try and win this game today. We don't want to go into the post season getting swept by these clowns in Colorado.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:01 AM Post
RoCoBrewfan said:
In the last 28 days, Hader had 13 appearances, faced 53 batters, allowed 5 hits, one homer, and had a .353 OPS against, but yeah, he 'sucks'.

Nobody throws 100% of their pitches for perfect pitches. I get it, we're frustrated, but wow. The guy does not suck.

Thank you to expressing this better than I did. [embarassed]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:03 AM Post
Brew4U said:
RoCoBrewfan said:
In the last 28 days, Hader had 13 appearances, faced 53 batters, allowed 5 hits, one homer, and had a .353 OPS against, but yeah, he 'sucks'.

Nobody throws 100% of their pitches for perfect pitches. I get it, we're frustrated, but wow. The guy does not suck.

Not ideal to have him blow 7 games this season. It’s not crazy bad but he’s been an issue this season as great as he is.

Over a long season to blow only 7 saves isn't something to be concerned about. He isn't a machine. It just hurts more because of the circumstances. And if we aren't in Denver that is just a harmless garden variety pop up instead of a homer.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:05 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Cardinals are on fumes too.

You can play your lesser players and still play to win the game. The Cubs have been doing it the last 2 games.

You speak the truth here. Plus Chicago in on the road, just like we are.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:09 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:

Nobody expected a beat up 2010 Packers team to win it all either. This is sports. You just never know.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:10 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
wibadgers23 said:
We’re probably going to be facing Scherzer and an absolutely red hot Nationals team on Tuesday in DC. Somebody please talk me off the ledge.

We only have to win once. If this was a best of five or seven I'd be worried. Scherzer hasn't been all that great this month anyway. It's definitely doable.

Plus we'll have one of our 2 best on the mound for that game too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 7:11 AM Post
Jopal78! said:

I really don't want Albers on the playoff roster.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 29, 2019, 8:01 AM Post
Just saw the replay on Cain's play at the plate.

My take.
Catcher had his foot in the Baseline before the throw arrived.
Catcher could have caught the ball inside the Baseline and prevented the collision. Want the point of the rule to prevent collisions?

Side note.
The mrs and i are in Denver visiting our niece and if they had won i would have went today but after that i just can't bring myself to do it.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next  [ 663 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply